X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    D-2 and D-3 .. I think that was the point. No top tier D-1
    Good or bad, TBU is the only club around that is willing to list all of their commits publicly on their website.

This in turn allows a bunch of idiots to knock down the list as not being good enough. That's fine, then show us your entire list: WFF, Celtic FC, and all the others anonymous bashers. Personally I will never judge but am truly curious.

Comment

Good or bad, TBU is the only club around that is willing to list all of their commits publicly on their website.

This in turn allows a bunch of idiots to knock down the list as not being good enough. That's fine, then show us your entire list: WFF, Celtic FC, and all the others anonymous bashers. Personally I will never judge but am truly curious.
      Then surf the net instead of looking for someone to spoon feed you over priveledged ass, the other clubs have them posted also....

Comment

Then surf the net instead of looking for someone to spoon feed you over priveledged ass, the other clubs have them posted also....
        Yes I am privileged; I agree with that and thanks for recognizing it. However, no they are not listed anywhere. That's the point. Some might announce a random one on Instagram but that might be because it's such a rare occurrence. None actually list their commits in a single place.

Comment

Yes I am privileged; I agree with that and thanks for recognizing it. However, no they are not listed anywhere. That's the point. Some might announce a random one on Instagram but that might be because it's such a rare occurrence. None actually list their commits in a single place.
          Lol...I actually did find some college signings. It’s on the CDL website and the funny part is FC Sarasota has more signings then Celtic. What a f*cking joke, for them to come here bashing TBU signings.

Comment

Two Celtic signings dutchbag, really? What a tool.

Comment

http://www.sunrisesoccer.net/current...sc-commitments
              http://www.armadafcyouth.com/signing-day

And even WFF you bothered to call out -
              https://www.collegefitfinder.com/fitbox.frame/60
              Even noticed one of your this year graduates was from there before TBU... just saying 🖕🖕

Comment

http://www.sunrisesoccer.net/current...sc-commitments
                http://www.armadafcyouth.com/signing-day

Even noticed one of your this year graduates was from there before TBU... just saying 🖕🖕
                OMG...most of them left WFF! Are you kidding me? Desperate!

Comment

OMG...most of them left WFF! Are you kidding me? Desperate!
                  I posted our TBU boys and I'm waiting for SOMEONE to do the same. I don't see a boys list from any club? pick us apart any way you want but put up your list or STFU !

Comment

[url]

Thank you for digging out this WFF list and sharing it. Congratulations to all the girls who have committed! That is a huge accomplishment indeed.

However, if I were the parent of a younger WFF player, my alarm bells would be going off!!

Just going by the numbers (and keeping in mind that DA is supposed to be the superior league with even more exposure) here is what I see (these two clubs are in the same general vicinity in the state:

# of Commits:
                    2020: WFF 1 vs. TBU 11
                    2019: WFF 9 vs. TBU 22
                    2018: WFF 14 vs. TBU 23

I don't know any WFF parents or kids, but I'm sure they are very nice people. However, you need to DEMAND more from your club! Your coaches need to be making calls to the colleges and advocating for your kids. The club needs to develop relationships with college coaches so that they can be trusted the next time they recommend a player.

You and your player are doing everything right: practice 4 times a week, traveling, paying fees, playing showcases etc. But your club needs to do more for you. Your numbers are way below national averages for a DA club (and btw, TBU is nothing special either, just average).

It's no wonder WFF does not list their commit list on their website. It helps with their smoke and mirrors act. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you for digging out this WFF list and sharing it. Congratulations to all the girls who have committed! That is a huge accomplishment indeed.

However, if I were the parent of a younger WFF player, my alarm bells would be going off!!

Just going by the numbers (and keeping in mind that DA is supposed to be the superior league with even more exposure) here is what I see (these two clubs are in the same general vicinity in the state:

# of Commits:

I don't know any WFF parents or kids, but I'm sure they are very nice people. However, you need to DEMAND more from your club! Your coaches need to be making calls to the colleges and advocating for your kids. The club needs to develop relationships with college coaches so that they can be trusted the next time they recommend a player.

You and your player are doing everything right: practice 4 times a week, traveling, paying fees, playing showcases etc. But your club needs to do more for you. Your numbers are way below national averages for a DA club (and btw, TBU is nothing special either, just average).

It's no wonder WFF does not list their commit list on their website. It helps with their smoke and mirrors act. Good luck!
                      Maybe WFF DOC doesn’t overhype to college coaches and the kids getting committed actually see the field. Bottom line- getting players committed to the right program is more important than just getting them any offer. My kid - who is very good but not NT level like some others- has turned down offers waiting for the right fit for her. A junior now she could ha e committed as a freshman. Maybe she missed some good opportunities in your eyes but she is now getting the right interest from schools that fit her.

Comment

Maybe WFF DOC doesn’t overhype to college coaches and the kids getting committed actually see the field. Bottom line- getting players committed to the right program is more important than just getting them any offer. My kid - who is very good but not NT level like some others- has turned down offers waiting for the right fit for her. A junior now she could ha e committed as a freshman. Maybe she missed some good opportunities in your eyes but she is now getting the right interest from schools that fit her.

Ok, you could be right and everyone has their own experience of course. What I can tell you is that many of the better programs are done by the middle of the kids junior year. They might have a spot or two left (and I'm not talking about money), but it gets much harder. Either way, good luck with your daughter! I hope she finds the right fit and does really well!

Comment

# of Commits:

WFF is a much smaller club than TBU, so percentage wise it seems WFF is doing much better than TBU... There goes that TBU false narrative again!

Comment

WFF is a much smaller club than TBU, so percentage wise it seems WFF is doing much better than TBU... There goes that TBU false narrative again!
                            You're missing the point; very very few of the commits are from non-ECNL or non-DA teams. No one is expecting to see a bunch of non-ECNL players commit.

ECNL and DA have the same number of players on each team. Those are the ones being counted.

PS. TBU is nothing special, but very average. Don't compare yourself to TBU! You should compare yourself to other DA programs and you will see the point.

Comment

Still waiting for all you keyboard tough guys to post your boys commits ???

Comment

Ok, you could be right and everyone has their own experience of course. What I can tell you is that many of the better programs are done by the middle of the kids junior year. They might have a spot or two left (and I'm not talking about money), but it gets much harder. Either way, good luck with your daughter! I hope she finds the right fit and does really well!
                                I agree with your post. I think you are spot on.

But perhaps you should have said "many of the MAJOR D1 programs are done by the middle of a kids junior year" not "BETTER". D1 mid majors and D2 schools may not play the same level of soccer as the major D1/Power 5 schools. However a lot of them are very strong academically and are even better academic schools than some of the major D1 schools. For example.... Miss State is the worst school academically in the SEC and are a major D1 school. Davidson is a mid major D1 but a degree from Davidson is definitely more prestigious than one from Miss State.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X