Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Without being mean, I was very surprised that that OW player got money to play soccer. Either she got a lot better in a year, or that speaks volumes about FU and where they are.
    This comment is vintage Oakwood. You people truly do eat your young.

I can guarantee you that pretty much no one outside of Oakwood knows this kid. She was clearly good enough to get recruited to a D1 program and good enough to play as a first year. 99% of the posters here don't have kids that will come close to sniffing this level.

I'm truly embarrassed for you that you felt the need to make that comment.

As a club, this is the exact level that you'd love your kids to have a look at each year. Good school and meaningful soccer. Very few kids around here are going to big time programs.

Comment

This comment is vintage Oakwood. You people truly do eat your young.

I can guarantee you that pretty much no one outside of Oakwood knows this kid. She was clearly good enough to get recruited to a D1 program and good enough to play as a first year. 99% of the posters here don't have kids that will come close to sniffing this level.

I'm truly embarrassed for you that you felt the need to make that comment.

As a club, this is the exact level that you'd love your kids to have a look at each year. Good school and meaningful soccer. Very few kids around here are going to big time programs.
      Honestly, I am not trying to be mean here, but it was a big surprise to get money (especially D1). Yes, I should say nothing if I have nothing nice to say, but it was still a shock for lots of people. Even more of a shock that she does play a lot, but good for her.

Comment

Honestly, I am not trying to be mean here, but it was a big surprise to get money (especially D1). Yes, I should say nothing if I have nothing nice to say, but it was still a shock for lots of people. Even more of a shock that she does play a lot, but good for her.
        How about keeping your mouth shut.

The 2002 that is committed there is one of the better players in the club and thrilled to be going there. Its a good school and a nice accomplishment

With parents like you in the club who needs enemies! no wonder why people hate us!

Comment

The 2002 that is committed there is one of the better players in the club and thrilled to be going there. Its a good school and a nice accomplishment

With parents like you in the club who needs enemies! no wonder why people hate us!
          Listen, I am not an OW parent, but that club, including YOU, is full of bat-$h|t cra-cra parents. I am glad your kid got into FU, but stop overselling her and trying to justify your decision for her. She would have been better served going to Wesleyan or Trinity in the long run, but take your $5,000 per year in athletic money and tell everyone at the water cooler that your kid got a full boat to play D1 soccer because she is so amazing. I hope she majors in psychology so she can live at your house until you die.

Comment

Not to be mean, but you're a DIK.

Saying "not to be mean" is like a racist saying "I'm not a racist but..."

Comment

No people hate people like you, who try to prop up their kids anonymously on TS. Next you'll deny you're their parent, just some person who has "seen them play"

Comment

That 2002 is not that good! This statement propped up by the fact that she accepted an offer from FU. It is not hard to find a better school or more money at lots of other places, including D2 and D3. D1-chasing fools trying to justify their decision.

Comment

Best striker in the league? Really?? Only 1 of her 12 goals is against a team with a winning record. She sounds like a bottom-feeder. I bet she is pretty fast but not very technical or creative. Probably can't create anything on her own, let alone for a teammate and likely scores mostly on long, open counters or if she happens to be standing in the right place at the right time (in front of the net) and stuffs in a trash goal. Seen this type a million times (in HS, club, and college) ..... would never count on her if I needed a goal in a big game against a good team which is also probably why she doesn't get as much time as another poster alluded to. I bet the whole team is filled with track stars and very few soccer players.
                  You're an åsshole

.... and, ONLY 1 ASSIST!!! Embarrassing. We all know this type of player.
                  So are you

Yeah, one of the other 30 players on the team that does all of the work!

-Not an FU parent (just looked into the stats quickly .... there is always a story there if you look for it)
                  And so are you

Comment

You're an åsshole

So are you

And so are you
                    Sorry Mom, perhaps you shouldn't gloat so much over a mediocre player that can't finish against a quality side!!! It's just like high school ..... all state players are built on the stats they have against the most pathetic of teams that they face. Hat tricks galore against bridgeport and new haven teams and big fat goose eggs against any team with a winning record!

Comment

hilarious watching OW eat their young

Comment

Sorry Mom, perhaps you shouldn't gloat so much over a mediocre player that can't finish against a quality side!!! It's just like high school ..... all state players are built on the stats they have against the most pathetic of teams that they face. Hat tricks galore against bridgeport and new haven teams and big fat goose eggs against any team with a winning record!
                        You can't finish anything, dbag. Does it make you feel like a big man to anonymously bag on a teenage girl? You need something to make you feel,like a big man because you're nothing but a big pussy.

Comment

No people hate people like you, who try to prop up their kids anonymously on TS. Next you'll deny you're their parent, just some person who has "seen them play"
                          Like you do I presume. Anyone that needs to prop up own kid has a kid who isnt getting it done. Othetwise the kid is propping up him or herself.

Comment

You can't finish anything, dbag. Does it make you feel like a big man to anonymously bag on a teenage girl? You need something to make you feel,like a big man because you're nothing but a big pussy.
                            Yes, totally, tough guy.

Comment

By their actual play.

Comment

Like you do I presume. Anyone that needs to prop up own kid has a kid who isnt getting it done. Othetwise the kid is propping up him or herself.
                                By.their actual play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X