Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would like to see a club come up with a cohesive progression plan for players. Have all coaches on the same page with a club training plan, etc. Evaluations on players so it is clear what areas need work. This would be a professional way to run a club, is it possible? Too many coaches do their own thing, no consistency. Parents think the grass is greener somewhere else.
    Amen!

Comment

I would like to see a club come up with a cohesive progression plan for players. Have all coaches on the same page with a club training plan, etc. Evaluations on players so it is clear what areas need work. This would be a professional way to run a club, is it possible? Too many coaches do their own thing, no consistency. Parents think the grass is greener somewhere else.
      That club is around!

Comment

I'm not justifying poaching. I think its horrible. But maybe those players just wanted to leave all along. Hasn't the Cape lost 7+ entire teams in the past 2 years. That's at least 100+ players. Maybe there is something wrong with the club that allows these situations (poaching or not) to happen.

Show us how you club has progressed in the past 5 years through the next 5? Justify why those players (and parents) SHOULDN'T have looked for a better opportunity.

If they didn't like where they were and wanted to look for a better opportunity there is a right way to go about that and a wrong way. The right way is to ask for your release and try, albeit mostly unlucky, to join another club for the season. Or you could finish out your season with your old club or just not play on a team for the remainder of the season. The problem there in lies when parents and players want to have their cake and eat it too. They wanted to continue playing games, etc. but start training with their new club. Like a lot of things in life you can't have one foot in and the other out. We must teach our children responsibility, commitment, integrity, honesty, respect. Instead, we just teach our kids how to go and get yours regardless of consequences and rules.

Comment

If they didn't like where they were and wanted to look for a better opportunity there is a right way to go about that and a wrong way. The right way is to ask for your release and try, albeit mostly unlucky, to join another club for the season. Or you could finish out your season with your old club or just not play on a team for the remainder of the season. The problem there in lies when parents and players want to have their cake and eat it too. They wanted to continue playing games, etc. but start training with their new club. Like a lot of things in life you can't have one foot in and the other out. We must teach our children responsibility, commitment, integrity, honesty, respect. Instead, we just teach our kids how to go and get yours regardless of consequences and rules.
          The girls are still with the old club as far as I know. They are finishing out State Cup.
          I believe they were doing private training - which as far as I know is not illegal, not should it be. It should be the players/parents choice ti do private training sessions with whomever they please.
          As a parent, I pay a lot of money to have my kid trained. I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me I can't have my child get private lessons from a coach/trainer of my choice. That is independent of team training and commitment to the club.

Comment

I believe the children are the future. Unless they are under contract.

Comment

The girls are still with the old club as far as I know. They are finishing out State Cup.
              I believe they were doing private training - which as far as I know is not illegal, not should it be. It should be the players/parents choice ti do private training sessions with whomever they please.
              As a parent, I pay a lot of money to have my kid trained. I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me I can't have my child get private lessons from a coach/trainer of my choice. That is independent of team training and commitment to the club.
              I was there. I know who you are as well. It wasn’t a private training. We were trying to get DF to coach the 2004 girls age group at GPS. Don’t try to cover things up after they’ve been uncovered. No clue what FYSA will do with this, but you can’t deny things that actually happened.

Comment

No wonder you play for GPS; great character...... Not!
                Karma Baby

Comment

Cape only cares about their recreational teams. Spineless Eddie only cares about his six figure salary. 50 plus kids have left Cape to go to GPS in the past year, they must all be wrong.

Comment

Cape only cares about their recreational teams. Spineless Eddie only cares about his six figure salary. 50 plus kids have left Cape to go to GPS in the past year, they must all be wrong.
                    Two threads saying the same thing. Give it up.

With GPS under investigation for poaching, doesn’t look too they were caught cheating in a State Cup.

And yes to the next poster, I understand they didn’t play the girl in the game but they tried to roster her and play her; therefore, cheating.

We’ll see what happens...

