Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ecnl is third tier at this point. The majority of teams are second and third teams. The events a joke. Flying to New Jersey to get cancelled or play bad teams is a joke. College recruitment isn’t any better than USYS national league or da

USYS is dilluted but with 1k teams it’s easy to be. Top 25 teams in USYS are better than anything in Oregon and all have more college commits than teams from Oregon.

Da is decent but colleges know that the teams are inconsistent and the thorns are only getting college commits that have come from somewhere else and have NOT shown they can out commit or out develop fc Portland Ecnl cu Ecnl or top USYS teams.
    College coaches go to ECNL showcase events. Whether ECNL is 3rd tier or 5th tier or coaches go to your specific game is up for debate. ECNL does a great job catering to college coaches and are attended by college coaches.

College coaches also attend DA showcase events. There are only 2 events.

The 2 above are national events and are well attended. This is the best way for coaches to get the most bang for their buck.

Most other events are a few tiers below the national DA AND ECNL showcases.

People on here who are USYS people really don't get the number of college coaches that attend these showcase. I am not debating the quality of players because everyone gets so emotional on this topic, but I don't see how you can debate attendance by coaches.

Comment

I can tell you right now that it doesn’t matter what league you play in.

College KNOW there are crap kids in Ecnl crap kids in da crap kids in USYS.

USYS kids are committing while Ecnl kids won’t make it to a community college

Da kids are going to d3 schools while a Ecnl doesn’t have anything better.

Ecnl kids will commit early while da kid will get a better offer because they waited.

If you seriously think your commitment chances go up regarding the league you play in your are utterly lost.
      That can happen, but your opportunities of playing in college are much greater if you play in a DA or ECNL showcase event.

Your commitment chances are much higher if you play in DA or ECNL. If you don't think it is true, you should email any of the assistant coaches at the top 100 college programs.

Most college coaches loved ECNL before DA. DA split off some of the talent so now they have to attend DA events as well. The formation of DA did not make USYS any more desirable in fact it made it worse because now there are 2 more events that college coaches have to attend.

Comment

That can happen, but your opportunities of playing in college are much greater if you play in a DA or ECNL showcase event.

Your commitment chances are much higher if you play in DA or ECNL. If you don't think it is true, you should email any of the assistant coaches at the top 100 college programs.

Most college coaches loved ECNL before DA. DA split off some of the talent so now they have to attend DA events as well. The formation of DA did not make USYS any more desirable in fact it made it worse because now there are 2 more events that college coaches have to attend.
        I guarantee that is a straight up lie.

Your college chances mean jack. Or if you think going to PLU is only for thorns kids....

Or is that why Ecnl kids are desperately trying to reach out to NAIA schools.

Fact of the matter, if you are good you are going to college.

It’s up to you how much you want to spend.

I know college coaches coaches who ignore many Ecnl teams because its so dilluted.

Comment

Sorry but this is a crock of crap.

I coach college and I can tell you that your commitment chances mean little based on your league. It has everything to do with your development.

Currently, none of the three are doing a better job.

Go tell your club coach you’ve been lied too.

Comment

Having more talent, athletic ability, soccer IQ, great grades and test scores will give you more opportunities than any league choice.

College coaches recruit players not leagues, with that said they tend to concentrate on the DA events since it’s the top tier, but they will elsewhere absolutely. In the end the want the best student athletes.

Comment

I coach college and I can tell you that your commitment chances mean little based on your league. It has everything to do with your development.

This is true.

If you look at the commitments from Oregon in the past 10 years you’d realize that they are coming from all the clubs. Not just 1-2.

What’s even more telling is that you’ve got kids from Ecnl that can’t even get picked up to a naia school while random kid from westside is going D1.

Go where your kid is getting better. Don’t follow leagues or you’ll learn the hard way.

Comment

Sure you do.

I have spoken to many college coaches and they want there players to play in a top league like ECNL and now also DA.

What you are saying is total BS.

I doubt you are a college coach because if you did you certainly would not waste your time debating on this forum. What college do you coach at? That is like me going on here and saying that I am Mia Hamm and what you are saying is BS.

It is all about development, but college coaches want to see how you match up against top level competition. Also how do you think college coaches are going to find you. Do you think they are going to fly up to watch your one or two league games.

If someone here wants the real opinion of a college coach they should seek them out and ask. Women college coaches are pretty accessible. You don't need to ask your club coach if you think they are lying. Get it straight from the source.

The clown how posted he is a college coach is definitely a clown.

Comment

This is true.

If you look at the commitments from Oregon in the past 10 years you’d realize that they are coming from all the clubs. Not just 1-2.

What’s even more telling is that you’ve got kids from Ecnl that can’t even get picked up to a naia school while random kid from westside is going D1.

Go where your kid is getting better. Don’t follow leagues or you’ll learn the hard way.
                  Look at the history, the majority of the girls are coming from the same club.

FC Portland and CU (formerly OSSA and THUSC)

Just look at the history. Of course you will always have outliers like a keeper from Westside, but the majority of players are from FC Portland and clubs associated with CU

Comment

GPS registers with Hillsboro. They also sell them uniforms and coaching programs.

GPS pulled out of Newberg for business strategy reasons.
                    Nice try. Newberg got sick of the scam and mistreatment if players. MJ used Newberg to pay the bills and gave us nothing. Same reason he isn’t at the high school anymore they got sick of him using the fields for non Newberg players.

Comment

GPS registers with Hillsboro. They also sell them uniforms and coaching programs.

GPS pulled out of Newberg for business strategy reasons.
                      “It is with regret that we will now not formally have a presence in Newberg. The club has gone through some changes of late and we feel from the feedback we have received that it would be best to allow the community of Newberg to grow independently.”

That’s a direct quote from the email Joe sent out after they pulled out of Newberg. So if by “business strategy” you mean “realized they were no longer wanted” then sure. Business strategy.

Comment

Nice try. Newberg got sick of the scam and mistreatment if players. MJ used Newberg to pay the bills and gave us nothing. Same reason he isn’t at the high school anymore they got sick of him using the fields for non Newberg players.
                        Mistreatment of players?

Comment

There won’t be a final email in May when they close their doors.

Comment

“It is with regret that we will now not formally have a presence in Newberg. The club has gone through some changes of late and we feel from the feedback we have received that it would be best to allow the community of Newberg to grow independently.”

That’s a direct quote from the email Joe sent out after they pulled out of Newberg. So if by “business strategy” you mean “realized they were no longer wanted” then sure. Business strategy.
                            I peruse this board now and then to kill time and get a chuckle. I actually enjoy reading crazy posts and it is because of nuggets like "Business Strategy" above. So funny and my soccer peeps never fail to make me laugh. Have a great weekend ahead everybody. Hope the fall league is going well!!!!

Comment

A certain family will ensure the doors are kept open so the boys will have a place to play.

Comment

Newberg is closing it’s doors?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X