Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club responsibility for posted resumes

What responsibility do clubs have to check facts on players' and coaches' resumes before posting them on their websites?

Examples - coaching course completion, status as member of regional pool, high school attaining certain levels in the playoffs, etc.

I would assume that they can pretty much get away with posting whatever they want about a coach's credentials and grades, as well as a player's test scores and the like because no one really can check. Is that true?

What about players' soccer experieince though? If a college coach discovers what is claimed is not true, wouldn't that make him/her question the club and coach for allowing these items to be posted on their website?

Re: Club responsibility for posted resumes

If I were a college coach (I'm not) I would certainly look at a players creditials, that would be the only 1 measure of the player. Seeing the person play, interviewing during the recruiting process all would be pieces of the process. For inaccurate playing credits, I would try and call the specific teams or state organization for verification, not that hard to do. Grades are going to be part of the SAt reporting and HS garade report, even easier to check..

Comment

I have never met a youth player who would lie about their resume. Of course it is rarely the player putting these things together. Parents lie about their children all the time. Ultimately these lies will hurt the child. If a coach finds out -- the misinformation discredits the recruit.

Comment

I would hope that club DOCs do at least a little background check on the coach's they hire although who knows. Seems like it would be fairly easy to ask the prospective coach to show his A license certificate or check with the powers that be.

Lying about grades and SAT scores would be crazy as the HS transcript and report from the College Board would make it obvious.

Comment

Some of the resumes are laughable and let's face it passing the licenses classes doesn't necessarily mean squat. There are plenty of jabroni's hwo have their A license who don't know squat.

Comment

The issue isn't about whether having a such and such license makes you a good coach but rather whether coaches lie about their training/education.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
              Some of the resumes are laughable and let's face it passing the licenses classes doesn't necessarily mean squat. There are plenty of jabroni's hwo have their A license who don't know squat.
              Im tellin

http://www.jabroni.com/

Comment

A club in part sells itself on the coaching qualifications of its coaches. It should ensure that what is listed is accurate. It is part of the product they sell.

For the players -anything that varies from a school transcript will eventually be found out but only second hand by the club that has posted the resume. You really have to trust your player/parent there.

Things like being a member of the region one pool/team or a national pool, can be checked easily and probably should be. (This too is what some clubs sell - where their players end up) High school accolades like being on the team that won a league or the north or south districts or was a state champion could also be checked although clubs aren't always fans of high school soccer so they may be unwilling to do so.

Comment

A few weeks after a young man had been employed; he was called into the Human Resources administrator's office. 'What is the meaning of this?' the personnel officer asked. 'When you applied for this job, you told us you had three years experience. Now I have discovered this is the first position You've ever held.'

'True', the young man answered with a smile, 'in your advertisement you said you wanted a person with imagination.'

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X