Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U14 Girls South Florida Pre-Tryout Unrest

Today's U14 Girls teams have tryouts for the U15 teams in the next 3-4 weeks or so. As a fairly uninformed parent (recent to SE Florida), I am trying to figure out the right travel team place for my daughter. However, the rumors of unrest in these teams are very confusing for a parent new to the area, and create a difficult decision. We do not know if things being said about team/players/coach movement are rumor or truth (or part thereof). We live near the county line between Broward and Palm Beach County, west of I-95, for reference.

Any assistance or thoughts would be appreciated.

Move to Region C in central florida. You are doomed down there. Parents are unruly.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Today's U14 Girls teams have tryouts for the U15 teams in the next 3-4 weeks or so. As a fairly uninformed parent (recent to SE Florida), I am trying to figure out the right travel team place for my daughter. However, the rumors of unrest in these teams are very confusing for a parent new to the area, and create a difficult decision. We do not know if things being said about team/players/coach movement are rumor or truth (or part thereof). We live near the county line between Broward and Palm Beach County, west of I-95, for reference.

Call a realtor, sell the house and move. South Florida clubs and teams are insane.

Comment

Two painfully biased posts.......

Call a realtor, sell the house and move. South Florida clubs and teams are insane.
        I would suggest doing your homework, find which are the clubs near your area and evaluate each on their own. Dont listen to this site, take anything said in posts with not a grain but a mountain of salt. Two many hidden agendas here.

Comment

team boca for girls

Comment

you have plenty of teams to choose from between Broward and Palm Beach.

It depends on how dedicated you and your child is to the sport and what you can afford as a parent. The better clubs will cost more in training fees and travel costs and some of those clubs are also further away from you.

The first thing to think about is how serious she is. If she is serious then the next step is to find a club that uses professional coaches that do not have parental ties to players they are coaching. Then ask them what is more important -- winning or development?

The right answer is development -- they need to be taught how to play the sport the way it's intended to be played not like some of these win at all costs and yell at the kids coaches you will find at many clubs.

Boca has some good programs if you are close to there or you can drive north or south and find lots more -- north is Palm Beach Kicks, PBSA Nomads... south is a whole lot of different clubs...

Do your own homework and like the previous poster said -- there are a lot of idiots on here who just like to stir things up, so take what they say very lightly...

Good Luck...

Comment

Make sure no parental ties to players. Great coaches can be an issue if their son or daughter is on the team. No matter how hard they try to be objective, it always skews the thought process.

Comment

The closest of the better programs to you, in my opinion, are West Pines, Team Boca, Renegades, Pinecrest, and PB Kicks (in no particular order). Each are known to develop the players.

Comment

Try Boynton, good ethical club and its about the kids

Comment

The closest of the better programs to you, in my opinion, are West Pines, Team Boca, Renegades, Pinecrest, and PB Kicks (in no particular order). Each are known to develop the players.
                    Generally agree with this list (and I would add a biased Plantation), if you are looking for the upper competitors close to you. West Pines, Team Boca, and Pinecrest are fairly deep, and may be tougher to make the squad as a new player. Renegades and PB Kicks are good 'on the rise' teams, and would likely have more room for a good new player coming in. Good luck in your new home and welcome to Florida!

Comment

Stay away from any clubs in east boca. Money is always missing from team accounts.

Comment

Boca United Tryouts

http://www.gbysa.org/ATP2010.htm

Comment

Twice the price ($1200+ and does not include tournament fees), for nothing extra, compared to other as-good or better organizations in the area. Little notification even the same week of a game, if you are rostered to play (EE will rotate girls from other BU squads or guest players at will)....very frustrating and terrible for family planning. There was no competitive U14G team this year. There is a reason why teams keep leaving or breaking apart from BU. The issue at BU is not the players or parents, it is very poor organizational decisions and continual miscommunications. Not a good choice.

The worst organizational decision had to be the 'club, not a team' philosophy. Translated... Your daughter can practice hard for weeks with her 'team', and then find our 2 days prior to the weekend tournament she will not attend (due to EE decision to add a guest player and bring in a couple star players from one of the other age BU teams).

Comment

Twice the price ($1200+ and does not include tournament fees), for nothing extra, compared to other as-good or better organizations in the area. Little notification even the same week of a game, if you are rostered to play (EE will rotate girls from other BU squads or guest players at will)....very frustrating and terrible for family planning. There was no competitive U14G team this year. There is a reason why teams keep leaving or breaking apart from BU. The issue at BU is not the players or parents, it is very poor organizational decisions and continual miscommunications. Not a good choice.

The worst organizational decision had to be the 'club, not a team' philosophy. Translated... Your daughter can practice hard for weeks with her 'team', and then find our 2 days prior to the weekend tournament she will not attend (due to EE decision to add a guest player and bring in a couple star players from one of the other age BU teams).
                            signed, LC

P.S. EE please let us come back to BU, I promise to shut up!!!

Comment

Stay away from any clubs in east boca. Money is always missing from team accounts.
                              LOL, LOL. That's a new one. You people will try anything to bash Team Boca before tryouts. You are too funny.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X