Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The GDA is very boring. The whole concept sucks the joy out of the game. Robots.
    Kids wanting to have fun is part of the problem. We need to remove the fun component at younger ages. Soccer should be serious.

Comment

Kids wanting to have fun is part of the problem. We need to remove the fun component at younger ages. Soccer should be serious.
      Having fun and not really playing any quality Soccer is what HS is all about, 12,000 boys and girls across Oregon agree with you. The overwhelming majority of HS players only play in the fall for fun and since it's not a highly competitive HS Sport like Basketball or Baseball they don't get cut and make a team straight off.

The Younger kids don't have school sport soccer so the rec and classic levels provide tons of fun playing in their neighborhoods.

Not sure what you mean by 'serious'? Seriously.

Comment

The USMNT has done a quality job of removing the fun.

Comment

Having fun and not really playing any quality Soccer is what HS is all about, 12,000 boys and girls across Oregon agree with you. The overwhelming majority of HS players only play in the fall for fun and since it's not a highly competitive HS Sport like Basketball or Baseball they don't get cut and make a team straight off.

The Younger kids don't have school sport soccer so the rec and classic levels provide tons of fun playing in their neighborhoods.

Not sure what you mean by 'serious'? Seriously.
          I think you missed out on the sarcasm.

Comment

I think you missed out on the sarcasm.
            Oh, your attempt(s) at sarcasm.

Seriously, missed it.

Just the same ole repetitive schitck.

Comment

Oh, your attempt(s) at sarcasm.

Seriously, missed it.

Just the same ole repetitive schitck.
              It wasn't my attempt, but it looked the the OP was being sarcastic.

Comment

Yes! This. So much this!

Comment

The USMNT has done a quality job of removing the fun.
                  The USMNT is some of the worst soccer I’ve ever seen. Boring dull and uncreative.

Comment

Thorns are not the best in Oregon I concede but they aren’t the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

Thorns are not the best in Oregon I concede but they aren’t the bottom of the barrel.
                      The academy 00/01 team is one of the top teams in the state but the rest are mid pack at best.

Comment

Top five at least.

Comment

The academy 00/01 team is one of the top teams in the state but the rest are mid pack at best.
                          Correct.

Comment

Correct.
                            Top 5-10 for sure.

Comment

Top 5-10 for sure.
                              True for the 02/03 team and younger but the 00/01 team is one of the top teams in the state.

Comment

True for the 02/03 team and younger but the 00/01 team is one of the top teams in the state.
                                Lol sure they are.

Thorns are broken

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X