RCL is dead !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None. It’s Terry Fischer’s and RCL Clubs egos. Gunners would move to WYS if Terry and Eastside would sign off.

Comment

Have to imagine ASE would fit too. No reason, other than adult interests, that they can’t play each other locally instead of driving over the mountains for league play. RCL is going to “exclusivity” itself out of existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        If a handful of clubs with "balls" would agree to bypass WYS, PSPL, ECNL, DA, US Club and US Youth Soccer and instead work together on a single statewide competitive league with promotion and relegation, soccer in Washington would greatly improve. Grab good clubs from both the WYS and and PSPL and make it work. Crossfire, Wash Premiere, Gunners, Eagleclaw, PacNW, Celtic, Snohomish...others... Create a single non-profit company to run the league where each club is a member with voting rights. Any club with at least 2-3 teams can join. No club can block another club from joining. One vote per club. Members vote on big issues (i.e. expansion, member qualifications, significant rule changes, board/President compensation, etc.) Board and President handles everything else. Members elect board members. Board members cannot be coaches or executives of any club. Board members elect a league president. League president cannot be a coach or executive of any club. League gets a contract with an insurance company to provide the secondary health insurance. A separate contract is entered into with another company to handle player cards and age/birth date certification. The insurance contract and the player age/birth date certification are two separate contracts - in others words, one company cannot control insurance and player cards.

No fees paid to the league other than team fees. League pays the insurance premiums directly to insurer and pays the fees of the company handling player cards. Keep bureaucracy to minimum.

League operates as a disruptive force to break the status quo. League has 5 regions (Olympic, Puget Sound, East, South, North), each region has a boys league and a girls league, each league has 4 Divisions, Each Division has sub-divisions.

The League cannot form additional competitions - its the end of league chasing. Teams are focused simply on doing their best in their subdivision and getting to the highest

Teams must earn their place in a division and there is true promotion/relegation. No territorial/geographic monopolies. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT: The league affiliates DIRECTLY with US Soccer to bypass the USYS/US Club/AYSO insurance/player card racket.

Imagine such a league being the template for every other state!

Which clubs in this state have the cojones to lead this effort and do something important?
        It’s already being done, it’s called encl. you weren’t invited

Comment

It’s already being done, it’s called encl. you weren’t invited
          The funniest thing is that US Club didn’t invite Gunners to ECNL! Bahaha!

Comment

Winner of PCPL and winner of ECNL go to same national final . Where RCL winner go?

Comment

Winner of PCPL and winner of ECNL go to same national final . Where RCL winner go?
              https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/tournaments/

Comment

Ok, someone explain to me the world outside of ECNL/DA. What is the
                National League? I saw the college coaches list, so I am assuming they
                are attending this league. Not a google search definition, but how is this
                helping your kid play in college? I assume they are being recruited
                from your club. Thanks.

Comment

Who cares about college ? Rcl and pspl are so low level they will be playing for some backwater college in Dakota if they are lucky . Concentrate at school and treat soccer as a hobby . My sons team had a tournament this week that he didn’t want to play in as the fun has been sucked out of his enjoyment . He’s 11 !!!

Comment

RCL has college recruitment avenues where as pspl has ...... ?

Comment

RCL has college recruitment avenues where as pspl has ...... ?
                      Our experience is that RCL has few college recruitment opportunities. If you have it, it is completely due to the coach you have. Some coaches have a lot of contacts and A team players get recruited. Others do not and no one gets recruited or very few get a look (look at Seattle United Copa)

I think at the younger ages, RCL has a lot of Coach confirmation bias against players...with size being the dominate factor of which team you get on. Technical and fast players will be left of B and C teams in favor of the larger players. PSPL does not have this problem...perhaps mostly due to the fact they have a smaller player pool. But for smaller players that have not hit their stride yet, PSPL is a good place to play, train and perhaps reach a higher level of play than they would in RCL. This is true from U8 to U14. If you can't play on an RCL A team, a PSPL A team can be better than the RCL B team. The is doubly true for players stuck on RCL C teams or Select.

U15 and up...those players that left for PSPL got a lot better and now they are coming back into RCL around U15 and U16 with the top players getting into ECNL. PSPL academy for all it's flaws is more inclusive, has more practices and goes to more tournaments than EPD. The ECNL teams take also take on quite a few PSPL academy players over RCL players. I saw this at many tryouts over the last four years. The WPFC ECNL teams usually have 1/2 of their players from PSPL.

Being in an RCL league or team does not mean you will be in ECNL or recruited. You do get more visibility which is great for good players. Likewise, being in PSPL doesn't limit a players chances of moving up. On the contrary, they are getting the starts and touches that will bring them to the level of the top RCL players or even higher.

Comment

Boys or Girls

The RCL is very much a relevant league for the boys. Simple it is Boys DA as the top league for the boys, then RCL (National League opportunity). PSPL is about equal to the third level of the RCL

On the girls it is the ENCL then RCL then PSPL but the PSPL for the girls at the older ages is way off the RCL mark.

Comment

The Gunners have had 29 college commitments over the last three years. You don’t have to be a big bad RCL to get kids into college if that’s there goal. All levels of college as well.

Comment

The Gunners have had 29 college commitments over the last three years. You don’t have to be a big bad RCL to get kids into college if that’s there goal. All levels of college as well.
                            29 is not a bad number, but how many if any were D1 schools? Also compare the 29 number with an equally size/priced RCL club. The RCL club might be double?

Comment

29 is not a bad number, but how many if any were D1 schools? Also compare the 29 number with an equally size/priced RCL club. The RCL club might be double?
                              https://www.iscgunners.org/college-commitments

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2532846]The RCL is very much a relevant league for the boys. Simple it is Boys DA as the top league for the boys, then RCL (National League opportunity). PSPL is about equal to the third level of the RCL

Boys premier PSPL team may lose to Crosfire firs team. That it. All other teams same level. I watched many games RCL and PSPL and can see. I am talking about first teams. We usually will beat all second and third RCL teams, because thay not thet big. My son used to play lake Gues player with Federal Way blue team and he was a good . Do not tell me your fantastic dream.
                                I never wanted my son to play RCL. Why? To pay three times more? I told before: only different between those leages - larger clubs. And thay select more physical and larger boys to win game now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X