Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Cup

Coming up this weekend, with a diverse group.

Indiana vs Creighton

Maryland vs Georgetown

I'm going with Maryland to win it all.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Coming up this weekend, with a diverse group.

Indiana vs Creighton

Maryland vs Georgetown

I'm going with Maryland to win it all.
    No MA boys on any roster, and I don't think even any from New England.

Comment

Does this surprise anyone? How many New England teams have come out of the Region 1 regionals over the years?

In spite of this great infrastructure and all the boys playing soccer, we simply do not produce many great players

Comment

Does this surprise anyone? How many New England teams have come out of the Region 1 regionals over the years?

In spite of this great infrastructure and all the boys playing soccer, we simply do not produce many great players
        Ok here's a few to think about.. Scott Caldwell, Aaron maund Shannon Williams ,Michael Bustamante, and a bunch more you never heard of

Comment

Ok here's a few to think about.. Scott Caldwell, Aaron maund Shannon Williams ,Michael Bustamante, and a bunch more you never heard of
          Furthermore, Caldwell is a hermann finalist so I'm not sure what else you could ask for.

Comment

Was at the UConn v. Creighton quarterfinal match Sunday. The UConn starting side consisted of 2 players from Senegal, 2 from Jamaica, 1 each from France, Spain, Canada and Germany. The other three were from the US with one from West Hartford, CT. Think the other two Americans were from California, but I could be wrong.

As for the game, UConn carried play for the first 15 minutes of the 1st half. Generally, Creighton sat back, defended and then counter-attacked. Creighton dominated the rest of the first half, but failed to finish. Most of the 2nd half was UConn's, but with a minute and 30 seconds to play, Creighton scored. Good match. UConn had plenty of quality chances, but if you don't finish, you don't win. Great weather for a match in December.

- Odie

Comment

Furthermore, Caldwell is a hermann finalist so I'm not sure what else you could ask for.
              A handful of players?

Keep drinking the Kool Aid

Comment

A handful of players?

Word of the day !

Comment

Caldwell would have been a good soccer player no matter where he grew up. Father was a pro. Genetics does help

I thought Aaron Maund grew up in Barbados or somewhere down there before moving to the US

Not sure if you want to include Shannon Williams and success in the same sentence

Bustamante had a nice career at BU - very good New England soccer program but hardly a national power.

Maybe the bunch I never heard of have had more success

Comment

A handful of players?

Good point. I guess Massachusetts, a northeastern state with a population disadvantage, should produce as many top tier players as California, Texas, Florida etc... What exactly are we looking for out of our state? Expectations need to meet reality.

Comment

Caldwell would have been a good soccer player no matter where he grew up. Father was a pro. Genetics does help

I thought Aaron Maund grew up in Barbados or somewhere down there before moving to the US

Not sure if you want to include Shannon Williams and success in the same sentence

Bustamante had a nice career at BU - very good New England soccer program but hardly a national power.

Maybe the bunch I never heard of have had more success
                      If we're going to discount Caldwell because he had good genetics then why wouldn't that apply to every soccer player ever and make this whole thing meaningless because then youth systems aren't responsible for the development of anything.

Comment

If we're going to discount Caldwell because he had good genetics then why wouldn't that apply to every soccer player ever and make this whole thing meaningless because then youth systems aren't responsible for the development of anything.
                        You are starting to catch on.....

Comment

You are starting to catch on.....
                          This made me laugh. The Nature v Nurture argument. You can't polish a turd etc

Comment

We interrupt this hate-fest to announce the semi final games happening today at 5 and 7:30PM on ESPN U at that mecca of US soccer, Hoover(?), Alabama (hopefully it will at least be somewhat warm).

Comment

We interrupt this hate-fest to announce the semi final games happening today at 5 and 7:30PM on ESPN U at that mecca of US soccer, Hoover(?), Alabama (hopefully it will at least be somewhat warm).
                              I hear that Saban and his Crimson Tide have called "winners". Some debate over the type of football to be used. Rumor has it Alabama doesn't have footballs that roll very well, although the Tide does.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X