Seacoast GDA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2273909]so it is better to create a network of clubs that make travel logistics better and try and attract players to those locations over time ? or just add clubs based on current quality?

problem with all this BS is people in the now are making all sorts of projections based on the now. Yes, it may be that the GDA is not at a level right now that would make you consider switching to a member club, but its not a short term solution.[/QUOTE

Ok. Well I hope future players have a better youth soccer system then these ones do but my kid plays now so we will choose from this overpriced, underwhelming menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes. When ussf did a development academy only for boys, the ecnl seized the business opportunity to do it themselves. And for 10 years the ussf did nothing about it.

I get that, but you seem to be saying the GDA copied ECNL. I aslo think there was a certain amount of complacency with the women based on where we were. I think over time the USSF is alarmed by how much ground we appear to have lost technically to other countries.

the knee jerk reaction is to "blame" the quality of the top platform - ECNL. Personally, I dont think thats THE reason. Its one of many. I can understand why teh USSF, who are not at all "on the ground" when it comes to grass roots anything, would think that it was the reason.

The GDA is not the solution to the problem they think they have, and the people deciding to do the GDA are either out of touch OR doing it for selfish reasons ( AH)

The ECNL as a league is not producing high level players in any material volumes. The GDA wont either.

the arguments putting on against the other and talking about quality as the determinant are silly. they are both bad relative to cost and the player commitment required. there are pockets of excellence , but its not consistent and it will never be unless the incentives change. When failure is punished by real $$ loss and excellence makes $$ then things will change.

Until then , make the best of it and hope you live near a club with a good coach or 2 who actually cares about players enough to tell them the truth.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2273914]
        so it is better to create a network of clubs that make travel logistics better and try and attract players to those locations over time ? or just add clubs based on current quality?

problem with all this BS is people in the now are making all sorts of projections based on the now. Yes, it may be that the GDA is not at a level right now that would make you consider switching to a member club, but its not a short term solution.[/QUOTE

Ok. Well I hope future players have a better youth soccer system then these ones do but my kid plays now so we will choose from this overpriced, underwhelming menu.
        yes. i agree. its a mess.

Comment

I’m obviously not going to convince you. Talk to your club. That’s all I can say. It seems like you are the one about to have a heart attack about something you can easily confirm. Why do you buy the stuff that others appear to be feeding to you? For what it’s worth, a little independent thinking and skepticism might make you less angry.
          You are the one that seems anger and "calmly" pretending. I already confirmed and no...The clubs that were asked to choose last year, didn't have options. It Was either one or the other. I can tell you there is more than one poster replying here and that yes ECNL founders are selfish, narcissist, and control freaks. They couldn't get their way with USSF and they bail out.

Comment

You are the one that seems anger and "calmly" pretending. I already confirmed and no...The clubs that were asked to choose last year, didn't have options. It Was either one or the other. I can tell you there is more than one poster replying here and that yes ECNL founders are selfish, narcissist, and control freaks. They couldn't get their way with USSF and they bail out.

What good does name calling do for any of these players. I could call names - arrogant, chauvanistic, insular, snail paced. Oh well. There is lots of blame to go around. My job is help my player choose a path and your job is to help yours. I want success for all these players. Not really concerned about the leagues. That mess has nothing to do with these players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              I thought the other poster was talking about this year. BBA was allowed to return for the next season and chose not to, and I heard the same thing and am with BBA. You do sound a little unhinged.

Comment

I thought the other poster was talking about this year. BBA was allowed to return for the next season and chose not to, and I heard the same thing and am with BBA. You do sound a little unhinged.
                You heard wrong.

Comment

BBA would be NEFC. So you think that's possible?

Comment

You heard wrong.
                    Actually, not the guy who started this, but I did not hear wrong. I heard straight from the coach’s mouth at a time when it seemed only Stars was leaving. Look, I’m fine with DA. I was fine last year with ECNL.

Comment

Actually, not the guy who started this, but I did not hear wrong. I heard straight from the coach’s mouth at a time when it seemed only Stars was leaving. Look, I’m fine with DA. I was fine last year with ECNL.
                      He told you what you wanted to hear.

Comment

Just let the angry, uninformed poster go on with his day.

Comment

Just let the angry, uninformed poster go on with his day.
                          Responding to your own poster, stars guy?

Comment

Responding to your own poster, stars guy?
                            Not I, but I appreciate the other guy’s post. You aren’t moving along, but I will.

Comment

Kids that don't want GDA will leave Seacoast and find someplace else to play. Maybe some will stay and just play on the NENPL team which has worked for NEFC.

Kids that want GDA will move from Stars to Seacoast or NEFC DA.

NEFC is a big club. They can pull off both. Stars was not able to make it work with ECNL and DA. Neither was PDA. That's essentially two travel leagues. You just shifting on DA license from Stars to Seacoast. The kids that want that will move to Seacoast or NEFC from Stars. There were two teams this in DA locally, there will be two next year. It won't change much.

Comment

Kids that don't want GDA will leave Seacoast and find someplace else to play. Maybe some will stay and just play on the NENPL team which has worked for NEFC.

Kids that want GDA will move from Stars to Seacoast or NEFC DA.

NEFC is a big club. They can pull off both. Stars was not able to make it work with ECNL and DA. Neither was PDA. That's essentially two travel leagues. You just shifting on DA license from Stars to Seacoast. The kids that want that will move to Seacoast or NEFC from Stars. There were two teams this in DA locally, there will be two next year. It won't change much.
                                As a Seacoast parent, all of that is fine but there is a group of our girls getting hurt in this. Many of us purposely chosen to not go into MA to pursue GDA or ECNL. We knew the travel and expense wasn't for us, and/or we knew our daughter's skill level wasn't up to par. There's a real concern that Seacoast may not be able to field both GDA and NPL teams. If that happens, what are our options if we refuse to consider GDA? Go back to NEP and what else? Another NPL team will require a long ride to training for many.

I know nothing changes for most kids and it's business as usual. But for some, their options just changed big time and it's disappointing. These girls aren't future NT players but they love to play and the NPL teams provided a good option close by with a challenge at their level. Just feels like only the big stars matter.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X