X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst parent admins

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Adds up to a few hours a week, at most. Arranging for some travel, being a resource to answer dumb questions, maybe a meal or two. Passing the hate for a charity the club runs.

It's called "volunteer" for a reason. No expectation to get anything in return. Any extra trainings my kid is offered she is offered them based on merit.

Those who volunteer, then try to lay the guilt trip on everyone else are just martyrs. No need for them. You'd be better off just stepping aside if it makes you so irritable.
    lmao!!!!!!sounds more like you are making yourself to be the martyr!!!!!

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Says the one complaining about the "volunteering" they do.

I make no complaints. Except for those trying to work an angle because they need to mow the lawn in front of their undeserving kid....

Comment

Worst parent admins

Says the one complaining about the "volunteering" they do.

I make no complaints. Except for those trying to work an angle because they need to mow the lawn in front of their undeserving kid....
          i don't recall anyone here was complaining about volunteering....I do recall people like you complaining about other people here that are volunteering!!!!!

Comment

i don't recall anyone here was complaining about volunteering....I do recall people like you complaining about other people here that are volunteering!!!!!
            Nope, not complaining about the volunteering. I am doing it as well.

I'm not doing it to leverage my kid who is incapable otherwise.

Comment

Worst parent admins

hence the martyr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....mother fkg teresa right here!!!!

Comment

hence the martyr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....mother fkg teresa right here!!!!
                I don't think you understand what the word mean. When you do something supposedly magnanimous, then leverage it by telling everyone how hard you work, expect something in return, that's a martyr.

When you do something supposedly magnanimous, say it's not a lot of work and expect nothing in return...that's not.

How'd the new lawnmower purchase go?

Comment

Worst parent admins

I don't think you understand what the word mean. When you do something supposedly magnanimous, then leverage it by telling everyone how hard you work, expect something in return, that's a martyr.

When you do something supposedly magnanimous, say it's not a lot of work and expect nothing in return...that's not.

How'd the new lawnmower purchase go?

The definition of a martyr is a person who is killed because of his beliefs (especially religious beliefs), or a person who exaggerates his sacrifice to get sympathy (sounds like you).

you can take your lawnmower....turn it sideways and shove it straight up your candy ass!!!!

Comment

Another kid being allowed to also practice with another team is not affecting your kid at all in any way. You are being ridiculous.

Comment

Worst parent admins

Another kid being allowed to also practice with another team is not affecting your kid at all in any way. You are being ridiculous.
                      yea but if the admins kid is doing it than the lawnmower queen gets his pantys in a bunch...lmao!!!!

Comment

yea but if the admins kid is doing it than the lawnmower queen gets his pantys in a bunch...lmao!!!!
                        This thread is moronic. Keep complaining about everything in life, I am sure you always find something to hate on.

The hard part for a coach is when you have a good parent admin and the kid is not up to level. It's really uncomfortable to not play the kid. It's very hard to get parents to step up and help and not be a pain in the ass. Most coaches would like to have a team of orphans so the parents can't get in the way.

Comment

This thread is moronic. Keep complaining about everything in life, I am sure you always find something to hate on.

The hard part for a coach is when you have a good parent admin and the kid is not up to level. It's really uncomfortable to not play the kid. It's very hard to get parents to step up and help and not be a pain in the ass. Most coaches would like to have a team of orphans so the parents can't get in the way.
                          seems like the solution is to make them an admin. All under the guise of "I'm not lazy" which means "I don't trust my own kid" Plus, free BJs

Comment

You mean a team of rich orphans. They certainly don't seem to mind the parents when it is time to fork over the fees.

Comment

Worst parent admins

doesn't the coach decide who gets the job of parent admin? (hopefully there is more than 1 person who wants to help with this position)....if the coach chooses the wrong parent its his fault...obviously a smart coach would not allow a parent to be the admin if the kid is the worst on the team.

Comment

doesn't the coach decide who gets the job of parent admin? (hopefully there is more than 1 person who wants to help with this position)....if the coach chooses the wrong parent its his fault...obviously a smart coach would not allow a parent to be the admin if the kid is the worst on the team.
                                It happens, and it's always a problem. I ask for someone to volunteer, and some years only one kid's parent raises their hand. You take what you can get.

And, yes, once that relationship is built it happens that those parents will be looking for favors. Puts me in a tough spot. We try to provide extra opportunities to those most deserving, but also don't want to deal with the Admin who has a problem. I had to deal with that 2-3 times and they make for a miserable experience for all. So, I throw them a bone to shut them up. I try to still be fair, but when that happens it's hard to treat that kid fairly.

Parents in the way make my job way tougher than it needs to be. The joy I get from coaching kids is taken away by the parent always looking for something.

I never heard the lawn-mower term before but dang, that's a good one. We'll be using that for sure.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X