Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is that what happened to Clackamas when they lost to Tualatin the last two years and Forest Grove the year before that?

Why are you even counting 5 games when you can't get past 1?

I see your answer, what was the question again? This chain makes no sense.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
2017, 2016, 2015

Lots of playoff experience losing in the 1st round.
Once again this is 2018. try and stay up to date and relevant.

I bet you are that person that still talks about the good old days when you were the star athlete and took state and beat the cross town rival and...
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Once again this is 2018. try and stay up to date and relevant.

I bet you are that person that still talks about the good old days when you were the star athlete and took state and beat the cross town rival and...
If you read the thread you would understand the context:

"So, you have a LOT of experience and playoff soccer with Clackamas' roster..."

We are not talking about the good old days here. This is not 20 years ago or even 5 years ago. We are talking about the last 3 years which are this year's senior class. The best predictor of the future is history. The fact that these seniors at Clackamas has a history of choking during playoff is relevant to our discussion about the playoffs.

I would love to be team #30, #19, or #14.

If Glencoe played Clackamas in the playoffs, Glencoe would win by 2.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I see it as only 3 teams have any chance of winning this year.
Jesuit
West Linn
Clackamas
These teams have the best mix of depth, experience, talent, size and speed.
Obviously probably Jesuit has the best chance, but I wouldn't count out the other 2.
Thatís pretty much it. The rest of the cupboard is bare.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
If you read the thread you would understand the context:

"So, you have a LOT of experience and playoff soccer with Clackamas' roster..."

We are not talking about the good old days here. This is not 20 years ago or even 5 years ago. We are talking about the last 3 years which are this year's senior class. The best predictor of the future is history. The fact that these seniors at Clackamas has a history of choking during playoff is relevant to our discussion about the playoffs.

I would love to be team #30, #19, or #14.

If Glencoe played Clackamas in the playoffs, Glencoe would win by 2.
Appears to me somebody is worried about Clackamas. Haven't seen this much Clackamas talk for a long time. I agree with the person that said stay current. History in sports is not an indicator. Just watch the NFL, NBA, MLS, MLB. Sports is the one time history doesn't matter. Instead sports is parody. Keep your history to economics and social studies. There is not place for it in athletics.

Are there not any other teams out there other than Clackamas that we can talk about? They are only one of 3 top teams that could win it all.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Appears to me somebody is worried about Clackamas. Haven't seen this much Clackamas talk for a long time. I agree with the person that said stay current. History in sports is not an indicator. Just watch the NFL, NBA, MLS, MLB. Sports is the one time history doesn't matter. Instead sports is parody. Keep your history to economics and social studies. There is not place for it in athletics.

Are there not any other teams out there other than Clackamas that we can talk about? They are only one of 3 top teams that could win it all.
Have you seen Jesuit play. I would say they have a shot.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

Of course you agree with that person because that is you... Hahah

History in sports is an indicator if the key players are the same which is why I am saying Glencoe and Moutainside are a better pick than Clackamas.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Of course you agree with that person because that is you... Hahah

History in sports is an indicator if the key players are the same which is why I am saying Glencoe and Moutainside are a better pick than Clackamas.
Glencoe and mountainside will be tossed in the second round. Just the facts.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

No one is worried about Clackamas. Lost to Jesuit 5-0, lost to West Linn 4-0. No chance in hell if winning State.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Glencoe and mountainside will be tossed in the second round. Just the facts.
That would be one round further than Clackamas.