Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So it’s okay as a coach to lose players as long as they are at the bottom of the roster? Speaking like a true *******
    The girls in question were bottom of the roster because they missed practice very frequently and didn't put in much effort when they were there. They still complained about how unfair it was that they didn't get enough playing time.

Am I okay with their coach not rewarding that behavior? You bet. Am I okay with them being mad and jumping ship because they don't like being held to a higher standard? Again, you bet.

You must be from the school of thought that coaches need to kiss ***** regardless of effort. No thanks. I'm all for these girls leaving if that's what they're looking for.

Comment

Depends on the level, age, etc. I'm fully in favor or spreading the minutes around as equal as possible for most teams. I'm even in favor of still spreading them around even if you don't have a dedicated kid early on.

However, by the time you reach U-13 and the levels of play increase, then playtime is earned. Earned by showing up, paying attention, working hard, and doing what are asked to do to improve and, honestly, being able to play competitively as the season goes along that shifts.

Comment

Another Seacoast parent trying to get info on preseason week. Emails unanswered. I am just completely disgusted right now that we can't get answers. We pay dearly to be part of this club and can't even get the courtesy of a schedule so that we can plan our lives to ensure our children can attend. We work and need to coordinate schedules. Seacoast couldn't care less. I'm driving there tomorrow. Ridiculous.

Comment

Another Seacoast parent trying to get info on preseason week. Emails unanswered. I am just completely disgusted right now that we can't get answers. We pay dearly to be part of this club and can't even get the courtesy of a schedule so that we can plan our lives to ensure our children can attend. We work and need to coordinate schedules. Seacoast couldn't care less. I'm driving there tomorrow. Ridiculous.
          Driving where? If it helps, they are there right now.

E-mails are starting to flow this week; saw one come out yesterday. Note, league schedules for some leagues are in draft mode; some are not out yet.

The practice schedule was just communicated. Exactly one year to the day last year I received the 2018-2019 practice schedule.

Comment

Driving to Epping. I'm at work in Boston right now so can't get there.

I am not looking for league schedules or even practice schedules but as a note, just because it was sent the same day last year, doesn't mean it was sent in a timely manner then either.

I get that it doesn't affect DA so DA parents don't get it, but there is NO reason that the club can't communicate which week is pre-season week at the beginning of summer. People need to plan work schedules, vacations, etc and it is not the same week every year. My children want to attend but I can't revolve my life around soccer. Your milage may vary.

I know we have one or two posters here who believe Seacoast can do no wrong. Cool. For me, if I'm paying close to $10k for my kids, I expect an answer to a message as to which week I need to make schedule arrangements.

Glad your DA kid is all set but I haven't heard a word about ANY of my kids.

Comment

Don't waste your breath. Seacoast could literally declare bankruptcy and steal the money of everyone involved but as long as they're still feeding this guy the line that his 05 D is super duper special and "needs" GDA, he'll be on here defending them.

Comment

I am not looking for league schedules or even practice schedules but as a note, just because it was sent the same day last year, doesn't mean it was sent in a timely manner then either.

I get that it doesn't affect DA so DA parents don't get it, but there is NO reason that the club can't communicate which week is pre-season week at the beginning of summer. People need to plan work schedules, vacations, etc and it is not the same week every year. My children want to attend but I can't revolve my life around soccer. Your milage may vary.

I know we have one or two posters here who believe Seacoast can do no wrong. Cool. For me, if I'm paying close to $10k for my kids, I expect an answer to a message as to which week I need to make schedule arrangements.

Stop you bitching, Seacoast should change their email schedule because you don't think it is timely. What a self-absorbed narcissistic parent you are.

Comment

Not a DA discussion, not sure why that was mentioned. Just making a couple of points:

1) I have no idea how much they hang around in Epping. I do know there are offices in Hampton, just asking where you were going.
                  2) No, just because last year matches this year doesn't make it OK. Just that the timeline has been set and they seem to follow it. It sucks. I'd like to get it earlier, but I've never got it earlier whether it from SU or another club.
                  3) Didn't defend SU; there's good and bad - and this is bad.

