Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Cujo, why do you enjoy this forum so much? Seriously.
    It is an amusing diversion for somebody who works 70 hours a week at 2 jobs and plays in a band when I am not working. I really don't spend that much time on the net and most of that time is work related research ie bloomberg.com - gallup.com - and news from boston.com and that is about it. I also enjoy debating people and challenging them to think about things for themselves. Too many people follow the herd, are caught up in the success fastlane, and let social conventions, mores, and standards do the thinking for them.

When somebody writes: Hey my 12 year old kid is going to play D1 college ball my response to them is not "gee that's nice" but "why is that important to you" or "does that really matter?". I have never really ever had much use for the status quo or social conventions. Life is too boring that way. The other thing is I think that it is important for parents to learn from people who have already played the youth sports game and to avoid the same pitfalls and mistakes that we all made.

That is really all there is to it.

Comment

"The other thing is I think that it is important for parents to learn from people who have already played the youth sports game and to avoid the same pitfalls and mistakes that we all made."

Cujo, I think BTDT and perhaps some others would say something similar. I can understand the intent but I don't think the mentor for pitfalls thing works. There is a progression that everyone goes through, and it seems that they have to go through it. Some may figure things out sooner than others, for a variety of reasons (including their kid more clearly than others wasn't going to be good enough), but for the very vast majority you can't truncate their experience. They have to go through it. As just one example, there is no way to convince a parent of a pretty good to really good 12 or 13 year old that ODP may not be worth the time and/or will eventually disappoint. No wise old sage is going to succeed telling Freddie's mother when he was, according to you 17, that she's wasting her time or has her priorities in the wrong place. There's a reason that wisdom comes later in life (for those who actually attain it) and you can't jam wisdom into someone who isn't there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo View Post
        It is an amusing diversion for somebody who works 70 hours a week at 2 jobs and plays in a band when I am not working. I really don't spend that much time on the net and most of that time is work related research ie bloomberg.com - gallup.com - and news from boston.com and that is about it. I also enjoy debating people and challenging them to think about things for themselves. Too many people follow the herd, are caught up in the success fastlane, and let social conventions, mores, and standards do the thinking for them.

When somebody writes: Hey my 12 year old kid is going to play D1 college ball my response to them is not "gee that's nice" but "why is that important to you" or "does that really matter?". I have never really ever had much use for the status quo or social conventions. Life is too boring that way. The other thing is I think that it is important for parents to learn from people who have already played the youth sports game and to avoid the same pitfalls and mistakes that we all made.

That is really all there is to it.
        Amazing how busy you are and can still find time posting to this forum.

Comment

"The other thing is I think that it is important for parents to learn from people who have already played the youth sports game and to avoid the same pitfalls and mistakes that we all made."

Cujo, I think BTDT and perhaps some others would say something similar. I can understand the intent but I don't think the mentor for pitfalls thing works. There is a progression that everyone goes through, and it seems that they have to go through it. Some may figure things out sooner than others, for a variety of reasons (including their kid more clearly than others wasn't going to be good enough), but for the very vast majority you can't truncate their experience. They have to go through it. As just one example, there is no way to convince a parent of a pretty good to really good 12 or 13 year old that ODP may not be worth the time and/or will eventually disappoint. No wise old sage is going to succeed telling Freddie's mother when he was, according to you 17, that she's wasting her time or has her priorities in the wrong place. There's a reason that wisdom comes later in life (for those who actually attain it) and you can't jam wisdom into someone who isn't there yet.
          You're absolutely right. Everyone has a right, and is entitled to the experience, regardless of consequence. How does one know success if one has never failed.

Comment

I agree. But the way I see it - if my advice and experience helps a few people it is worth it.

Comment

Amazing how busy you are and can still find time posting to this forum.
              It is called multi-tasking. I am a hyperactive Gemini with ADD. I don't sleep all that much. It is a waste of time.

Comment

You're absolutely right. Everyone has a right, and is entitled to the experience, regardless of consequence. How does one know success if one has never failed.
                I don't think anyone would argue with that. But on the other hand the concept of mentoring and advisory perspectives have a benefit too. One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results. The same thing can be said of making the same mistakes other people make and not learning when those people offer their advice. That being said - advice is laid out there and people can take or leave it.

Comment

Qpid network

SinkIntoTheSky you

Gator426428 2 shows written 12 days agoLet start out with a keyword rich link for many Arrow record. where relieves walk, i prefer an honest campfire patriot. the businesses effectively in any event, talking about comfort and luxury that will present shooter. in this case whenever referring to decor, you may be able to negotiate a strong arrow puller. at the time starting you will plan to throw large numbers of arrows and that can assist with fretting hand fatigue. you may see if it stand bow sounds best is available a wanting to track (rth) pack. That includes everything required. Then you start to use a better perception of just works for you when you are ready to renovate.

SinkIntoTheSky 2 facts put forward qpid NEtwork 12 days backwards

this can be a RTH set up. ones seller's description it states that they are available in prize shape Whisker cookie, prize ridge 4 pin number vision, prize form backing as well as throw, prize shape 5 arrow quiver, peep look, furthermore nock trap. I without doubt have to rehearse and maybe tweak some things up once I learn the ribbon and what i really like. qpid network i've even more of a gun dude, So qpid NTEWORK I try to become accustomed to them first until I shut an item almost. I present that a majority of correlation a search nowadays, i praise you! 20 difficulties handed in 29 days earlier

it should be recognized, a good many trails observed in the recording is going to be intermediate/advanced stage. you have to wouldn need to have to travel that company when just beginning, or you'll fracture your street bike or entire body.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X