Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FC Portland 2001 ECNL was a good team. They had solid wins over WashT Greens, the B team. A quality 4-3 win over WashT and a tie with Eugene. Pretty sure they got stomped 5-0 by Salem in league and also many time in State Cup. The only time I ever rooted for Salem.

The fourth place finish in OYSA premier was a special year.

In state cup group play FC ECNL beat a silver level team and the FC parents ridiculed the opposing kids as they were walking out. A mom danced. Real classy.
    Don't you just miss the days of OPL

Comment

FC Portland 2001 ECNL was a good team. They had solid wins over WashT Greens, the B team. A quality 4-3 win over WashT and a tie with Eugene. Pretty sure they got stomped 5-0 by Salem in league and also many time in State Cup. The only time I ever rooted for Salem.

The fourth place finish in OYSA premier was a special year.

In state cup group play FC ECNL beat a silver level team and the FC parents ridiculed the opposing kids as they were walking out. A mom danced. Real classy.
      Fourth place was a great finish for the girls. Apex of the soccer world.

Comment

Wash Timbers and Eugene both beat FCP at least once each.
        Salem superstar committed to Oregon.
        Gresham girl near committed to D1 SEC school.

You are a terrible person and stupid to boot.
        Good to see they'll continue playing rec college ball. Didn't realize you had to "commit" to intramural soccer.

Comment

'01 Girls

Good to see they'll continue playing rec college ball. Didn't realize you had to "commit" to intramural soccer.
          So where is your Daughter Playing at ?? Oh let me guess she already in the Pros....

Comment

I’m looking forward to checking back to this thread in 4-5 years and expect to see you all still going at it.

Two million views here we come!

Comment

So where is your Daughter Playing at ?? Oh let me guess she already in the Pros....
              Playing pro soccer is more like a punishment than an accomplishment.

Don’t most pro women have to work a couple side jobs to make rent?

Comment

'01 Girls

My little Suzy works 2 jobs during the season !!

Comment

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland-...league_18.html

Oddly this female variation of soccer is trending otherwise. Weird.

Comment

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland-...league_18.html

Oddly this female variation of soccer is trending otherwise. Weird.
                    2 franchises folded (Boston and FC Kansas City), which helped the average this year. Declining attendance in Portland, Seattle, Houston, and Orlando (NC, Chicago and Washington did have a positive trend); Sky Blue looks to be barely holding on.

I hope a version of NWSL sticks around, but it sure doesn't look like they have a sustainable model yet. A 9 team league spread across the country almost never works in the US.

Comment

2 franchises folded (Boston and FC Kansas City), which helped the average this year. Declining attendance in Portland, Seattle, Houston, and Orlando (NC, Chicago and Washington did have a positive trend); Sky Blue looks to be barely holding on.

I hope a version of NWSL sticks around, but it sure doesn't look like they have a sustainable model yet. A 9 team league spread across the country almost never works in the US.
                      The Thorns is the anchor in the league. Without the Thorns, the average attendance is only 4,649. The problem is that the other 8 teams simply don’t get enough fans. The league is barely hanging on due to US Soccer subsidizing. Women’s soccer needs more fans to have a truly viable league.

Comment

I sure hope a pro women's league sticks around. It is fun to go out to the park and have a beer and some food with the kids when it is sunny.

The main problem that I see is that the games are really not very exciting to watch on TV. That is where the real money is and the product is not very good. The finals did have some good announcing and reporting but still was pretty dull. I found myself flipping over to watch reruns on the cooking channel mid-game.

Good thing the USWNT makes a lot of money and can subsidize it. Hopefully the GDA doesn't kill off the quality of womens soccer in the US like they did on the men's side.

Comment

I sure hope a pro women's league sticks around. It is fun to go out to the park and have a beer and some food with the kids when it is sunny.

The main problem that I see is that the games are really not very exciting to watch on TV. That is where the real money is and the product is not very good. The finals did have some good announcing and reporting but still was pretty dull. I found myself flipping over to watch reruns on the cooking channel mid-game.

Good thing the USWNT makes a lot of money and can subsidize it. Hopefully the GDA doesn't kill off the quality of womens soccer in the US like they did on the men's side.
                          ECNL already killed off the next generation of WNT players.

Comment

ECNL already killed off the next generation of WNT players.
                            Thank goodness the DA got started for Girls..whew..

Comment

The GDA is not doing good for our youth.

The boys DA resulted in the men failing to reach the world cup. Not good!

Comment

The GDA is not doing good for our youth.

The boys DA resulted in the men failing to reach the world cup. Not good!
                                The USMNT got to stay home and watch the World Cup on TV. Beer, nachos and cotton candy a lot more fun than flying all over the world and losing games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X