Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That was how the op themselves referred to their daughter.
    Completely agree. Never hear that term anymore other than to name where to play on the field.

Comment

Are you nuts? Behind the curve. 2023's are not even in high school. College coaches are happy at the new timeline. A lot can happen physically and mentally between the end of eighth grade and the end of sophomore year.
      Grow the f up will you and quite playing games with other people's lives. We all get you hate early recruiting but don't feed people lies that potentially could screw them up. You haven't the first clue what you are talking about. If that guy's daughter is a top level player (or a 10 as they wrote) then he should be well down the road with his daughter's recruiting process because that 10 designation actually means is that she is in the first group of players that will be committed. Just last year with the age group 1 year older that group was already committing at this point. Do honestly think the ACC coaches are going to sit on their thumbs for a couple of years? Don't be naïve. He needs to needs to get out in front of things like yesterday.

Comment

Hi all, OP from #183 post.

@#184 post. Good kick in the teeth. Thanks. I think I need to have
        a clear conversation with the coach and doc about this. I didn't
        want to seem too arrogant or pushy about my little "Mia", but she has
        the creds to back it up. You are right about surgical strikes instead of
        carpet bombing. Fit, grades, need, etc have to add up. I thought
        being at the regional odp and csp level would be enough.
        So, if understand this correctly, the club should know the projection
        ranking where my dd can be an impact player at 14 years old and beyond.
        It's my mentality that I need to change. This probably goes for my dd also.
        This is for keeps and I need to drive it. Thanks.

@#190 post. Yes, girls were nice and fun off the field, but on the field.
        Good experience for her and sort of changed her mentality about soccer.
        She would rather practice and play with the regional pool everyday versus
        her club team.

@#194. The coach and doc called her the 10, not me. They are older
        coaches, so these terms have meaning to them.

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated!

Comment

Hi all, OP from #183 post.
          @#190 post.
          She would rather practice and play with the regional pool everyday versus
          her club team.
          So this is an interesting statement. Combine above with previous statements about revisiting things with DOC/Coach and it seems like your D isn’t being challenged and you have doubts.
          Are you sure you are with right club?

You said you are not from here so no need for anyone to promote nor defend a specific club, but you and she need to have confidence that the club can provide the platform and connections to get her where she wants to play.

Comment

I posted 184(185). First off what your daughter needs to do is focus every single about getting better than she was the day before. You need to fully grasp that where she sound headed, no one takes a day off. If she wants to actually see the field she needs to match the work rate of a college player and become the very best player she can become. My kid missed proms, family vacations, you name it. It is insane but if your daughter isn’t prepared to pay such a steep price you should scale back the expectations because she won’t make it at the top level. Sorry to be so cold but that’s the truth. Big suggestions get her playing against college kids NOW. Pick up games, summer leagues, whatever you can find. The speed of play at the club soccer level is too slow and won’t prepare her to make a successful jump to a high level college program. Then, you need to get your act in gear and stop acting like a gawking parent. Seriously who gives a crap sees you as an arrogant parent, you have the best kid on the block and as such you both have much different needs that have to met. This isn’t a popularity contest. The other families already hate you (jealousy is an ugly thing) and your kid because all the coaches cater to you. You can’t worry about them. Once you leave club soccer behind you’ll never see them again anyways. Ain’t no reunions. You are your daughter’s business agent so you had better figure real quick what you have as a player and what you need to do in order to maximize her college opportunities. Don’t f**k it up.

