Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP Schedule/Maple Schedule

So many of the clubs have received their schedules for the Fall session of NEP, are their any regrets to what division you are in or maybe noticing that the competition is just not their? Or are you happy with the decision that has been made by staying in Maple or going to NEP.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So many of the clubs have received their schedules for the Fall session of NEP, are their any regrets to what division you are in or maybe noticing that the competition is just not their? Or are you happy with the decision that has been made by staying in Maple or going to NEP.
    The NEP top division right now in the U12, U13, and U14 age groups is stronger than what MAPLE would be able to offer. The second divisions are hit or miss, but largely about as good as what you would get in D2 or D3 of MAPLE.

The equation isn't simply one of MAPLE vs. NEP, because MAPLE isn't what it used to be. At U14, there is no Stars or Scorpions top team. If I were to take the top ten teams in Massachusetts right now, it would be:

1) Stars ECNL
    2) NEFC CH (NEP)
    3) Aztecs DS (NEP)
    4) Stars West (NEP)
    5) Scorpions ECNL
    6) MPS Renegades (NEP)
    7) NEFC PM (NEP)
    8) SS Select (MAPLE 1)
    9) Scorpions Premier (NEP)
    10) Maybe Stars Athletic (MAPLE 1), but that's a tough one.

So if you're a Massachusetts high level team, at least 6 of the top 10 are going to be in the NEP. Here are your choices of competition:

MAPLE: Stars Rovers, Darby, Pioneers, Shooting Stars, Blackhawks, Nor'Easter, Crusaders, World Cup
    Noting that Pioneers lost their top players to Stars West, Shooting Stars lost a top player to NEFC, World Cup lost their top player to Stars, and that Blackhawks, Nor'Easter, and Crusaders are really not good team

NEP: Seacoast NH, Seacoast Maine, MPS Crusaders, Bayside, MCU Portland
    Noting that Seacoast will probably be an upgrade and that these other teams are at least different lower level teams compared to the same old teams in MAPLE

I think the teams in NEP are in the best position.

Right now, if you're a top division team, NEP is leaps and bounds better than MAPLE. For the rest of the teams it may be a different argument.

Comment

I don't see NEP alignments or schedules posted yet. Are they on the site somewhere?

Comment

I don't see NEP alignments or schedules posted yet. Are they on the site somewhere?
        No they are not posted yet but coaches have already received their proposed schedules.

Comment

NEP Question

After looking at some of the standings in NEP from the Spring I noticed that some teams played five games and others played more. Can someone explain to me why the teams play a different amount of games. Was this due to forfeits or for other reasons. I have no agenda just plain old curiosity.

Comment

Schedules got changed so frequently that teams sometimes couldnt pull teams together.Rain , ODP tournaments, state cup taking priority. Ran too late into the season and just alot going on proms, graduation etc.mostly good ole NE playing its part and no time fornmake ups

Comment

The NEP top division right now in the U12, U13, and U14 age groups is stronger than what MAPLE would be able to offer. The second divisions are hit or miss, but largely about as good as what you would get in D2 or D3 of MAPLE.

The equation isn't simply one of MAPLE vs. NEP, because MAPLE isn't what it used to be. At U14, there is no Stars or Scorpions top team. If I were to take the top ten teams in Massachusetts right now, it would be:

1) Stars ECNL
              2) NEFC CH (NEP)
              3) Aztecs DS (NEP)
              4) Stars West (NEP)
              5) Scorpions ECNL
              6) MPS Renegades (NEP)
              7) NEFC PM (NEP)
              8) SS Select (MAPLE 1)

So if you're a Massachusetts high level team, at least 6 of the top 10 are going to be in the NEP. Here are your choices of competition:

MAPLE: Stars Rovers, Darby, Pioneers, Shooting Stars, Blackhawks, Nor'Easter, Crusaders, World Cup
              Noting that Pioneers lost their top players to Stars West, Shooting Stars lost a top player to NEFC, World Cup lost their top player to Stars, and that Blackhawks, Nor'Easter, and Crusaders are really not good team

Noting that Seacoast will probably be an upgrade and that these other teams are at least different lower level teams compared to the same old teams in MAPLE

Right now, if you're a top division team, NEP is leaps and bounds better than MAPLE. For the rest of the teams it may be a different argument.
              Your missing the point, NEP will not be played as a competitive league.. Games will not matter. Games will be just a friendly when everyone involved wants to play soccer. Once subbed a player playing U14 will not be allowed back in in the same half.

So really the only competitive league will be MAPLE.. They will get games ever Sunday, they will still have to win to stay in your division, with relegation as a threat.

NEP will simply play games, and train players. If your daughter is from bottom of the roster you will be very happy. If your the studs parents, well let just see what happens with that next fall. No need to speculate, as TS poster have been doing for the past 6 months. Truth will be shown to all with in a years time.

What will registrations for the two leagues look like in a year. Will the the big dawgs call it home or will they run to greener fields some where else.

Comment

There are no reentry rules like that for U-14

Comment

7) NEFC PM (NEP)
                  Just based on that argument, you lost any credibility with me. They were shutout last season! There are at least 10 other teams that could have at least scored a D1 goal.

Comment

There are no reentry rules like that for U-14
                    NEP RULES

U13 - U15 Substitution Rules

It is strongly recommended ALL players get equal playing time to ensure development.

The league Recommends that once a player is substituted they do not return to play that same half.

Comment

It is not a rule it is a suggestion which is not used from what I have seen. The suggestion is to eliminate that horrible urge to put your best players back in to try and win. Never happens.Players are in and out as much as the coach pleases.

Comment

It is not a rule it is a suggestion which is not used from what I have seen. The suggestion is to eliminate that horrible urge to put your best players back in to try and win. Never happens.Players are in and out as much as the coach pleases.
                        The suggestions are there for player developement. If the suggestions are put forth by the league and are never used, I guess the developement part is up to the coaches. It doesn't matter what league or Club your kid plays for as long as the coach is a good teacher of the game.

Comment

It is not a rule it is a suggestion which is not used from what I have seen. The suggestion is to eliminate that horrible urge to put your best players back in to try and win.
                          The intent of the suggestion is to eliminate the spectacle I frequently see in town games where every five minutes or so, a new platoon of players enters the game like it's the NFL. That sort of substitution pattern, in turn, encourages the kick-and-run game because the players are constantly fresh because they are constantly getting rest. On the other hand, if substitutions are limited, kids need to manage their energy, a skill that is critically necessary at top level games when substituted players cannot re-enter.

Comment

1) Stars ECNL
                            2) NEFC CH (NEP)
                            3) Aztecs DS (NEP)
                            4) Stars West (NEP)
                            5) Scorpions ECNL
                            6) MPS Renegades (NEP)
                            7) NEFC PM (NEP)
                            8) SS Select (MAPLE 1)

Whos worldcus best player?

Comment

Just based on that argument, you lost any credibility with me. They were shutout last season! There are at least 10 other teams that could have at least scored a D1 goal.
                              Were they using PM's players or bringing them in from other NEFC (real) teams like he did for the lower age groups? Girls were told to not refer to their "teammates" by name for fear of the league exposing their fearless "captain"?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X