X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wait a minute, are you saying a club whose-
    -U12 and U14 teams sit in dead last place in their league with 1 win each and both recording losses in the double digits. Not to mention they can't even field a 2nd team at U12, when every other club does.
    -U13 and U16 teams sit in the bottom third of their league (on a good week they can climb all the way to 7 out of 10) and are frequently sent home winless from any decent tournament
    -U17 is mediocre at best grasping at .500 with every ounce of fight they have

isn't what USSF had in mind when they launched their prestigious "development academy" for girls????

To their credit, MSC has a decent U15 team. I guess that's enough to satisfy "the vision"...
    Lol, what a joke! At least Fury has some solid players, maybe LI won't be completely humiliated in this new league.
    If we are discussing rumors, Fury deserves equal time.

Comment

The first year, if not the first two years of the GDA is going to have many member clubs scrambling to build teams. If LISC really did partner with Massapequa they would not be alone in rebranding existing teams in order to field.
      It's one thing to take your own club and rebrand it GDA. It's quite another thing to go to another club and rebrand that GDA

Let alone combining with another club after tryouts are almost over. What happens to the Massapequa girls who want to play high school. It's a little late for them.

That's a marriage of convenience which hardly ever works out

Comment

It's one thing to take your own club and rebrand it GDA. It's quite another thing to go to another club and rebrand that GDA

Let alone combining with another club after tryouts are almost over. What happens to the Massapequa girls who want to play high school. It's a little late for them.

That's a marriage of convenience which hardly ever works out
        So was anyone there? How was the turnout? Think they have another Wednesday in Garden City.

Comment

So was anyone there? How was the turnout? Think they have another Wednesday in Garden City.
          They are not ready for prime time.

Comment

Any info on the trials for last night at Global in Garden City? I am hearing they are having a frustratingly difficult time attracting players of any decent quality. Seems most girls are deciding ECNL.

Comment

Any info on the trials for last night at Global in Garden City? I am hearing they are having a frustratingly difficult time attracting players of any decent quality. Seems most girls are deciding ECNL.
              Well after reading some of the Mass boards on GDA they too are having issues recruiting to DA. Seems most are staying ECNL...at least in certain areas.

Comment

Well after reading some of the Mass boards on GDA they too are having issues recruiting to DA. Seems most are staying ECNL...at least in certain areas.
                For the older kids the move to DA makes no sense. If they are on a solid established team that is going to showcases and getting them seen by the colleges of their choice, why rock the boat and throw that all away in the last year?

Comment

For the older kids the move to DA makes no sense. If they are on a solid established team that is going to showcases and getting them seen by the colleges of their choice, why rock the boat and throw that all away in the last year?
                  What exactly are you throwing away? More practices, similar group. Im sorry, but parents are clueless. You think winning games matters. Majority by h=this age are solidly aware of where they stand wrt College.

Comment

I think the announcement of Massapequa as a "member" probably hurt this DA more than helped. Despite whatever the real affiliation is, it appears that Massapequa will provide the bulk of the players. A quick search on the quality of their current teams would deter any player looking to play at "the next level".

Comment

What exactly are you throwing away? More practices, similar group. Im sorry, but parents are clueless. You think winning games matters. Majority by h=this age are solidly aware of where they stand wrt College.
                      I'm not talking about winning games. I'm talking about throwing away eyeballs. Established ECNL teams that play in high end showcases are getting college coaches to look at them on a regular basis. Joining a GDA team in it's infancy stands a good chance of you not being seen by anyone the next year or two.

Comment

I'm not talking about winning games. I'm talking about throwing away eyeballs. Established ECNL teams that play in high end showcases are getting college coaches to look at them on a regular basis. Joining a GDA team in it's infancy stands a good chance of you not being seen by anyone the next year or two.
                        No idea how you figure that unless random interest is what you seek. Any candidate for a u18/19 GDA team should already know where she stands. If people are not responsive to coning to watch them play wherever they are, then that is a sign in and of itself.

Comment

No idea how you figure that unless random interest is what you seek. Any candidate for a u18/19 GDA team should already know where she stands. If people are not responsive to coning to watch them play wherever they are, then that is a sign in and of itself.
                          When I said older I was talking U16 and up.

Comment

GDA is a risk taking measure right now unless your kid has committed to a college. ECNL will give you more exposure. I see 69 clubs on website for GDA. I guarantee that number will be much less by Spetember. There is only certain GDA clubs that I would consider right now. The others could be a disaster.

Comment

You ask for info... then you state you have heard info.
                              It's probably best your child stays at their current team.

Comment

When I said older I was talking U16 and up.

High level U16s are already on coaches radar. No harm in doing GDA. The college coaches will
                                follow wherever the talent is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X