Waterford 405
    Watertown 470
    Weston 388
    Winsted – N.W. Reg. 381
    Windham 301
    Wolcott 439
    No team – If your school has a girls soccer team and is
    listed below or if you are listed in a division and do not
    have girls soccer, please notify the CIAC.
    Ansonia – O’Brien Tech. 167
    Bridgeport – Warren Harding 648
    Danbury – Abbott Tech. 218
    Hamden – Eli Whitney 223
    Hartford – A.I. Prince Tech. 417
    Hartford – Achievement First 34
    Killingly – Ellis Tech. 114
    Manchester – Cheney Tech. 150

S – Up to 299 (44)
    Ac. Holy Family/Norwich Tech. ** 280
    Bloomfield 264
    Bolton 179
    Bridgeport – Kolbe Cathedral 179
    Bristol – St. Paul Catholic 193
    Canton 245
    Chaplin – Parish Hill 74
    Clinton – Morgan 280
    Coventry 263
    Cromwell 267
    Derby 174
    Durham – Coginchaug 298
    East Granby 122
    East Haddam – Hale Ray 195
    East Hampton 283
    East Windsor 170
    Fairfield – Notre Dame Catholic 178
    Falls Village – Housatonic Valley 228
    Groton – Grasso 231
    Hartford – Capital Prep. 122
    Hartford – Classical 202
    Hartford – SMSA 229
    Hartford – University 129
    Hartford – Weaver 226
    Litchfield 158
    Litchfield – Wamogo 213
    Middletown – Vinal Tech. 189
    No. Stonington – Wheeler 103
    Old Lyme 191
    Old Saybrook 275
    Portland 187
    Putnam 136
    Somers 256
    Stafford 260
    Stamford – Trinity Catholic 187
    Teryville / Thomaston ** 293
    Thompson – Tourtellotte 141
    Torrington – Wolcott Tech. 237
    Uncasville – St. Bernard 135
    Washington – Shepaug Valley 142
    Waterbury – Sacred Heart 168
    Westbrook 138
    Windsor Locks 275
    Winsted – Gilbert School 146

Success Adjustments

I like how they moved up successful private schools. Don't think they should have moved up successful public schools though. I know this may cause a big debate, but anyone who doesn't see the difference between private and public is lying to themselves or just stupid.

Comment

Looks like they only moved up schools of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I like how they moved up successful private schools. Don't think they should have moved up successful public schools though. I know this may cause a big debate, but anyone who doesn't see the difference between private and public is lying to themselves or just stupid.
        I literally don't know anything about HS soccer in CT, my kids are in grade school and I;m a transplant. Please tell me the difference.

Comment

First time in the 10 or so years I've been following CT girls HS soccer that I've seen teams moved up because of a "success factor". If there are going to do that, perhaps they should increase number of All State spots for the better divisions - e.g. LL gets most, L next most, etc. Also, if they are going to move strong teams up, shouldn't they move bad teams down?

Comment

First time in the 10 or so years I've been following CT girls HS soccer that I've seen teams moved up because of a "success factor". If there are going to do that, perhaps they should increase number of All State spots for the better divisions - e.g. LL gets most, L next most, etc. Also, if they are going to move strong teams up, shouldn't they move bad teams down?
            That last point is a very good one. In 100 years, all teams will be in LL.

Comment

I can understand NW and SJ but why Suffield to LL. They wil be very strong next year and maybe the next. They are totally getting ripped off on a state championship. (Although they still have a shot of winning LL since they have I think 6 CFC United girls)

Comment

That last point is a very good one. In 100 years, all teams will be in LL.
                There will some be some spirited debate regarding some of the residual impact of these decisions. The all-state component would really to need to be addressed especially if you are introducing a success factor. The majority of the kids at the catholic schools would easily have all state criteria when compared to their peers at the S schools. Different ball game when you start comparing them to the Glastonbury, Simsbury, Greenwich and Cheshires of the world.

Selfishly as a soccer fan this is good stuff. Its going to detract away from some of the hypothetical banter here at TS becauase these games are actually going to be settled on the pitch and not on someone's IPAD or keyboard. Certainly makes for an exciting late fall in high school soccer!

Comment

There will some be some spirited debate regarding some of the residual impact of these decisions. The all-state component would really to need to be addressed especially if you are introducing a success factor. The majority of the kids at the catholic schools would easily have all state criteria when compared to their peers at the S schools. Different ball game when you start comparing them to the Glastonbury, Simsbury, Greenwich and Cheshires of the world.

Selfishly as a soccer fan this is good stuff. Its going to detract away from some of the hypothetical banter here at TS becauase these games are actually going to be settled on the pitch and not on someone's IPAD or keyboard. Certainly makes for an exciting late fall in high school soccer!
                  would be great to hear how Avon does not move up. back to back state champs and lost in finals year prior to those. That is better than anyone in the state...including NWC. Anyone?

Comment

New to girls HS soccer this year.. can someone give me any idea of the criteria for a girl winning or being names, All State All Conference and other HS honors of this type etc? Is it a function of some statistic or a subjective vote by coaches or someone else? If you can point me to where this is outlined in writing somewhere I that is appreciated too. Thanks in advance for not ripping my head off :)

Comment

New to girls HS soccer this year.. can someone give me any idea of the criteria for a girl winning or being names, All State All Conference and other HS honors of this type etc? Is it a function of some statistic or a subjective vote by coaches or someone else? If you can point me to where this is outlined in writing somewhere I that is appreciated too. Thanks in advance for not ripping my head off :)
                      coaches within a conference vote for all-conference. from those chosen usually the top 2 maybe 3 get all state. from there all coaches vote on all new england status (but at this level coaches are going off of another's word)... so these selections aren't effected by class tournament shifts.

Comment

coaches within a conference vote for all-conference. from those chosen usually the top 2 maybe 3 get all state. from there all coaches vote on all new england status (but at this level coaches are going off of another's word)... so these selections aren't effected by class tournament shifts.
                        Thanks. For LL, with about 40 teams, roughly how many girls can be voted be "all-conference" each year?

Comment

Thanks. For LL, with about 40 teams, roughly how many girls can be voted be "all-conference" each year?
                          so you didn't understand what i wrote... conferences are groups schools typically in a close geographical area like the CCC, ECC, NWC, FCIAC...

LL, L, M, S = class (relate to size of the school)

a specific class doesn't limit the number of all conference, the conferences will dictate...

in theory there could be 100 all conferences who happen to play in LL tournament, or there could be 0.

Comment

All conference selections are not affected by the class tournament shifts, but all state selections are. Each class usually gets the same number of selections (usually 22). The more good teams in a class, the harder it is to make all state. Making LL all-state this coming year will be brutal unless they increase the number of slots. 9 girls from St Joes, Suffield and NWC made all State last year. If those schools were in Class LL last year, 9 girls (of a set of 31) that made all state last year would not have.

Comment

All conference selections are not affected by the class tournament shifts, but all state selections are. Each class usually gets the same number of selections (usually 22). The more good teams in a class, the harder it is to make all state. Making LL all-state this coming year will be brutal unless they increase the number of slots. 9 girls from St Joes, Suffield and NWC made all State last year. If those schools were in Class LL last year, 9 girls (of a set of 31) that made all state last year would not have.
                              it doesn't matter in the end, it's what you do with your club that matters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X