Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It seems like you are the same person posting single line nonsense over and over again and trying to compare a single select team you are on to the world of premier/rec/select. Get some more data points and we will believe you. No-one cares about friendlies that may or may not have a full team and guest players and no refs etc. I can tell you for sure that select teams can field really strong teams that compete with premier teams. Typically is a random occurrence and area specific. I have seen Southlake select teams that are ridiculously bad and I have seen Southlake and Bellevue United teams blow away Eastside B teams. It's a random occurrence where a bunch of kids at a birth year luckily turn out to be strong athletes and want to stay on their select team with their friends for a long time. It has nothing to do with a training program or anything else that select clubs are offering. You are also missing a huge topic which is how you want to play. Most of those strong select teams are get forward big kid strong athlete garbage ball soccer. Win every 50/50 ball and you win the game type of play. I personally can't stand that kind of play and would rather play on a team that is working together to play possession as a team but may still lose. And yes I would much rather pay more money for training that pay less to play 50/50 ball. Actually I would like to pay zero and get great training but that is a unicorn farting rainbows.
    This is spot on in every respect. Thank you.

Sadly, it is way too clear-headed to make a difference. The bleating shall continue.

Comment

It seems like you are the same person posting single line nonsense over and over again and trying to compare a single select team you are on to the world of premier/rec/select. Get some more data points and we will believe you. No-one cares about friendlies that may or may not have a full team and guest players and no refs etc. I can tell you for sure that select teams can field really strong teams that compete with premier teams. Typically is a random occurrence and area specific. I have seen Southlake select teams that are ridiculously bad and I have seen Southlake and Bellevue United teams blow away Eastside B teams. It's a random occurrence where a bunch of kids at a birth year luckily turn out to be strong athletes and want to stay on their select team with their friends for a long time. It has nothing to do with a training program or anything else that select clubs are offering. You are also missing a huge topic which is how you want to play. Most of those strong select teams are get forward big kid strong athlete garbage ball soccer. Win every 50/50 ball and you win the game type of play. I personally can't stand that kind of play and would rather play on a team that is working together to play possession as a team but may still lose. And yes I would much rather pay more money for training that pay less to play 50/50 ball. Actually I would like to pay zero and get great training but that is a unicorn farting rainbows.
      We are premier level team. We playing PSPL premier. And i will tell you a secret: We higest division winner of PSPL this spring.

Comment

Our experience is that RCL has few college recruitment opportunities. If you have it, it is completely due to the coach you have. Some coaches have a lot of contacts and A team players get recruited. Others do not and no one gets recruited or very few get a look (look at Seattle United Copa)

I think at the younger ages, RCL has a lot of Coach confirmation bias against players...with size being the dominate factor of which team you get on. Technical and fast players will be left of B and C teams in favor of the larger players. PSPL does not have this problem...perhaps mostly due to the fact they have a smaller player pool. But for smaller players that have not hit their stride yet, PSPL is a good place to play, train and perhaps reach a higher level of play than they would in RCL. This is true from U8 to U14. If you can't play on an RCL A team, a PSPL A team can be better than the RCL B team. The is doubly true for players stuck on RCL C teams or Select.

U15 and up...those players that left for PSPL got a lot better and now they are coming back into RCL around U15 and U16 with the top players getting into ECNL. PSPL academy for all it's flaws is more inclusive, has more practices and goes to more tournaments than EPD. The ECNL teams take also take on quite a few PSPL academy players over RCL players. I saw this at many tryouts over the last four years. The WPFC ECNL teams usually have 1/2 of their players from PSPL.

Being in an RCL league or team does not mean you will be in ECNL or recruited. You do get more visibility which is great for good players. Likewise, being in PSPL doesn't limit a players chances of moving up. On the contrary, they are getting the starts and touches that will bring them to the level of the top RCL players or even higher.
        Complete bs

Comment

You can see the commitments here:
          https://www.iscgunners.org/college-commitments

D1 doesn't necessarily mean more competitive. There are D3 teams that could beat D1. So many factors, like conference, have an impact
          Haha!

