Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crossfire no longer has DA for girls. They left because they want to still continue to play on DA and not play on ECNL for 2019/2020.
    Xfire has a couple National Team Players who did not leave midseason for Reign...presumably they'd be the ones most interested in staying with the DA, but they're staying with Xfire. Xfire seems to have a huge roster for 2002s, so I expect the girls who left for Reign want more playing time

Comment

Ummmmmmm.......Because it's the only professional women's soccer team in the state. And theoretically is a sport our girls are playing. And theoretically is something our girls aspire to.

Regardless of youth club politics (which they are numerous and I am not picking a side in this argument of behaviors). All sports have a professional system to aspire to. In this case they have an academy as well which girls will want to wear the badge when they see Rapinoe score a goal in a stadium. But there is also an entrenched system trying to protect its trenches and player fees. It will be a dogfight of words for many years.

A similar example would be in the hyper competitive SoCal scene:

Here is a link to the Galaxy funding for girls:

https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2016/1...-academy-teams

Maybe the Sounders should have stepped up to the plate and helped fund the girls DA in Washington but they didn't.

Here is a link to LA Galaxy fees as well:

https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2016/1...-academy-teams

So it looks like pro teams also charge for their B, C teams as well to generate fees. (Older articles but I do have a day job and can't search the internet all day)

I do agree with you though. Pac/EFC/XF/etc.. probably shouldn't directly promote a competitor but banning/attacking them would be bad form for a sport our girls love. Does anyone know if all SoCal clubs ban their teams from going to the LA Galaxy games since they have a girls academy.
      I don't think anyone is banning anyone from doing anything. I don't think the clubs are stopping anyone from being a fan. I just would not promote them within the club.

That is great that they are a women's professional club, but it is classless to have the Reign DOC regularly dialing up your players to try to get them to switch clubs mid-season.

There is a right way to do things and a wrong way. The Reign and US Soccer (with the DA) are going about it the wrong way and ******* a lot of people off in the process.

Comment

Xfire has a couple National Team Players who did not leave midseason for Reign...presumably they'd be the ones most interested in staying with the DA, but they're staying with Xfire. Xfire seems to have a huge roster for 2002s, so I expect the girls who left for Reign want more playing time

I would not want to be teammates with someone who leaves mid-season... one month before playoffs.

That says a lot about the player and family.

It also says a lot about a club who encourages players to do this.

Comment

Crossfire no longer has DA for girls. They left because they want to still continue to play on DA and not play on ECNL for 2019/2020.
          Finish out the DA season like Crossfire is doing. When the season is over then switch clubs.

Any club with any ethics would be okay with this. If XF kicks you off the team because they know you are switching then you are not obligated to finish out the season.

These players played "free" (mostly paid by XF) this year and last year, don't you think some courtesy should have been considered? What type of parents takes the "free" soccer for a year and a half and is cool with their daughter leaving their teammates 5 or 6 games before playoffs?

Comment

It also says a lot about a club who encourages players to do this.
            Oh, you mean like Crossfire?

Thats how you get on. JB gives you a phone call and you guest on some practices. Then show up to "tryouts" and are magically on the team.

Crossfire DA poached ECNL players from other clubs before tryouts sat year. For ECNL that's before the final showcase tournament and playoffs. You don't want those players to finish out...they don't bother to try once they get the "call". You do what you have to do if you are trying to get committed. Some coaches are better at it than others.

Don't kid yourselves thinking that other clubs have any sort of "honor" or care about the players. I have no real love for the Reign DA. But I love reading about them sticking it to the RCL bullies. If they actually make it all work, more power to them.

Comment

All about freedom of choice for players and families. I for one am glad the good ole boys club is being called out for what it is. Whether the reign or another club good for them!

Comment

Oh, you mean like Crossfire?

Thats how you get on. JB gives you a phone call and you guest on some practices. Then show up to "tryouts" and are magically on the team.

Crossfire DA poached ECNL players from other clubs before tryouts sat year. For ECNL that's before the final showcase tournament and playoffs. You don't want those players to finish out...they don't bother to try once they get the "call". You do what you have to do if you are trying to get committed. Some coaches are better at it than others.

Don't kid yourselves thinking that other clubs have any sort of "honor" or care about the players. I have no real love for the Reign DA. But I love reading about them sticking it to the RCL bullies. If they actually make it all work, more power to them.
                It is like resigning from a job. You give your employers 2 week notice. They may or may not take you up on it. As a player you offer to finish out the season. The club may or may not take you up on it.

It is wrong for XF, Reign, or any other clubs to get players to hop over before the end of the season.

I can't control what the clubs do. I can teach my kids what is right or wrong. Maybe your attitude is to stick it to the club, but what about your teammates?

Comment

All about freedom of choice for players and families. I for one am glad the good ole boys club is being called out for what it is. Whether the reign or another club good for them!
                  You daughter or son must be a great teammate. It doesn't matter if the team wins or loses as long as they showed well in front of the college scout.

Comment

That is why SU has operated out of fear. Last year Rich showing up at the DA actively recruiting. Calling players, because he had their numbers as the REIGN DA coach, spreading lies amongst the players. That is OK. Then showing up with all the SU coaches actively working to show that they were there. Seems OK. I guess once you have been at XFIRE slimy things are OK. As another post points out, SU can't figure out the girls side so they will continue to flounder. And again as another poster points out Jimmy and Bernie and top notch slimy towards the girls. Neither gives a S*&t about girls.

Comment

That is why SU has operated out of fear. Last year Rich showing up at the DA actively recruiting. Calling players, because he had their numbers as the REIGN DA coach, spreading lies amongst the players. That is OK. Then showing up with all the SU coaches actively working to show that they were there. Seems OK. I guess once you have been at XFIRE slimy things are OK. As another post points out, SU can't figure out the girls side so they will continue to flounder. And again as another poster points out Jimmy and Bernie and top notch slimy towards the girls. Neither gives a S*&t about girls.
                      Heck to add to that, Rich can't even make his club commitments because he is too busy with the UW mens program. Hopefully SU is adjusting his pay for all the trips and games he misses and has his wife cover for them. Needless to say hopefully the SU has a good nepotism policy because it is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Comment

Clubs are going to recruit. That is going to happen and your are not going to stop it. The point is why would you support the organization that is trying to recruit from your player base.

How many clubs fully fund a girl's program? That is a lot of money spent if you don't care about girls.

Comment

Please read the fine print. It is not a fully funded program as XF would lead you to believe. Yes it covers cost but not fully funded.

Comment

Is Reign’s “all-girls” context really better?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-equal-footing

Comment

Please read the fine print. It is not a fully funded program as XF would lead you to believe. Yes it covers cost but not fully funded.
                              OK, XF is funding a whole lot of money for someone who does not care about girls.

17s and 19s are basically around $1K to play soccer.

Comment

Just like you did, it is easy to put false facts on the internet. Ask Bernie to open his books and show you his funding of all girls on those teams. My suspicion is what is posted isn’t necessarily what happens behind the scenes.

My point is that if you believed in the product you were selling, you wouldn’t try and use tactics to recruit players. This goes for all clubs! Reign, XF SU Efc.

Choice is good for consumers and that is what big RCL clubs are trying to protect against.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X