Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls ECNL in greater Seattle area

What are people's thoughts on all of the girls ECNL teams in the greater Seattle area? I believe there are five now? Who will dominate the competition and at what age groups? It seems that playing high school soccer is back in fashion around here, which is great in my opinion! While there are a lot of teams in a small area, how great to not have to put your kid on an airplane every time they have to play a game. I'm curious to see how others are thinking/feeling about how the soccer landscape is changing in our beautiful city.

Two of my kids have graduated out of Club/ECNL soccer and my youngest is in her last year. That said, I honestly think the ECNL is going to get too "watered down" and competition will drop. Or, at least, RCL is going to drop even further (performance wise) as more and more players are able to play ECNL. Who knows what time will tell with the quality. That's just my prediction. I could be right. I could be wrong But, honestly, I won't have kids in the program any longer and probably won't follow it to find out.

ECNL has been good for my kids though. Great competition. Great learning experience. Great for personal growth. The travel and regimen does a pretty decent job of preparing them for college soccer, in my opinion. If that's what they want to do.

Comment

With Crossfire going "all-in" with ECNL I am fairly confident they will be at the top of the table across most age groups. Both Seattle United and EFC have lost some of their best players to the Reign. PAC has some solid teams at 04 and 03 age groups.

Comment

Rainier Challenge, XF Challenge, Surf, Silverlake.
        We will see what's up. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          With Crossfire going "all-in" with ECNL I am fairly confident they will be at the top of the table across most age groups. Both Seattle United and EFC have lost some of their best players to the Reign. PAC has some solid teams at 04 and 03 age groups.
          That is good news for the Reign. They will finally be the top DA club in Washington.

Going 1-11-4 vs your cross town rival again would be extremely embarrassing for an academy backed by a professional NWSL club and US soccer.

Comment

Please get your facts straight....they will now be the top club in the NW. Holla!!

Comment

A lot of reign girls are now back at Eastside playing ecnl. Our age group has 2 already and 2 more coming when da playoffs are over. Crossifre lost a bunch of girls from 04 and up. 04 crossifre lost 7 girls total and 03 and 02 a handful jumped to reign, Washington premier, Eastside, pac nw. Most of the age groups crossifre had less girls at tryouts then some of the other local ecnl clubs. A bunch of girls who got cut at Seattle United ended up at crossifre so I am not sure how strong crossfire really will be if they are taking girls who are getting cut elsewhere. Crossifre is dealing with a bit of a coaching crisis on the girls side the last year with the coaches not being well liked or considered just not that great.

Comment

A lot of reign girls are now back at Eastside playing ecnl. Our age group has 2 already and 2 more coming when da playoffs are over. Crossifre lost a bunch of girls from 04 and up. 04 crossifre lost 7 girls total and 03 and 02 a handful jumped to reign, Washington premier, Eastside, pac nw. Most of the age groups crossifre had less girls at tryouts then some of the other local ecnl clubs. A bunch of girls who got cut at Seattle United ended up at crossifre so I am not sure how strong crossfire really will be if they are taking girls who are getting cut elsewhere. Crossifre is dealing with a bit of a coaching crisis on the girls side the last year with the coaches not being well liked or considered just not that great.
                Some girls have chosen to leave Reign for Xfire, including a top forward and top defender.

There was widespread shock over the girls SU cut to stack the 03 team with kids from Surf. Some of the Surf players are strong, some less so. One girl was cut from SU because she couldn't afford the team fees. SU cut her scholarship at tryouts, which is a pretty sh*tty thing to do to a kid going into her junior year who is probably counting on soccer to help with college. She will do a great job for Xfire. Another player SU cut had offers from multiple ECNL teams at other clubs. I'd expect xfire to do well this year.

Comment

Will XF have a u18/19 Composite ECNL team or only two u18/19 ECNL teams this coming year?

Comment

one of each...

Comment

Everything will be known very soon how the musical
                      chairs of players moving around will affect things.
                      This is a good thing, parents. We have choices to
                      move our kids around, if need be. Like the saying
                      one's junk is another's treasure.

Don't take it too personally. This is all business for both sides.
                      Business for the clubs and business for the parents and kids
                      with complementary goals, but way different desired results.
                      Good luck all and see you all very soon on the pitch. :)

Comment

Some girls have chosen to leave Reign for Xfire, including a top forward and top defender.

There was widespread shock over the girls SU cut to stack the 03 team with kids from Surf. Some of the Surf players are strong, some less so. One girl was cut from SU because she couldn't afford the team fees. SU cut her scholarship at tryouts, which is a pretty sh*tty thing to do to a kid going into her junior year who is probably counting on soccer to help with college. She will do a great job for Xfire. Another player SU cut had offers from multiple ECNL teams at other clubs. I'd expect xfire to do well this year.
                        You mean the top forward who peaked at 11 years old?

Comment

What an absolutely vile thing to say about a child. Congrats, you've achieved peak arsehole.

Comment

I am going to second what the other posted said about the person who made this statement being vile. This person is a horrific human being. One of those people that make the world a worse place with every breathe they take.

Comment

Sure seems like someone's maturity peaked at 11...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X