Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Oregon Tournament Woodburn, PCU and Rush 3v3

Summer Tournaments are in full swing. Time for hoody's snacks and Facebook posts.

July 6th is a 3v3 in Bend hosted by Cascade Rush.

July 13-15 is either PCU or the new Flavor De Futbol in Woodburn.

Anyone going to any?

I always like fighting the homeless for parking at Delta Park.

Looks like I have til tomorrow to sign up for the 3v3.

PCU is able to fill their brackets. If you called after the deadline you missed out. Woodburn is offering big discounts.

Comment

Are schedules for the PCU Classic available yet? If yes, where are they posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Are schedules for the PCU Classic available yet? If yes, where are they posted?
        http://events.gotsport.com/events/De...?eventid=68256

If your priority is enjoying soccer and competitive brackets (for you) looks like this is going to be a fun tournament. Lot of brackets, lots of teams. I seem to recall some saying PCU has lost it's luster, depends on what you are looking for. I'm not going myself and I think I'm going to regret it. Everyone going, have fun and please remember...when your game is over, get out of the there and open up some parking for everyone else!!!!

Comment

I went to Woodburn.

The fields were at two different locations; the high school and a nearby middle school which were about 1 mile apart. The fields were in very good condition. They had a main turf pitch with large covered grandstand and then right off of that a particularly nice grass pitch with grandstands as well. The rest of the fields were not as nice, but in very good shape. Which isn't exactly the typical experience when you would visit this club in Fall and Spring.

There was a TON of volunteers picking up trash, wearing "Staff" shirts and a whole lot of portapottys. Plenty of parking too although you had to pay $10 for a weekend pass.

Most games were at the high school. They had about 7-9 fields there.

The environment was very cool, kind of like a festival. Their was a professional DJ and somewhat of a stage area at the entrance. There were a couple Mexican Food tents and you kind of walked through this little village to get to the fields.

Woodburn is also easy to get around and overall it was a positive experience.

Comment

I went to Woodburn.

The fields were at two different locations; the high school and a nearby middle school which were about 1 mile apart. The fields were in very good condition. They had a main turf pitch with large covered grandstand and then right off of that a particularly nice grass pitch with grandstands as well. The rest of the fields were not as nice, but in very good shape. Which isn't exactly the typical experience when you would visit this club in Fall and Spring.

There was a TON of volunteers picking up trash, wearing "Staff" shirts and a whole lot of portapottys. Plenty of parking too although you had to pay $10 for a weekend pass.

Most games were at the high school. They had about 7-9 fields there.

The environment was very cool, kind of like a festival. Their was a professional DJ and somewhat of a stage area at the entrance. There were a couple Mexican Food tents and you kind of walked through this little village to get to the fields.

Woodburn is also easy to get around and overall it was a positive experience.
            Great to hear, sounds like a fantastic environment.

Comment

If you play Woodburn teams in the fall and spring you would think their fields for this tournament were going to be garbage.... But they weren't. The games were at their High School and a nearby Middle School. The grass fields were in very good condition. They had a brand new turf field as well. Field conditions, environment, traffic, venues, get high marks. Plenty of bathrooms, plenty of shade. There was some very good food as well.

The only complaint was the girls brackets were a bit bare and there were some combining of ages, at least in the 05/06 girls bracket. But it appeared those teams got competitive games.

For a new Tournament in their 1st year I would say this was done very well.

Comment

kids played in the PCU classic last weekend. Some fields were ok (Delta and Buckman) but oh boy some fields were horrendous. One was set up between baseball diamonds with a section of the pitch going over into the dirt on either side. bumps and hills throughout. One corner was probably 3' higher than the rest of the field so corner kicks were ... interesting. The AR had to run up and down that hill from grass to dirt and back, while avoiding 1st base. The goals were barely held together with gaping holes in the nets and nothing to stop them from toppling over (refs had the teams put ball bags there since there was no sandbags as if that was going to help). Another field was mowed sometime last month and the grass was so deep the ball would barely roll. Also had nets with holes in them. These fields were used for U15-U19 too, it's not as if it was the littles sent over there. Most teams were local that we'll play during the season so nothing great there other than a preview of teams we already know.

