Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There were 40 head to head ECNL/GDA games in Silverlakes alone. That's plenty large enough of a sample size to draw the conclusion that GDA got worked. Math doesn't seem to be your strong point.
    40 head to head matches in one Cali tournament. Is all you can cling to carry you through the nightmare that won't end?

I'm sorry I had no idea how desperate and scared you were, my apologies.

Take those 40 matches as your salvation for a brighter future.

Since the math required to figure out who runs Soccer in this country doesn't come inside your now empty bottle of Olde English 40. Enjoy the quick buzz and the morning after.

Sweet Dreams.

Comment

Excuses, Excuses. You Thorns guys have been beating the drum all year long about GDA being the "Top" league. Now when the rubber meets the road in real games pitting GDA vs. ECNL teams that swung ECNL's way, that's the best argument you got? I'll leave you a quote from one of the SoCal guys:

"And while we're at it, here's a couple of other data points for you. According to this RPI calculation, the #6(Legends) and #8(Seattle Reign) 2004 teams were at Silverlakes two weekend ago and both played 3 games against ECNL teams. http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/2...-8#post-204599

Legends 2004 DA was 1-1-1 against ECNL teams.
      Reign 2004 DA was 0-2-1 against ECNL teams.

These two top 10 ranked DA teams combined for a grand total of ONE win in 6 games versus ECNL. Let that sink in."

Top league in the country, my azz. HAHAHA!
      Not part of this argument of who are the best clubs in so cal on the Talking Soccer Oregon sit, but just for the record USYS and US Club have leagues.

US Soccer has a platform called the DA.

Comment

40 head to head matches in one Cali tournament. Is all you can cling to carry you through the nightmare that won't end?

Since the math required to figure out who runs Soccer in this country doesn't come inside your now empty bottle of Olde English 40. Enjoy the quick buzz and the morning after.

Sweet Dreams.
        Nightmare? Desperate? Scared? Salvation? Brighter future? Using all of those depressing, apocalyptic words in a debate about girls soccer results. LOL. The reality that your kid plays for one of the worst(if not THE worst) clubs in a second rate platform/league must be hitting you real hard. Cheers!

Comment

This year it’s probably 7% of top players in gda. That’s not bad considering the high school ban.
          Is that nation wide or just in Oregon?

Comment

Sweet Dreams.
            SoCal is supposed to be the golden orb of GDA, yet the region's top club is leaving and clubs did not perform well against other competition. The optics are not good, not at all.

Comment

SoCal is supposed to be the golden orb of GDA, yet the region's top club is leaving and clubs did not perform well against other competition. The optics are not good, not at all.
              I just took a quick peek this fine AM did So.Cal users hack the site again, dang malware. Moderator please.

Comment

Results Matter

I am the OP who started this thread. If you look way back to the beginning, my initial point was that US soccer was choosing national teams comprised 99.9% of GDA players, and trumpeting that fact, sending the not so subtle message that if you want any chance of getting near a national team, better toe the line and join GDA. This is unethical and a direct attempt to destroy a business rival (ECNL).

The u20 national team roster is a perfect example of this:

"The USA roster is made up of 16 current collegiate players and five youth club players who will enter college this fall. All five competed in the recently-completed first season of the US Soccer Girls Development Academy."

Today, this team got knocked out of the u20 World Cup. Results matter.

Now here's the announcement about the u15 national team:

"All but one of the players on the US roster played in the recently completed first season of the US Soccer Girls Development Academy."

Recently, this team lost to Portugal in the finals of the Concacaf u15 championship. Portugal. Let that sink in.

Results matter. There are two elite platforms who are competing for the best players in the nation. Rather than compete by putting a quality product forward, one of them is choosing to use our national team roster spots as bait to lure players away from the other one. This is grossly unethical and those of you who are still supporting it are fools. Period end of story.

