Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OPFC 4. Westside 0.

Not much else to say. Complete and total domination by OPFC from the whistle. OPFC scored their first goal a minute and a half in....downhill from there. Sloppily played 2nd half by OPFC, but Westside looked to be already done. Score could have easily been 6-7 to nothing. Westside appeared to be a team that was overwhelmed....almost as if they mailed it in? Curious as to what is going on over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Meh. WashT are tough on Harmony, it suits GS and MS well. And good teams can have bad games, it happens.
      It does....twice in a row.

Comment

4-0 Crossfire over Westside. XFire was up early and really wasn’t ever challenged. Westside had a couple good looks but couldn’t capitalize. Westside has good individual players, but there was very little team play today. XFire showed them how that was done most of the game and certainly on their final goal which was one of the better team goals from the whole season.

Two weekends in a row XFire has shut down ML and GS. Apparently Athey is the great equalizer 😜.

Comment

OPFC 4. Westside 0.

Not much else to say. Complete and total domination by OPFC from the whistle. OPFC scored their first goal a minute and a half in....downhill from there. Sloppily played 2nd half by OPFC, but Westside looked to be already done. Score could have easily been 6-7 to nothing. Westside appeared to be a team that was overwhelmed....almost as if they mailed it in? Curious as to what is going on over there?
          4 games in 9 days. Back to back games against WashT and OPFC. ML going to TA. Take your pick ...

Comment

4 games in 9 days. Back to back games against WashT and OPFC. ML going to TA. Take your pick ...
            The sun was in their eyes. It was Mother's Day. The dog ate their homework....please. All of those kids with the exception of the next Benchwarmer for TA, are going back to OYSA. They will be playing double duty. If they can't play 4 games in 9days, or back to back back games in 2 days (pretty sure you should have scheduled better) than they should play rec. However, I do not think for a minute those kids cannot hang with 4 games in 9days, or back to back games. If Westside had won either game, all we would have heard is how superior they are. Goes both ways.

Comment

Haha, the typical westside way now- make excuses, say it does no matter, etc etc. i guess westside can’t win without homecooking and my view. I would have loved to see wa Timbers and opfc thrash westside like we did on Charlie’s carpet. Welcome to your spot in the pecking order westside....

Comment

The sun was in their eyes. It was Mother's Day. The dog ate their homework....please. All of those kids with the exception of the next Benchwarmer for TA, are going back to OYSA. They will be playing double duty. If they can't play 4 games in 9days, or back to back back games in 2 days (pretty sure you should have scheduled better) than they should play rec. However, I do not think for a minute those kids cannot hang with 4 games in 9days, or back to back games. If Westside had won either game, all we would have heard is how superior they are. Goes both ways.
                I heard on another thread that Vantucky’s 07’s smash Westside 12-0 on Saturday. Portland market is saturated because now you’re seeing westside struggle.

But hey, let’s add another club

Comment

Your somewhat abridged recap, since none isn't really necessary.

Not sure what has been going on the past two weekends. Four games in two weekends shouldn't be a problem. It does look like a few players did check out on the season a bit early, which is a shame for the rest. A few others seem to be struggling with form all of a sudden, but at least were busting their butts. And no, I ain't naming names.

First goal came fairly quickly, on a run down the right side. Teams played more or less evenly for a bit, then OPFC started winning a bit more possession. About halfway through, the second goal came.

To add injury to insult, OPFC got the ball to a forward who was brought down by a Westside defender in the box. Not only was the WT player whistled for the penalty and booked as well, but an inadvertent elbow from the OPFC player caught him in the face on the way down; he had to leave the game. Westside joy about the penalty being saved (and a beautiful save it was) was short-lived as OPFC scored on the ensuing corner.

That seemed to wake Westside up a bit as they held OPFC to only one more goal, and did have a few chances of their own in the second half, but still--ugly it was. And yes, tryouts may officially be tomorrow, but for some, I suspect, they have already started. There were reportedly a couple Slytherins, freshly expelled from Hogwarts, at practice last week--as well as one familiar face--so this could get interesting. (And no, that's not an excuse either).

That's all I can say about this past weekend in a public forum. Congrats to OPFC on a job well done.

How 'bout them Blazers?

Comment

Your somewhat abridged recap, since none isn't really necessary.

Not sure what has been going on the past two weekends. Four games in two weekends shouldn't be a problem. It does look like a few players did check out on the season a bit early, which is a shame for the rest. A few others seem to be struggling with form all of a sudden, but at least were busting their butts. And no, I ain't naming names.

First goal came fairly quickly, on a run down the right side. Teams played more or less evenly for a bit, then OPFC started winning a bit more possession. About halfway through, the second goal came.

To add injury to insult, OPFC got the ball to a forward who was brought down by a Westside defender in the box. Not only was the WT player whistled for the penalty and booked as well, but an inadvertent elbow from the OPFC player caught him in the face on the way down; he had to leave the game. Westside joy about the penalty being saved (and a beautiful save it was) was short-lived as OPFC scored on the ensuing corner.

That seemed to wake Westside up a bit as they held OPFC to only one more goal, and did have a few chances of their own in the second half, but still--ugly it was. And yes, tryouts may officially be tomorrow, but for some, I suspect, they have already started. There were reportedly a couple Slytherins, freshly expelled from Hogwarts, at practice last week--as well as one familiar face--so this could get interesting. (And no, that's not an excuse either).

That's all I can say about this past weekend in a public forum. Congrats to OPFC on a job well done.

How 'bout them Blazers?
                    Right? How bout them Blazers!

It is only a game....you win some, you lose some. I hope the defender who was hurt, is okay? Looked like he had a pretty nasty cut on his mouth. Good luck to all the boys in tryouts. I hope they end up being where they want to be. Without Slytherins that is....

Comment

Sounds like Slytherin House may be moving to United PDX next year.

Should be interesting.

Comment

Should be interesting.
                        Hilarious

Comment

Should be interesting.
                          Good fit for BM

Comment

Hilarious
                            Coach as well or does he get to stay at TA

Comment

Should be interesting.
                              Second year in a row that TA castoffs have gone to updx and not back to their “original” teams

Comment

Second year in a row that TA castoffs have gone to updx and not back to their “original” teams
                                Assuming he didn't leave, at least jgp will have a better supporting cast. Might suck for other UPDX players who will wake up on the white team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X