•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You call out the rich, "white" kids in a derogatory manner, and yet you deny it has anything to do with race.

Ummm...you're the fool.
      It's a rich, white kids sport here in the US. Only Crew, yachting, polo, hockey and golf have a higher percentage.

Comment

It's a rich, white kids sport here in the US. Only Crew, yachting, polo, hockey and golf have a higher percentage.
        Can you post that study showing percentages of rich white kids by sport?

Comment

I think you know from the first time they touch the ball. I have two daughters that play the game. My oldest stepped on the field at age 5 and we knew she had a natural talent for the sport and half of it was something coaches would say was something you couldn't teach. She was aggressive and had this incredible inner drive to win. Throughout her years, that has never changed, but in the end she chose academics over D1 simply b/c she didn't want the level of commitment D1 required. My second daughter is also very athletic, but is not built the same. We already know that soccer is just for fun and she will be happy to just play the game at the high school level. I would say it has a lot to do with personality and even if they check off all the boxes, they have to really want it in the end. A coach once said at a tryout that kids develop at different stages and the kids that are the strongest players now may not be the strongest players two years from now. Although I agree with that from a skills perspective, I do think you are born with certain qualities that will determine your success in this game
          confusing post. it sounds like in the end, neither of your kids had "it"

Comment

"I think you know from the first time they touch the ball." = stupid
            "I do think you are born with certain qualities that will determine your success in this game." = pretty basic truth

There are reams and reams of studies etc. on the folly of talent identification before the end of physical/mental maturity. This is something professional soccer clubs all over the world have spent billions of dollars trying to figure out and they still only get it right sometimes.

As an earlier poster said (paraphrasing), the question itself is messed up. Are you asking who will be the best HS soccer player? Who can play high D1 college ball? Who's going to be on a national team? The answer to any of these can be different and in some ways has nothing to do with who has "it" (whatever "it" is) b/c the identification process in the US isn't the greatest. But anyone who thinks they can spot "it" the first time their 5 year old touched a soccer ball is a lunatic.
            I was the earlier poster asking for a definition of "it". No one has done so. in a nutshell, this is youth soccer for girls in the USA. No real pyramid or standards. Just a bunch of clubs defining "it" as they please for gullible parents with checkbooks.

in the USA, ever kid has "it" as long as they can pay and if "it" never comes out, blame the club/coach

Comment

OP here. Right on I should of explained what I meant by lT. Division 1. Prettysufe my kid doesn’t have it. Just wondering when little Mia’s parents illusions will be destroyed. Parents of 9-12 year olds who think their kids are the s#$*. 😆

Comment

Can you post that study showing percentages of rich white kids by sport?
                Absolutely: https://***********/y2d7vxpr

Comment

What age can you tell who has it??

You call out the rich, "white" kids in a derogatory manner, and yet you deny it has anything to do with race.

Ummm...you're the fool.
                  no...its just a sociological observance...its all in your head amigo!!!!!

Comment

OP here. Right on I should of explained what I meant by lT. Division 1. Prettysufe my kid doesn’t have it. Just wondering when little Mia’s parents illusions will be destroyed. Parents of 9-12 year olds who think their kids are the s#$*. 😆
                    My daughter took to soccer really quick, and was excellent 8,9,10 against her peers. 11 and 12 were backwards to the point where I wasn't sure if she had any business out there. She started to grow back into her body slowly at 13-14 and has gotten very good again at 15. It is all puberty driven.

Comment

My daughter took to soccer really quick, and was excellent 8,9,10 against her peers. 11 and 12 were backwards to the point where I wasn't sure if she had any business out there. She started to grow back into her body slowly at 13-14 and has gotten very good again at 15. It is all puberty driven.
                      you say good relative to peers. what peers top 20 D1 good?

Comment

D1 covers a massive range of abilities.

Comment

you say good relative to peers. what peers top 20 D1 good?
                          She'll play mid-major D1. I don't know many girls in the state going top 20.

Comment

As I expected, another TS comedian, not helpful.

Comment

IT is not defined by state though

Comment

all that tells me is that most do not have "it". thats the thing, by definition"it" id rare. Parents just stretch the definitions to include their kids.

Mid major D1 is not "it"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X