Comment

I posted 184(185). First off what your daughter needs to do is focus every single about getting better than she was the day before. You need to fully grasp that where she sound headed, no one takes a day off. If she wants to actually see the field she needs to match the work rate of a college player and become the very best player she can become. My kid missed proms, family vacations, you name it. It is insane but if your daughter isn’t prepared to pay such a steep price you should scale back the expectations because she won’t make it at the top level. Sorry to be so cold but that’s the truth. Big suggestions get her playing against college kids NOW. Pick up games, summer leagues, whatever you can find. The speed of play at the club soccer level is too slow and won’t prepare her to make a successful jump to a high level college program. Then, you need to get your act in gear and stop acting like a gawking parent. Seriously who gives a crap sees you as an arrogant parent, you have the best kid on the block and as such you both have much different needs that have to met. This isn’t a popularity contest. The other families already hate you (jealousy is an ugly thing) and your kid because all the coaches cater to you. You can’t worry about them. Once you leave club soccer behind you’ll never see them again anyways. Ain’t no reunions. You are your daughter’s business agent so you had better figure real quick what you have as a player and what you need to do in order to maximize her college opportunities. Don’t f**k it up.
              For girls its easy, just go to your town boys u13 team and ask to play with them. They will be more than she can handle.

Comment

Speed is about right but the physicality is not the same plus boys that are very immature and often can’t handle playing with girls so they won’t pass to them.

Comment

This one is a real gem.

It's your child's path. All the training won't do anything if they don't have the inner drive. As a parent you should guide and help find them the right opportunities, but only if they want them.

Comment

OP from #183 post.

@ #200 post. I hear ya. The club and coach are really accommodating
                    to her. She gets to train with the top boys and train up with the girls.
                    I can handle the parents, so not a biggie. I need to rethink my role with
                    management and get what she needs from them. The key point is how
                    much does she want it. Good discussion. Thanks.

@ #201, #202 posts. She is from a huge club. She trains with the
                    top boys teams and trains up with the top girls teams.
                    This does not happen unless the coaches allow it on both sides.
                    Meaning she is good enough not to disrupt the team and can be
                    an effective member. Yes, they do pass to her and include her.
                    Boys know if the coach allows her to play with them means she is good
                    enough to play with them.

Comment

OP from #183 post.

@ #200 post. I hear ya. The club and coach are really accommodating
                      to her. She gets to train with the top boys and train up with the girls.
                      I can handle the parents, so not a biggie. I need to rethink my role with
                      management and get what she needs from them. The key point is how
                      much does she want it. Good discussion. Thanks.

@ #201, #202 posts. She is from a huge club. She trains with the
                      top boys teams and trains up with the top girls teams.
                      This does not happen unless the coaches allow it on both sides.
                      Meaning she is good enough not to disrupt the team and can be
                      an effective member. Yes, they do pass to her and include her.
                      Boys know if the coach allows her to play with them means she is good
                      enough to play with them.
                      Sounds like you won the soccer lottery. Your dd is one of the few elite talents so the colleges will come to her. The top talent is always on the college coach’s radar and she will likely have her pick of schools. Congratulations and good luck to her!

Comment

Sounds like you won the soccer lottery. Your dd is one of the few elite talents so the colleges will come to her. The top talent is always on the college coach’s radar and she will likely have her pick of schools. Congratulations and good luck to her!
                        Thank you for the kind words. But, relatively, she is not an elite talent.
                        She is very good and hopefully, she can develop into a better player.
                        Not false modesty or arrogance, but when I see 4 girls from one team
                        being committed as freshmen to a top Pac-12 team. That is elite.
                        I want to keep my dd and my expectations grounded. So, targeting and
                        getting honest feedback from the club are crucial. Thank you all for
                        commenting! Good luck to all!

Comment

Back to 2021s. What are others hearing/seeing?
                          We are hearing "you're my girl" statements and request
                          to schedule official visits. Saying offers after visit but no offers post 6/15

Comment

Don't you think it's best to wait for official visits to see if both sides like each other? Call me crazy but I think it is. Patience grasshopper.

Comment

Don't you think it's best to wait for official visits to see if both sides like each other? Call me crazy but I think it is. Patience grasshopper.
                              It makes perfect sense. So much so that I was wondering if any were trying to jump it and prevent a "good date".at another school

Comment

We are well past 6/15. Confused. Are you saying you were told to visit and went but didn’t get the offer?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X