Comment

I am the OP who started this thread. If you look way back to the beginning, my initial point was that US soccer was choosing national teams comprised 99.9% of GDA players, and trumpeting that fact, sending the not so subtle message that if you want any chance of getting near a national team, better toe the line and join GDA. This is unethical and a direct attempt to destroy a business rival (ECNL).

"The USA roster is made up of 16 current collegiate players and five youth club players who will enter college this fall. All five competed in the recently-completed first season of the US Soccer Girls Development Academy."

"All but one of the players on the US roster played in the recently completed first season of the US Soccer Girls Development Academy."

Recently, this team lost to Portugal in the finals of the Concacaf u15 championship. Portugal. Let that sink in.

Results matter. There are two elite platforms who are competing for the best players in the nation. Rather than compete by putting a quality product forward, one of them is choosing to use our national team roster spots as bait to lure players away from the other one. This is grossly unethical and those of you who are still supporting it are fools. Period end of story.
                  And in the semifinal of the tournament, the ONLY ECNL kid on the entire team scored 2 of the 3 US goals. The ECNL kid doubled up GDA's output all by herself. USSF is really shooting themselves in the foot with this practice.

Comment

There were 40 head to head ECNL/GDA games in Silverlakes alone. That's plenty large enough of a sample size to draw the conclusion that GDA got worked. Math doesn't seem to be your strong point.
                    ECNL is top tier. GDA is 2nd or 3rd tier.

Comment

Fwiw, the u15s later beat Portugal in a rematch and are now in the finals, and both teams have an unusual number of players playing up.

I agree this is a concern, but back when you all were boasting about "NCAA coaches" advising girls to switch to ECNL for the "faster speed of play", you had no problem with this sort of pressure. Sauce, goose, gander.

In practice, most of the U15s came from a handful of power clubs that the two entities have been fighting over, and which were ECNL before last season. Is it the strongest team the US could have taken? Who knows?

Comment

"NCAA coaches" advising girls to switch to ECNL for the "faster speed of play", you had no problem with this sort of pressure.
                        You can’t really argue that.

Comment

Is it possible Portugal is using the same training methods for it's women's program as it uses for it's highly successful men's program? We've enjoyed dominating women's soccer because half of all women players in the world were in the US. Other countries are starting to care about women's soccer and they're using highly successful men's platforms to build their national teams. Those platforms don't look anything like ECNL travel leagues where showcasing is more important than actual development. The amount of training our players get is a joke compared to what real power soccer countries provide their players in both the men's and women's side. The days of getting by with bigger and faster are over as more skilled players are moving up through the ranks around the world.

Comment

I just took a quick peek this fine AM did So.Cal users hack the site again, dang malware. Moderator please.
                            socal rules all bro; suckit if you can't accept it

Comment

Is it possible Portugal is using the same training methods for it's women's program as it uses for it's highly successful men's program? We've enjoyed dominating women's soccer because half of all women players in the world were in the US. Other countries are starting to care about women's soccer and they're using highly successful men's platforms to build their national teams. Those platforms don't look anything like ECNL travel leagues where showcasing is more important than actual development. The amount of training our players get is a joke compared to what real power soccer countries provide their players in both the men's and women's side. The days of getting by with bigger and faster are over as more skilled players are moving up through the ranks around the world.
                              Bigger,stronger,faster,and more aggressive US U20 Women's team could not beat the smaller, slower, weaker, and less aggressive Spain nor Japan. Thus, out of the World Cup after pool play. Really sad.Why?

Comment

Bigger,stronger,faster,and more aggressive US U20 Women's team could not beat the smaller, slower, weaker, and less aggressive Spain nor Japan. Thus, out of the World Cup after pool play. Really sad.Why?
                                Team mainly former ECNL players. Of course, the ECNL honks will try and blame the five high school girls from the GDA that were playing up... but we all saw what happened. Tried to play bootball against more technical sides, and got beat.

In the U15 girls tournament, the US just defeated Mexico 3-0 in the final.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X