Comment

With GPS under investigation for poaching, doesn’t look too they were caught cheating in a State Cup.

And yes to the next poster, I understand they didn’t play the girl in the game but they tried to roster her and play her; therefore, cheating.

You dont have to be a mindreader to already know what will happen.

No matter what, GPS will continue to dominate SWFL with their success, opportunities offered, College placement and entire organization being head and shoulders above other Clubs. Particularly Cape who will continue to feed off scraps.

GPS have gotten better every single year with no let up.

With the amount of players leaving Cape for GPS every year theyll be lucky if they ever see another "competitive" team come out of their sad, sorry, insignificant little Club ever again.

Comment

Next poster here...........

They didn't "try" to roster her. The rosters are frozen. It was an error in the roster.

You are right....We will see what happens.

But we will also see you club pick up the pieces after this tryout season. Good luck. How many kids did you lose this year (by their own free will)? 50...70.......100......

Comment

I am a Cape parent and lets just be honest here there is no club in Southwest Florida that has shown the ability to prouduce top players and teams consistently. Yes GPS has had success at State Cup and has good older teams but this is a combination of recruiting and being in a centralized location. GPS is a very average club at younger ages. Honestly the only club that has truly deveoloped top teams on their own is the Fire but it has only been a couple of random teams nothing consistent. We need to stop fighting each other and realize we are here for the kids. I personally believe Cape should have turned a blind eye and not reported GPS because again in the end it hurt the girlson that team most and the kids come first this is YOUTH soccer. Stop poisoning soccer in the area and let’s just worry about our kids hopefully developing a passion for the game and improving a little bit each year, nothing else matters. I loved hearing the GPS parent that went to support the Fire at final 4 in state cup, that’s how it should be we should work with each other not against each other. Let’s be better than Miami and Tampa not just in quality of play but with the example we set as adults, let’s work together to improve SWFL League and all of the teams and players in our area. Why so much animosity do the best you can with the team that you have and respect and help each other. At the end of the year of a player is approached by another club in the open window and they decide to move on you need to accept it and consider what are the reasons their leaving how can I improve to not lose another top player next season and not turn into a dung tossing contest. Unfortunately we’re all to busy chasing victories so we can brag at the next family holiday at the expense of our own kids experience and enjoyment in soccer.

Comment

If your kid has talent they will leave Cape Coral or be left behind. Cape is great at their Recrsational programs and competitive when they want to compete in uncompetitive leagues . The FPL that they are raving about are where most Premier Leagues second teamS will play. It’s not all about winning, but training and the quality of player they are training against does!!! Cape will never have a group of high caliber coaches because they won’t spend the money. They definitely have a few, but are stretched thin and two are interested in leaving by next year. Have you actually looked at the fields in Cape Coral? They are in horrible condition and you would be better off playing in a cow pasture that’s freshly mowed. Maybe you should worry about your own kid and accept the truth.

Comment

Thank you 2004 Girls

So if the 2004 Cyclone Girls would have stayed together there wouldn’t be a 2003 Cyclone Girls team! There is currently 6 girls from the 2004 team on the 2003 team. There is a total of 14 girls on the 2003 team. Easy math everyone, 14-6=8 players for the 2003 team. So keep being mad at parents that are doing what’s best for their kids and realize most will be leaving the Cape in the next few years!!!

Comment

So if the 2004 Cyclone Girls would have stayed together there wouldn’t be a 2003 Cyclone Girls team! There is currently 6 girls from the 2004 team on the 2003 team. There is a total of 14 girls on the 2003 team. Easy math everyone, 14-6=8 players for the 2003 team. So keep being mad at parents that are doing what’s best for their kids and realize most will be leaving the Cape in the next few years!!!
                                In other words, Cape wants to claim poaching for the 04 girls. How do they explain all the other age groups? Maybe kids/parents just want to leave the club.
                                Stop expecting automatic loyalty, and fix your club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X