Like it or not, I will make an assumption they set the DA training schedule set and work their way back. So, if my guess is correct, if the DA details are being sent, hopefully the rest will soon follow.

Other than the unnecessary shot at DA, I'm actually agreeing with your post just trying to provide some guidance. Take it or leave it, totally up to you.

Comment

Don't waste your breath. Seacoast could literally declare bankruptcy and steal the money of everyone involved but as long as they're still feeding this guy the line that his 05 D is super duper special and "needs" GDA, he'll be on here defending them.
                    Aaah...Angry Guy is back.

See you on the pitch!!

Comment

Not a DA discussion, not sure why that was mentioned. Just making a couple of points:

1) I have no idea how much they hang around in Epping. I do know there are offices in Hampton, just asking where you were going.
                      2) No, just because last year matches this year doesn't make it OK. Just that the timeline has been set and they seem to follow it. It sucks. I'd like to get it earlier, but I've never got it earlier whether it from SU or another club.
                      3) Didn't defend SU; there's good and bad - and this is bad.

Like it or not, I will make an assumption they set the DA training schedule set and work their way back. So, if my guess is correct, if the DA details are being sent, hopefully the rest will soon follow.

Other than the unnecessary shot at DA, I'm actually agreeing with your post just trying to provide some guidance. Take it or leave it, totally up to you.
                      Sorry, man. Not taking shots at DA intentionally. Just annoyed because the only communication I got earlier this summer was exactly that... working backwards from DA. Which is fine and I understand that but I just want to know the preseason week schedule. That's all. It's in 2-3 weeks and a lot of families need lead time to make mid-day trainings feasible. Nothing against DA itself, just sick of being pushed aside. I know my kids are nothing but $$$ to them but wish they'd at least try to care slightly about the rest of us

Comment

Sorry, man. Not taking shots at DA intentionally. Just annoyed because the only communication I got earlier this summer was exactly that... working backwards from DA. Which is fine and I understand that but I just want to know the preseason week schedule. That's all. It's in 2-3 weeks and a lot of families need lead time to make mid-day trainings feasible. Nothing against DA itself, just sick of being pushed aside. I know my kids are nothing but $$$ to them but wish they'd at least try to care slightly about the rest of us
                        I get it. Every soccer club I've ever come across I find their expertise is in soccer; none of them are great administrators. I'm a planner so this goes against the grain from what I can easily deal with. I've just learned to assume there will be an impact around that time and try to work around it. Easier said then done.

Also note it has been a tumultuous week for them so they may be trying to still work out some details. Not that should be your nor my concern though...

Comment

Stop you bitching, Seacoast should change their email schedule because you don't think it is timely. What a self-absorbed narcissistic parent you are.
                          Yes, you've nailed it, bro. I'm an incredibly narcissistic bastard trying to make sure that my kids can make it to their preseason week. Pay no mind to the fact that I don't care about regular training schedule or game schedule at this point, literally just looking for a quick answer as to which week requires me to rearrange my schedule.

I definitely should stop expecting even the slightest bit of service in exchange for the thousands i shell out. Just blindly follow the Seacoast gods, right? They love your type.... forget you're a paying customer and let yourself believe your kid was chosen and they're doing you a favor!

Comment

I get it. Every soccer club I've ever come across I find their expertise is in soccer; none of them are great administrators. I'm a planner so this goes against the grain from what I can easily deal with. I've just learned to assume there will be an impact around that time and try to work around it. Easier said then done.

Also note it has been a tumultuous week for them so they may be trying to still work out some details. Not that should be your nor my concern though...
                            Tumultuous week for them? Why?

Comment

Tumultuous week for them? Why?
                              The Girls DoC left last week. I don't know why, but he was a key part of the organization and not sure what exit strategy was in place.

Comment

The Girls DoC left last week. I don't know why, but he was a key part of the organization and not sure what exit strategy was in place.
                                Yes, right. That would shake things up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X