Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just asked a question. I dont care whether they give her time or not. Trying to play passing possession soccer is a very brave plan for a coach trying to get quick results. You need to have the backing of the AD to implement that because there will be huge bumps in the road AND the odds of it working are slim . Here is why

- the US system does not produce that type of player consistently
    - when they do. they go to schools that have a tradition of playing that way and tenured coaches
    - weather up there

You are much better off trying to recruit athletic, tough kids and playing a very simplified style that minimizes risk and focuses on set pieces. When I look at that roster, its not going to do either particularly well.
    I don’t see the AD being particularly patient although he would certainly need to tread lightly with an alum. Rooting for her to do well and be given time. I think if they show improvement next year, they’ll renew her contract.

Comment

I just asked a question. I dont care whether they give her time or not. Trying to play passing possession soccer is a very brave plan for a coach trying to get quick results. You need to have the backing of the AD to implement that because there will be huge bumps in the road AND the odds of it working are slim . Here is why

- when they do. they go to schools that have a tradition of playing that way and tenured coaches
      - weather up there

You are much better off trying to recruit athletic, tough kids and playing a very simplified style that minimizes risk and focuses on set pieces. When I look at that roster, its not going to do either particularly well.
      Here’s the universal response of a college AD when a coach attempts to “get their backing on playing style” as you say...

Coach: I’m thinking about playing a defensive, possession oriented, build out of the back style vs a direct style this season. What are your thoughts on that? Can I count on your backing?

AD: https://youtu.be/Re72di5phM0

Comment

- weather up there

hey football fatso, put a cork in it. Dimwitted

Comment

hey football fatso, put a cork in it. Dimwitted
          someone actually makes intelligent soccer based comments and thats your response ...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

someone actually makes intelligent soccer based comments and thats your response ...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
            The intelligent part being...?

Comment

UConn was in nail biter today. 4-0. Record is not 2-10. Maybe that all female staff needs a shake up.

Comment

UConn was in nail biter today. 4-0. Record is not 2-10. Maybe that all female staff needs a shake up.
                But she’ll be fine, nothing to worry about, when she gets her played in, she’s gotta find her groove, excellence takes time, Rome wasn’t built in a day, go Huskies, she’s still getting to know her team, she recruited players for Lenny’s system not hers, blah blah blah blah.

Not qualified !!!!

Comment

Over her head

Comment

UConn loses again! Crash and burn.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X