Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC Offers

Has anyone else received an offer of a spot on an NEFC team for this coming fall season? My daughter hasn't attended any tryouts of theirs. We have done their tournaments this year though. Is this the norm?

Not sure what you are saying? Your child doesn’t currently play for an NEFC team, has never attended a practice this year, or ever spoken to a coach about playing for NEFC, and you still received an offer of a roster spot with contract to play on one of their teams for next year???? Not an invite to tryout, but an actual offer? That seems unlikely to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Has anyone else received an offer of a spot on an NEFC team for this coming fall season? My daughter hasn't attended any tryouts of theirs. We have done their tournaments this year though. Is this the norm?
      My child also got an offer via e-mail . We never tried out. We just did a clinic at Wheeler .
      I like to think my son is good but not that good not to tryout. We are going to try and visit another club too.

Comment

My child also got an offer via e-mail . We never tried out. We just did a clinic at Wheeler .
        I like to think my son is good but not that good not to tryout. We are going to try and visit another club too.
        I've heard of things like this before. Up here just north of Boston, GPS was having trouble filling their 3rd and 4th teams at some regions for the Spring season last year, and the already paid families were freaking out. GPS hosted a bunch of free one-day clinics during school breaks, and afterward the families got emails saying "Based on his performance at Clinic XYZ, your little Billy is being offered a spot on our Metro North Select Blue team."

Thing is... of the three or four families I know who got those emails, most had signed up for the clinic but skipped it because the weather was bad that day.

Comment

Sounds like a desperate club. Wait until she joins NEFC and then starts to get the late night texts with plenty of emoji's and phone calls from coachy.

Comment

NEFC Tryouts are over a week away and your daughter who has no affiliation with the club already received an offer? I smell bull-ish.

Comment

NEFC Tryouts are over a week away and your daughter who has no affiliation with the club already received an offer? I smell bull-ish.
              Original poster - as i said, we took part in one of their tournaments which is apparently where she was “ID’d” hence why I asked if this was the norm. Maybe I wasn’t clear with this.

Comment

Original poster - as i said, we took part in one of their tournaments which is apparently where she was “ID’d” hence why I asked if this was the norm. Maybe I wasn’t clear with this.
                It is not the norm but things in the soccer world have become very competitive. NEFC is the largest club in New England. They have some of the best team and players. That being said they also have town level teams that are used to feed the machine. Find out who is coaching the team. That is the one of most important crtiteria for the development of your child and in what divison the teams will play. I personnaly would not accept and go to the actual tryouts. Look at the quality that is at the tryouts and then go from there.

Comment

What age group?

Comment

Any offer would come directly from the coach, you could just email them back and ask where they got your info since you didn’t tryout! Tryouts have not even occurred yet and playing in a tournament does not give an individual coach easy access to who was on teams that registered. Sounds like BS!

Comment

Not normal

NEFC is a shell of the club they once where. A lot of bad hires in the coaching staff. In some regions I am sure they have pre printed offers in their coach duffle just pencil in a name. My guess is it is one of the depleted regions looking for revenue.

Comment

What age group?
                        Not the OP, but I will place my bet on.........hmmmmm.......2004's??? Just a guess.

I also thought this was against the rules of NEP, not to try to poach players from other clubs, especially before tryout season.

Comment

Not the OP, but I will place my bet on.........hmmmmm.......2004's??? Just a guess.

I also thought this was against the rules of NEP, not to try to poach players from other clubs, especially before tryout season.
                          If this post is true and not just a troll starting BS, this is directly from the NEP Rules on their website.

"Coaches are not allowed to contact any players from another NEP club during regular season play. Contact may only be initiated by a coach during the stated time frame for try-outs."

If NEFC or any other club sent out pre-offers, they are in violation.

Care to share details OP?

Comment

If this post is true and not just a troll starting BS, this is directly from the NEP Rules on their website.

"Coaches are not allowed to contact any players from another NEP club during regular season play. Contact may only be initiated by a coach during the stated time frame for try-outs."

If NEFC or any other club sent out pre-offers, they are in violation.

Care to share details OP?
                            We all know these rules aren’t followed through on.

Comment

Not OP, but I do know for a fact that NEFC has sent out pre offers to younger players, 07,08,09,10 that are not current NEFC players, I believe that these players still play on town teams, and have siblings with NEFC, they are trying to build the younger teams without even seeing these players!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X