Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Brooks had 4 yellows and red against Rivers?!? That's absurd. Anyone at this game that can speak to what happened?
    Brooks played 6 people on defended and just played a kick and run game. in a wet slippery game, it was easy to slide but there was made kids who went for the man instead of for the ball. the ref let some go before but then after a few hard challenges, he just gave yellows. could this anger be because of their two loses to rivers last year.

Comment

Brooks played 6 people on defended and just played a kick and run game. in a wet slippery game, it was easy to slide but there was made kids who went for the man instead of for the ball. the ref let some go before but then after a few hard challenges, he just gave yellows. could this anger be because of their two loses to rivers last year.
      Anger would not justify...

Comment

Anger would not justify...
        All this stuff about Brooks is utter nonsense, including the one from mom saying the coach told players to go for the ankles (I suppose you were sitting on the players side of the field mom?). No excuse for so many cards, but to slander a respected coach with this nonsense or suggest it has something to do with last year (when most of the current players weren't on the field or even on the team) is rubbish. Sounds to me like Brooks was trying to stay in the game against a vastly superior team so they man-marked the dangerous striker and played long in hopes of hanging in the game.

Comment

Top 3 predictions

LA: once both Aku and ak are healthy this team won't lose.
          Rivers: TD will carry this team far, but when LA if fully healthy I see them coming in second.
          Novels: They have had a strong start but rivers and LA are too good.
          LA has the better schedule going forward. They played and tied some of the top teams with some key players out injured. Rivers can loose one to Milton, Nobles or St. Marks. Odds are that LA takes the ISL title if they tie or win playing Rivers.

Comment

Predictions: Will Rivers be able to poke through the force that is the Thayer defensive line?

Comment

Predictions: Will Rivers be able to poke through the force that is the Thayer defensive line?
              The one that RL and Nobles scored 3 times on? The one that Groton scored 4 times on? Yeah I think they'll be fine.

Comment

Doubtful. Rivers is going to recieve a huge wakeup call tomorrow out on the pitch.

Comment

I hope so but Thayer is pretty bad.

Comment

I hope so but Thayer is pretty bad.
                    Let's see what the boy with two last names C.H. Has to bring tomorrow !

Comment

An example, there were at least 4 fouls called by assistant ref. After Rivers players have completed the play, Brooks players did not stop, either kick ankles or knee or elbowing or knocking player down. Central ref did not see it as the play was done a few seconds already but assistant ref did. None of them were given yellow card as they should. Could easily 4 more yellow cards to Brooks. One player slip tackled from straight behind with two feet and got yellow card as should be red card. Last year’s Brooks played physical but clear as they are very talented and they know they don’t have to play dirty to win games. This year is different story, still have a lot of good players but dirty for a few of them. That is very disappointed to see they fell into the category of not able to win so try to hurt other players. Brooks will be a good team next year, and they have to be careful other teams treat them the same way they treated Rivers this year. What goes around, comes around.
                      Having watched the game Brooks was clearly the stronger of the sides in the first half playing strong defensive soccer, I don't think that they began to foul because they realized the game was lost. Instead they began to foul incidentally, which probably cost them a game they otherwise should have won.

Comment

Let's see what the boy with two last names C.H. Has to bring tomorrow !
                        He really is not that great of an advantage to his team, 6 goals, 3 assists? T.D. 16 goals, 2 assists? you be the judge.

Comment

Having watched the game Brooks was clearly the stronger of the sides in the first half playing strong defensive soccer, I don't think that they began to foul because they realized the game was lost. Instead they began to foul incidentally, which probably cost them a game they otherwise should have won.
                          i dont know if you were actually there or actually watching the jv teams. Brooks only had a defensive line because they had 6 defenders, 2 mids and 2 strikers. they had barely any shots. i doubt that 1 shot on goal and 2 shots in total is dominating. while rivers 18 shots and 10 corners.

Comment

Predictions????

Milton 2 at St. Mark's 2
                            Belmont Hill 2 at Middlesex 2
                            Rivers 3 at Thayer 1
                            St. Sebastian's 0 at Lawrence 6
                            BB&N 3 at St. Paul's 2
                            Nobles 2 at Groton 2
                            Roxbury Latin 3 at Governor's 0
                            Brooks 2 at St. George's 1

Comment

Rox Latin 2 Govs 1. Govs came out fired up and had rox Latin on their heels but couldn't seem to finish. It seems these guys can play when they want to. Looked strong with the return of midfielder #10. Strong performances by #14 and #6 for Govs offensively as well as #7 in the back. Rox Latin players #10 and #14 proved strong in the win. Good match overall.

Comment

Rox Latin 2 Govs 1. Govs came out fired up and had rox Latin on their heels but couldn't seem to finish. It seems these guys can play when they want to. Looked strong with the return of midfielder #10. Strong performances by #14 and #6 for Govs offensively as well as #7 in the back. Rox Latin players #10 and #14 proved strong in the win. Good match overall.
                                One of the most inaccurate comments I've read on this site. RL played poorly, but still created multiple oppurtunities. They missed two breakaways and hit two posts, and failed to convert on a couple other solid chances. Gov's' goal was completely undeserved, as the RL keeper drop an undangerous lofted cross to the feet of the only Govs player in the box. Govs should consider consider themselves lucky to not have lost 6-0. Zero players looked strong for Govs today. Also if they can "play when they want to." why do they zero points? Do they just not want it bad enough?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X