Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Anthem

Never had the anthem played at a club game but my players that have moved on to HS, I make sure it's understood they face the flag and put their hand over their heart, or stand at attention. No wiggling, talking, or being a clown. I have players of different backgrounds and it's never been an issue. Just curious how everyone else handles this.

Eff off with your forced patriotism mate

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Any male in the US mainland that uses the word “mate” should have to turn in their testicles to the Man Office. Seriously. They are tiny little raisins so they won’t miss them.

Comment

Any male in the US mainland that uses the word “mate” should have to turn in their testicles to the Man Office. Seriously. They are tiny little raisins so they won’t miss them.
        Oh yay, a wife beater coming in to talk about me nuts.

Grow up ya mouth breather

Comment

This is how you know how ignorant somebody is.

Patriotism...for what country?

And it's not about Patriotism, they don't have to sing, or like it, it's about respect and not making an ass of yourself. Which you seem pretty good at...."mate."

Don't care what a player thinks, or what they believe. But I know they could be living in a 3rd rate country where people say "mate." I think the least they can do is stand there for about a minute out of "respect." For those that made sure we don't bow to a Queen or whatever and drive on the wrong side of the road.

Comment

Forced patriotism is a dictatorship.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think think anyone has to like it, enjoy it, or participate beyond just standing there.

Comment

How about you leave the coaching to the pitch for tactics and skills instead of “making sure it’s understood” aka “forcing” kids to do what you want.

The best part about being an American and a veteran is that I’ve fought for the rights of anyone here to do anything THEY want

Comment

Oh, I'm a veteran too. I forget sometimes because it's not my identify. It's just something I did. Like millions of other people.

I always get a kick out of those types who think they actually fought for the "freedom" to not stand for the anthem. Unless you fought in the Revolutionary War, um, you didn't. You're not special, you're not unique and claiming to be a veteran doesn't entitle you to any more opinion than anyone else.

I also don't allow my players to tell refs to **** off or engage parents. And if I saw them spit on somebody, I would enforce that too.

Comment

Oh, I'm a veteran too. I forget sometimes because it's not my identify. It's just something I did. Like millions of other people.

I always get a kick out of those types who think they actually fought for the "freedom" to not stand for the anthem. Unless you fought in the Revolutionary War, um, you didn't. You're not special, you're not unique and claiming to be a veteran doesn't entitle you to any more opinion than anyone else.

I also don't allow my players to tell refs to **** off or engage parents. And if I saw them spit on somebody, I would enforce that too.
                    Requiring players to be respectfully observant is a value in line with sportsmanship and professionalism in my book.

I didn't k now there were people more full of themselves or too busy in their very important role of ensuring elite world soccer domination to address an issue like this.

LMFAO

Comment

I think all coaches should engage their players in a moral code of ethics.

1. No cursing.
                      2. No spitting.
                      3. No disrespecting their elders.
                      4. No alcohol.
                      5. No drugs.
                      6. No contact with opposite sex outside the bounds marriage.
                      7. Stand for the flag.
                      8. Drive responsibly.
                      9. And many other issues.

The coach should be concerned with these matters before the kids even touch a ball at practice. The coaches responsibility is great for the moral and ethical development of kids.

Comment

I fought for oil apparently

Still don’t care for the op’s stance on thenissue

Comment

I don’t think it’s forced patriotism.

It’s teaching kids how to respect the men and women that have sacrificed their lives so the players in a game have the freedom to play the game.

My response to people that think patriotism is being forced upon them-

Be an American that is worth protecting and dying for!

Comment

I think all coaches should engage their players in a moral code of ethics.

1. No cursing.
                            2. No spitting.
                            3. No disrespecting their elders.
                            4. No alcohol.
                            5. No drugs.
                            6. No contact with opposite sex outside the bounds marriage.
                            7. Stand for the flag.
                            8. Drive responsibly.
                            9. And many other issues.

The coach should be concerned with these matters before the kids even touch a ball at practice. The coaches responsibility is great for the moral and ethical development of kids.

Yeah, gonna disagree with sex outside of marriage. Coaching teenagers, some of them are already doing it, talking about it, bragging about.

I have talked to them about consent and respect and I had a player skip practice to hump their GF and another one bragging about getting a BJ from somebody all the other players knew.

I had a player try to spit on somebody and the ref didn't see it. I pulled them for the rest of the game.

Comment

Don't like it - there's a lot of other countries you can live in. Just go!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X