Comment

kids played in the PCU classic last weekend. Some fields were ok (Delta and Buckman) but oh boy some fields were horrendous. One was set up between baseball diamonds with a section of the pitch going over into the dirt on either side. bumps and hills throughout. One corner was probably 3' higher than the rest of the field so corner kicks were ... interesting. The AR had to run up and down that hill from grass to dirt and back, while avoiding 1st base. The goals were barely held together with gaping holes in the nets and nothing to stop them from toppling over (refs had the teams put ball bags there since there was no sandbags as if that was going to help). Another field was mowed sometime last month and the grass was so deep the ball would barely roll. Also had nets with holes in them. These fields were used for U15-U19 too, it's not as if it was the littles sent over there. Most teams were local that we'll play during the season so nothing great there other than a preview of teams we already know.
                  What, was the corner flag located on the pitchers mound? Which park/field was this? I've seen a few fields that have soccer pitches located in a baseball diamond's outfield, but nothing like this. (And the bases are removable; I have a hard time believing that first base would still be installed on the field if it was being used for soccer).

Comment

What, was the corner flag located on the pitchers mound? Which park/field was this? I've seen a few fields that have soccer pitches located in a baseball diamond's outfield, but nothing like this. (And the bases are removable; I have a hard time believing that first base would still be installed on the field if it was being used for soccer).
                    It was actually 3rd base. Rose City park. If you look at the satellite view they used to have the field striped to it avoided the dirt, but for some reason the lines on both sides crossed into the dirt. The line on the south side barely avoided 3rd (the AR had to run around it) so you can see how much dirt was on the pitch (or vice versa). The angle was completely different too, the west side goal was almost parallel to 62nd

https://www.google.com/maps/place/21....5994618?hl=en

Comment

It was actually 3rd base. Rose City park. If you look at the satellite view they used to have the field striped to it avoided the dirt, but for some reason the lines on both sides crossed into the dirt. The line on the south side barely avoided 3rd (the AR had to run around it) so you can see how much dirt was on the pitch (or vice versa). The angle was completely different too, the west side goal was almost parallel to 62nd

So how was the field oriented? You're suggesting that the field outlines on the satellite view are not correct. If the field ran east-west, the only way that either diamond's third base was anywhere near a touch line would be if the field ran entirely through the infield.

Which would be horrible place for a soccer pitch.

Comment

Omg

My little (pick your own name) had to run in dirt !

Comment

So how was the field oriented? You're suggesting that the field outlines on the satellite view are not correct. If the field ran east-west, the only way that either diamond's third base was anywhere near a touch line would be if the field ran entirely through the infield.

Which would be horrible place for a soccer pitch.
                          imagine if the orientation of the pitch as it was in the satellite was turned clockwise about 10 degrees. The west goal wasn't quite parallel to the street, but more parallel than it is in the satellite. So the corner flags were in the dirt, not to mention the baseball diamond to the south site about 3' higher than where the goal was. It would be bad enough for 6th grade rec, but for a tournament that you pay hundreds of dollars to enter, it was pretty ghetto. Though I'm not sure what else to expect from PCU

Comment

imagine if the orientation of the pitch as it was in the satellite was turned clockwise about 10 degrees. The west goal wasn't quite parallel to the street, but more parallel than it is in the satellite. So the corner flags were in the dirt, not to mention the baseball diamond to the south site about 3' higher than where the goal was. It would be bad enough for 6th grade rec, but for a tournament that you pay hundreds of dollars to enter, it was pretty ghetto. Though I'm not sure what else to expect from PCU
                            From your description, it appears that it's second base, not third, that is close to the touch line. (Third base would be right next to the trees, unless the south baseball diamond is orientated differently than in the satellite photo).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X