Comment

Number one Gunners is not more expensive than others they raised their prices to match what others were doing and a bit more to provide health care to their employees. Also they are not doing 11 tournaments, they are dong 7 or 8 depending on the team and those are added on which is the same as any other club. I don't believe anyone is arguing that the ECNL teams for the most part are better. The point of this thread was that those teams have left WYS and now yes Gunners are better than the rest. Especially at the younger ages. Gunners are even better than some of the ECNL teams. So is Celtic. Also now the winner of the PSPL fall goes to the same tournament as the ECNL winner. Look this is all changing rapidly and give it another year or two will change again. Like any sport the coach makes the team and I believe that is true for all clubs which is why you have different clubs with different strengths.
            Curious, how do you feel about the fact that gunners and Celtic were excluded from ecnl? Are you happy with the level of competition you play during the season? Do you feel that the field quality, referees, and the other teams coaches are up to a similar standard as gunners and Celtic? If so, why are your teams having to play up one year, and some up two years? Wouldn’t it be nice if teams throughout the league were competitive, vs the haves and have nots?

Macy Jo and Erin Vaughn are two of the best. The rest? Celtic has some great players too. But comparing the PSPL to RCL is a joke. The quality, organization, and overall experience are not even close to similar. I don’t like that the RCL won’t let you guys in. But it is what it is. If you want your child to have the highest level of competition day in day out, the best route in WA is through RCL. But that shouldn’t be everyone’s goal. Find where your family fits in and be comfortable with it.

Comment

Southlake pay $1100 per year and we are playing Premier PSPL B07 I think this prise is cheapest for premier soccer. most of this money go to coach. We paid him $100 per practice. That why i not looking for ECNL or RCL. Same all other players from team. August 19th we going to have friendly with PC NW ECNL. We won Maroon 2 weeks ago 9:2. So will see first team level.
              You overpay that coach massively . I watched that Southlake team 2 years ago and they looked a decent side I watched your Southlake team at the sounders tournament and they were terrible ! They have gone down hill fast ! Have you lost some players ? . The formation they were playing didn’t fit the players that was on the field. You had a couple of talented players but the rest were very much a select level . My advise would be take all those players to pac become their maroon team and get some better coaching . Pac have dropped their prices this season and it’s almost comparable to what you are paying . The difference is pac has a pathway and you have none .

Comment

You overpay that coach massively . I watched that Southlake team 2 years ago and they looked a decent side I watched your Southlake team at the sounders tournament and they were terrible ! They have gone down hill fast ! Have you lost some players ? . The formation they were playing didn’t fit the players that was on the field. You had a couple of talented players but the rest were very much a select level . My advise would be take all those players to pac become their maroon team and get some better coaching . Pac have dropped their prices this season and it’s almost comparable to what you are paying . The difference is pac has a pathway and you have none .
                Five players on vication. We took four players from low select (npsl divisin c) team. But we still got final. On final day we had two games in hot day. So on final game boys did not have a power at all, . Dragong were looks fresher, thay did'n play any game in mourning. I think two games for one day it is too much for any team.

Comment

Five players on vication. We took four players from low select (npsl divisin c) team. But we still got final. On final day we had two games in hot day. So on final game boys did not have a power at all, . Dragong were looks fresher, thay did'n play any game in mourning. I think two games for one day it is too much for any team.
                  Oh ok that makes more sense . I watched the Seattle celtic game and you were very lucky ! Did the celtics goalkeeper get sent off when they were winning ? I left when celtics were winning and it looked quite easy for them . Somehow the game changed in the last 15 minutes .

Comment

Long time RCL parent here with some observations from the boy’s side. Disclosures: 1) I believe that the USYS and US Club soccer split is ridiculous and that best system would be a combined league with divisions determined on team quality. 2) My player would never be characterized as “big and fast” but has mostly thrived in RCL. He has had setbacks, but they have made him a stronger player.

