Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you tried this new soccer ball to teach striking?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried this new soccer ball to teach striking?

Have any of you seen this soccer ball? We saw these guys at a local soccer tournament and bought a ball - it is pretty legit & my kid loves it. Apparently they sell on Amazon too, but couldnt find them on there.

Here is their website: https://goassistsports.com/

What do you think? Can this be a learning tool for coaches to use in a team environment, or more for personal use at home?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have any of you seen this soccer ball? We saw these guys at a local soccer tournament and bought a ball - it is pretty legit & my kid loves it. Apparently they sell on Amazon too, but couldnt find them on there.

What do you think? Can this be a learning tool for coaches to use in a team environment, or more for personal use at home?
    good for the littlest ones

Comment

good for the littlest ones
      Idk about that. I see plenty of U10-U13s who still kick incorrectly or have a hard time making proper contact. Bad for the game...

Maybe it's just all those great paid coaches out there...

Comment

Nobody that's spent an adequate amount of time with a soccer ball has trouble striking it. Stop with these moronic inventions to fast track development. There are no shortcuts people.

Comment

i saw something similar one time for goalkeeping. so i grabbed a crappy ball and put numbers on each panel. then i'd throw it to the goalie and they'd have to call the number they saw in the middle before they caught it. That number had to be the one between their hands when they caught it. It was good for making sure they actually caught the ball and kept their eye on it. seemed to work, but just like this one, you can grab a cruddy ball and just grab a permanent marker and save yourself about $50

Comment

adidas had the micoach ball which was interesting to learn where to strike to get dips or curves. more finess type thing and was a neat toy to mess with.

Comment

We have golf clubs and balls with cheaters on there to teach how/where to strike a ball. We have cards that give a subtle alert if you drift. We have hockey nets with targets in the corners on where to hit. We have all kinds of test equipment used to teach muscle memory, not sure why this would be any different.

Comment

We have golf clubs and balls with cheaters on there to teach how/where to strike a ball. We have cards that give a subtle alert if you drift. We have hockey nets with targets in the corners on where to hit. We have all kinds of test equipment used to teach muscle memory, not sure why this would be any different.
                I tried the same tactic in the bedroom with my old lady hoping to improve her skills on my balls

Comment

LMFAO. You have your wife hit your balls with clubs in the bedroom? you are a glutton for punishment.

I tried the same tactic in the bedroom with my old lady hoping to improve her skills on my balls

Comment

W t f. This went downhill fast...

LMFAO. You have your wife hit your balls with clubs in the bedroom? you are a glutton for punishment.

Comment

Nobody that's spent an adequate amount of time with a soccer ball has trouble striking it. Stop with these moronic inventions to fast track development. There are no shortcuts people.
                      So you're saying that there are NO young kids out there who have been playing for 2 or 3 years (which I would say qualifies as "adequate amount of time") that don't have any issues kicking the ball?

Doesn't come naturally to all. Some times all it takes is the right coach and they are not always possible to find, unfortunately. This product can be very helpful I believe.

Comment

ESPN came out with something like this recently. This is much more appealing on the eye.

Comment

dfafsaadfsa

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X