Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share your Clubs Refund?

Anyone care to share your club's High School level team's club refund policy?

It would be good to know what each club is offering. Maybe it will make a difference with which club you proceed with (esp. considering we will have a phase 2 of Covid).

NEFC - 45% refund to high school club teams with one season (spring)

BAYSIDE - ?

BRUNO - ?

GPS - ?

GPS - $0 and nothing communicated

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      GPS - $0 and nothing communicated
      It can’t be both? So is it $0 or is it nothing has been communicated yet?

Comment

Anyone care to share your club's High School level team's club refund policy?

It would be good to know what each club is offering. Maybe it will make a difference with which club you proceed with (esp. considering we will have a phase 2 of Covid).

NEFC - 45% refund to high school club teams with one season (spring)

BAYSIDE - ?

BRUNO - ?

GPS - ?
        Nefc - 45% cash or to next year?..
        its actually 12% cash from what everyone else has said

Comment

Nefc - 45% cash or to next year?..
          its actually 12% cash from what everyone else has said
          Older players: 45% credit or 22.5% refund (45% refund for graduating seniors)
          Younger players: 25% credit or 12.5% refund

Comment

Okay I am not a coach or club owner but I am going to take a minute to ask parents to stop asking for clubs to reimburse them. Small businesses are struggling as are many families. Clubs aren't at fault and did not suddenly decide to stop training your little prodigy as a matter of fact most of the coaches were likely crushed to not get to play after training all winter and bringing our kids along. The fees for the year are paid up front to referees, facilities, insurance, advertising and coaches. Many coaches worked unpaid offering virtual meetings and practices and some lost their jobs. Posting which club gave back a reimbursement is not going to help you or soccer. Get over it. We all lost something and what is most important are the loss of lives not your money. Move on and support your clubs and coaches. Support each other.

Comment

I didn't ask for a refund, but I appreciate my club's effort and communication. That's all I would expect from my club—their best effort at making up the spring or refunding/crediting the fees, and a transparent explanation of the process and where the money went.

Comment

Okay I am not a coach or club owner but I am going to take a minute to ask parents to stop asking for clubs to reimburse them. Small businesses are struggling as are many families. Clubs aren't at fault and did not suddenly decide to stop training your little prodigy as a matter of fact most of the coaches were likely crushed to not get to play after training all winter and bringing our kids along. The fees for the year are paid up front to referees, facilities, insurance, advertising and coaches. Many coaches worked unpaid offering virtual meetings and practices and some lost their jobs. Posting which club gave back a reimbursement is not going to help you or soccer. Get over it. We all lost something and what is most important are the loss of lives not your money. Move on and support your clubs and coaches. Support each other.
                Hold up. So Club Soccer is the only service that you can charge for and not refund? And a soccer club somehow has the right to keep family's dollars with ZERO reaching out as to whether some of these families have themselves lost their jobs?? Income reduced? etc? Are you kidding? Somehow asking for a refund is un PC? And you have the club's ledgers? You know for a fact these clubs paid all of their coach's part time and all? And all the fields? And what about PPP loans? Do you know which clubs received? Clubs not communicating refund policies is acceptable to you? Are you ok being charged for every other thing that was cancelled or are you just not wanting to risk your "little prodigy's" status? There is nothing wrong with asking for parents to share information. I think that is what this forum is about.

Comment

I don't believe anyone said it is not PC to ask for a refund it's just not supportive. The clubs didn't set out to not finish the season. Some clubs are doing there best to give back a percentage of the spring season others are planning to offer credit or even extra practice and training sessions in the summer or fall. Be loyal and supportive so when this ends there will still be some clubs left standing. And soccer isn't the only business unable to pay people back. The entire wedding industry is struggling to give back deposits they are rebooking for the following year. People have lost out on trips they booked too. When you ask for money back you are not looking at what is involved as a whole to keep a business a float. Listing which clubs can afford to offer money back and which clubs can't is also just another way to put one another down. As we know clubs who are smaller may not have the financial to give back where clubs who are bigger can. Just take your loss and be happy you are alive.

Comment

If a Club isn’t in a financial position to offer credit/refunds, then they need to communicate to their members why that is the case. I could be a lot more forgiving if they are transparent and open up the books. When Stars/NEFC and others are giving back, they as a business need to explain why they can’t if they want support. Saying “get over it” is going to cost you a bunch of future revenue when people leave.

Comment

Okay if your club is saying "get over it", that is a problem. I am not going to name our club out of respect for our club but I know they cannot pay families back, however they have talked to all of us explain gin how the business works and how they intend to offer more trainings and credit towards the fall. We feel our club has been honest about why they cannot return money and we support them. But, if your club can't offer credit or money, they should at least offer a phone call with an explanation of their challenges.

Comment

Talking Soccer

Okay if your club is saying "get over it", that is a problem. I am not going to name our club out of respect for our club but I know they cannot pay families back, however they have talked to all of us explain gin how the business works and how they intend to offer more trainings and credit towards the fall. We feel our club has been honest about why they cannot return money and we support them. But, if your club can't offer credit or money, they should at least offer a phone call with an explanation of their challenges.
                        Would you feel the same way if you payed into your club for years and your kid is a graduating player and you cannot actually use a credit?

Also, if you couldn't pay, if you lost your job, would your club let your kid play for
                        50% of the fee? 25%? What if all the scholarship money was gone? Is this a one way or a two way street for you?

Every club should publish their refund policy and what they are / are not able to refund.
                        And this should not be secretive. There is nothing wrong than comparing what each club can/cannot do. Covid will have a second wave, I'd be very careful what club you sign up for and I'd ask for that refund policy to be spelled out in advance.

Comment

Liverpool 3-season teams (2006>) will receive a 17% credit towards next year.

Liverpool 2-season teams (2005<) will receive a 22% credit towards next year.

Graduating seniors will get a partial refund, unknown amount (likely greater than 2-season team credits above).

No mention of refunds specifically if you are leaving the club, but I expect they will handle it on a case by case basis.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X