1. Team quality- as a whole, RCL A teams have almost always beaten PSPL teams in head to head competitions. The excuse that RCL teams win because they focus on “big and fast” and not skills is a red herring. Even at the youth level a tiny tactical team can beat a big and fast team with the right coaching.
                    2. With the advent of ECNL, it seems uncertain if RCL B teams can continue to dominate PSPL teams. HOWEVER, as all of the ECNL teams are associated with clubs in the RCL, the best players will continue to gravitate towards those clubs to have a shot at playing at a higher level. That is likely to strengthen the B teams further. Note that at higher age groups, over the years big club RCL B teams have frequently beaten RCL A teams of smaller clubs. See Xfire-this vertical development model keeps the pipeline of players all dreaming for a spot on a DA team.
                    3. It remains very telling that US Club was willing to give all the boys ECNL spots in WA to RCL clubs that are USYSA affiliated over any US Club/PSPL clubs.
                    4. Travelling to play other teams out of state has been costly, but critical to my players development. Playing the same teams in the same division of the RCL all the time gets stale. Especially if the opponent’s strategy is to bunker in every time. Teams that don’t “know” each other are more likely to play open free flowing games against each other.
                    5. College Recruiting: First, the concept of a college coach seeing a player at a tournament then recruiting them occurs, but it is only common at the DA level. Less frequently it occurs at national level tournaments such as ECNL showcases, USYSA National League, EPD/ODP, and ID2. Coaches don’t have the time to search the country for that great kid on a bad team, they are looking for the highest concentration of good players to evaluate at once. Thus, most who want to go to school outside WA and OR cannot depend on their team or league to promote them to college coaches. They just have to do the work of deciding which colleges they want to focus on, contacting coaches, sending videos, etc to get noticed and hopefully an invite to an ID camp specific to that school (not the “we have 50 coaches! $$ making rackets).

Comment

I think it’s what we have been saying all along .rcl is a weaker league now that most of the rcl clubs have moved their first teams onto ECNL/DA. The top division is now a B team league no matter what the parents or salesman are telling you ! Pspl and rcl should merge and the team who finishes top in the first division should be promoted to the ECNL. Secondly the college route for a lot of these affluent kids is laughable . They would end up there anyway .

Comment

1. Team quality- as a whole, RCL A teams have almost always beaten PSPL teams in head to head competitions. The excuse that RCL teams win because they focus on “big and fast” and not skills is a red herring. Even at the youth level a tiny tactical team can beat a big and fast team with the right coaching.
                        You are wrong. This is KIDS! To win in big gay need to be two times better then him. Belgium changed young training system ten years ago and teams were loosing all tournaments, but letter they got result. If you want to win games now, ofcourse take big boy , teach him tactic and go ahead. But this system does not have future.

Comment

I think it’s what we have been saying all along .rcl is a weaker league now that most of the rcl clubs have moved their first teams onto ECNL/DA. The top division is now a B team league no matter what the parents or salesman are telling you ! Pspl and rcl should merge and the team who finishes top in the first division should be promoted to the ECNL. Secondly the college route for a lot of these affluent kids is laughable . They would end up there anyway .
                          Is there any discussions about merger between RCL and PSPL?
                          Might not benefit the leagues themselves, but I think it would be great for the clubs, players and everyone else.

Comment

It will never happen as long as Terry Fischer and Stanley Holmes are running each league. Both make to much money individually. They would actually both have to be involved for the kids.

Comment

It will never happen as long as Terry Fischer and Stanley Holmes are running each league. Both make to much money individually. They would actually both have to be involved for the kids.
                              Only real hope would be a new league, directly sanctioned by us soccer, that made both us youth soccer and us club soccer obsolete. But that won’t happen any time soon because us soccer has alienated many of the necessary constituents through its handling of da and because many clubs have a vested interest in the status quo.

The other alternative is that every club could just drop rcl and join us club (pspl is open and rcl is closed so the opposite couldn’t happen). Something like that has happened in a number of states, but the rcl clubs here seem to like their defined territories and closed league.

Comment

Premier Soccer is a scam

The ECNL movement is just another way to fleece dumb RCL parents out of even more money. RCL parents are dumb, ECNL parents are really dumb with more athletic kids.

Most NPSL teams at D1 are better than every RCL team at level 3 or below. So unless your child is playing RCL 1, if you pay more than $1000 a year for soccer you are a chump.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X