Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World famous CFC Showcase this weekend!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So if I’m a colllege Coach recruiting talent, why would I go to this showcase that has u11-u14 teams playing as well and where 80% of the teams are CFC? I’d rather go to the NYCSL college showcase where there are only U16 and U17 teams playing and there are several teams from the east coast?
    Having just looked at the NYSCL team list I totally agree. It's a solid list of area teams, some of whom have never played each other before so it's a good learning opportunity as well as exposure. Some coaches sign up for events and don't show, others never sign up but show up. Seems like there was overlap with some schools at both events.

Comment

Having just looked at the NYSCL team list I totally agree. It's a solid list of area teams, some of whom have never played each other before so it's a good learning opportunity as well as exposure. Some coaches sign up for events and don't show, others never sign up but show up. Seems like there was overlap with some schools at both events.
      Good news is there's a night cornhole option too for each team

Comment

I guess this makes sense for branch teams at the older ages. The fact they make the younger United teams play is a waste of time.
        Why? It’s additional soccer and the kids enjoy it.

Leaving the 17s and 18s out makes sense. For everyone this is good. Touches on the ball etc.

Comment

It’s local with decent competition. It’s not an ECNL or DA event but it’s a decent options and local colleges come to watch players. D2 and D3’s

Comment

The tournament is held on very nice fields. Way better than most.

Comment

Pretty obvious he/she was just having a little fun. Moron.
              You’re acting like it’s unusual for a DB CFC dad to say that. Moron.

Comment

At least cfc doesn’t cheat to try and win their own tournament l8ke Oakwood. Playing games with rosters, etc
                True, you just get the coaches to cheat to get them into college. That’s way better..

Comment

The tournament is held on very nice fields. Way better than most.
                  They also have face painting and a DJ there too. It’s a great time.

Comment

This NYCSL showcase event is awesome. A lot of teams from out of state, beautiful facility with all fields at one location and well organized

Comment

So, after 3 years as a CFC parent (boys) - in my humble opinion - a good opportunity for the kids to get 1 more gasp at premier soccer before premier league ends and the kick and run summer league begins.

May be beneficial for those D3 potential players who have worked on their own to cultivate relationships with coaches (via emails, clips, attending the colleges respective IDs - and most likely a NPL or ECNL boy). Otherwise realistically, I very much doubt a City, Sportsworld, Wolves, or Valley junior or senior will be "discovered."

Comment

So, after 3 years as a CFC parent (boys) - in my humble opinion - a good opportunity for the kids to get 1 more gasp at premier soccer before premier league ends and the kick and run summer league begins.

May be beneficial for those D3 potential players who have worked on their own to cultivate relationships with coaches (via emails, clips, attending the colleges respective IDs - and most likely a NPL or ECNL boy). Otherwise realistically, I very much doubt a City, Sportsworld, Wolves, or Valley junior or senior will be "discovered."
                        Thanks but no one cares about CFC and their branches of misfits

Comment

Question Man Responds

60+ isn't bad for such an event. I know the list isn't chock full of soccer powerhouses but plenty of decent schools and programs appropriate for many local players
                          How does the list on the website equate to actual persons at the games and watching?

Comment

It doesn’t. I know a several coaches that registered for CFC showcase that were at fsa

Comment

I’m just spitballin’ here, but maybe (just maybe) the coaches could attend both tournaments. Seeing as how they are 30 minutes apart and all.

Comment

I’m just spitballin’ here, but maybe (just maybe) the coaches could attend both tournaments. Seeing as how they are 30 minutes apart and all.
                                And since most every school has more than one coach on staff.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X