X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Soccer a game or sport? - Friendly Arguments Only

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ....or you just like sports like swimming, boxing and sprinting better than soccer. I like steak, pizza and a good burger but I dont try to make an argument that collard greens, tofu and brussel sprouts are not a food just because I dont like them. They're just not for me.
    If you are assuming that i don't like soccer...you could not be more wrong...I played in HS, I have been to two international friendlys, been to many NYC Cosmos Games, NYCFC Games, I have seen two pro games in Barcelona Spain, toured the Barcelona stadium and more than anything I enjoy watching my sons compete on the weekends playing "the most beautiful game". (I will also always cheer for the opposing goal keeper when he makes a good save, its the only real position that takes balls to play when the rest of the team ****s the bed.)

However, Keeping our personal issues aside, including our "likes and dislikes" I don't see based on the criteria provided in the original post...Soccer does not count as a "real sport".

In a real sport we crown champions, real champions that defeat other champions in competition, real champions like Michael Phelps, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Floyd Mayweather jr.

Can anyone tell me who the best (undisputed) soccer or baseball player is without discretion?

Comment

If you are assuming that i don't like soccer...you could not be more wrong...I played in HS, I have been to two international friendlys, been to many NYC Cosmos Games, NYCFC Games, I have seen two pro games in Barcelona Spain, toured the Barcelona stadium and more than anything I enjoy watching my sons compete on the weekends playing "the most beautiful game". (I will also always cheer for the opposing goal keeper when he makes a good save, its the only real position that takes balls to play when the rest of the team ****s the bed.)

However, Keeping our personal issues aside, including our "likes and dislikes" I don't see based on the criteria provided in the original post...Soccer does not count as a "real sport".

In a real sport we crown champions, real champions that defeat other champions in competition, real champions like Michael Phelps, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Floyd Mayweather jr.

Can anyone tell me who the best (undisputed) soccer or baseball player is without discretion?
      Please stop; dumb thread.

Comment

Please stop; dumb thread.

As a sociological perspective on a persons personality whoever is offended by all of this (boo hoo) will not bother to continue with this thread...it will be to hard and the person will not have the mental strength (mindset) to continue a hard fight....However, if we were to turn the tables on a wrestling or boxing fan...they will be relentless and fight you to the death on this topic.

Comment

As a sociological perspective on a persons personality whoever is offended by all of this (boo hoo) will not bother to continue with this thread...it will be to hard and the person will not have the mental strength (mindset) to continue a hard fight....However, if we were to turn the tables on a wrestling or boxing fan...they will be relentless and fight you to the death on this topic.

What do you think "discretion" means by the way?

An hour and a half, and that's what you come up with, some sophomoric rant about mindset.

You created this thread to shoot down whatever anyone says based on some silly parameters in your own head about what a "sport" is. Now that most of us are calling you out, your response is some school yard taunt about mental toughness. Try this for mentally tough; actually read what was written and acknowledge that you could be wrong.

Comment

You keep posting to keep this thread alive! You just keep replying to yourself so people open the thread wondering who the "people" are keeping this going. The thread actually lost its original concept. Dumb thread.

Comment

You keep posting to keep this thread alive! You just keep replying to yourself so people open the thread wondering who the "people" are keeping this going. The thread actually lost its original concept. Dumb thread.

My head and heart is clear...I am able to set aside my feelings for soccer and call it as it is a game...Why cant you? I like Donald Trump and think I think hes doing a great job and he should keep it up....But I'm not going to invite him over for dinner. I also like Bill Clinton, but I would not trust him with my wife either.

Why are you so offended that you cant comprehend that soccer is not a sport?...so your best responses is "dumb"??!! Your mind is obviously made up because you love the game so much.

Comment

My head and heart is clear...I am able to set aside my feelings for soccer and call it as it is a game...Why cant you? I like Donald Trump and think I think hes doing a great job and he should keep it up....But I'm not going to invite him over for dinner. I also like Bill Clinton, but I would not trust him with my wife either.

Why are you so offended that you cant comprehend that soccer is not a sport?...so your best responses is "dumb"??!! Your mind is obviously made up because you love the game so much.
                From the guy who doesn’t even know what disceriob means. Dumb thread.

Comment

Your wife must be very young.

Probably for the same reason you can't comprehend that nobody agrees with your 3 criteria in defining what a sport is.

Comment

Your wife must be very young.

Probably for the same reason you can't comprehend that nobody agrees with your 3 criteria in defining what a sport is.

Perhaps most people have never participated in a real sport like wrestling to know any better.

For example....Wrestling is so physically and mentally demanding, requires discipline in maintaining a proper diet and weight (all while being thrown on your head and getting the crap beaten out of you 5x week in practice with a match on the weekend)....Why do something hard when you can do something fun (like soccer and basketball) with your friends kicking/throwing a ball around? :)

Comment

Perhaps most people have never participated in a real sport like wrestling to know any better.

For example....Wrestling is so physically and mentally demanding, requires discipline in maintaining a proper diet and weight (all while being thrown on your head and getting the crap beaten out of you 5x week in practice with a match on the weekend)....Why do something hard when you can do something fun (like soccer and basketball) with your friends kicking/throwing a ball around? :)
                      Dumb thread.

Comment

So now diet and weight are criteria for being a sport? And being fun disqualifies something from being a sport?

Comment

So now diet and weight are criteria for being a sport? And being fun disqualifies something from being a sport?
                          Wha wha wha....crying and complaining....don't cry here....I lose respect for you as a man with every crybaby stroke of your keyboard. My 8 year old would kick the crap out of you in front of your whole family and eat a sandwhich when he is done...he does not cry.

Comment

Soccer is not a sport...nuf said!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRPrrLdPhoE

Comment

hey all noobs! the definition of sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

Soccer is a Sport. case closed. no further discussions are accepted.

Comment

Wha wha wha....crying and complaining....don't cry here....I lose respect for you as a man with every crybaby stroke of your keyboard. My 8 year old would kick the crap out of you in front of your whole family and eat a sandwhich when he is done...he does not cry.
                                Asking questions is crying and complaining?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X