Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuts? Pulled aside/emailed/called or nothing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It all depends on what part of the field the "ball hogging" is going on. When you get into the offensive third, there is not much space to connect passes because the defense is so tight. Coaches encourage creativity in this area, which may seem like selfish play, but they are playing the odds of losing the ball while passing vs. losing the ball while dribbling.
    How about when they do it before they get to the midfield, which our superstar mids and forwards commonly do? The funny thing is that the centerbacks are pretty good too but they play straight ..... at the cost of not developing 1v1 skills .... they should play the exact same so they too can develop .... and if the result is the same as the mids and forwards 9 times out of 10 (with a higher price because no one is covering them), then oh well. What is good for the goose ....

Comment

As for the internationals coming here, even though they are 2x as good as our best, they are really the washouts from the pro system in their home country. A US education paid for largely from scholarships looks very good when they can’t go further in the pro path back home.
      Yes their pro washouts are 2x better than our top players. That's why they get spots here. We're not producing quality players. The few unicorns either go pro here after HS or go abroad to go pro. 10+ years of BDA and we're not making any headway on the international stage; don't expect GDA to be any different. Also some of those players will get picked up MLS clubs; again, foreign rejects getting jobs here over US players. Says a lot, no?

Comment

How about when they do it before they get to the midfield, which our superstar mids and forwards commonly do? The funny thing is that the centerbacks are pretty good too but they play straight ..... at the cost of not developing 1v1 skills .... they should play the exact same so they too can develop .... and if the result is the same as the mids and forwards 9 times out of 10 (with a higher price because no one is covering them), then oh well. What is good for the goose ....
        Ha ha, spoken like a center back's parent! I know this because my son plays CB too. You made me smile.

Comment

Ha ha, spoken like a center back's parent! I know this because my son plays CB too. You made me smile.
          CDM, but same thing in my book!! I honestly feel like my kid is being held back for this reason. He get's yelled at when he takes too many touches, but the stars get "unlucky" or "good try". What a joke!

Comment

CDM, but same thing in my book!! I honestly feel like my kid is being held back for this reason. He get's yelled at when he takes too many touches, but the stars get "unlucky" or "good try". What a joke!
            That's because your kids coach is incompetent. There are very few competent coaches in club soccer. Just because they are an asst coach at a college or they used to play low level Pro/college doesn't make them a good coach. You can always tell the bad coaches because they yell at one kid for one thing and leave the other kids alone. Had a coach this year that is exactly the same...didn't know how to coach. You would laugh at half the crap he said or his game management style.

Comment

It all depends on what part of the field the "ball hogging" is going on. When you get into the offensive third, there is not much space to connect passes because the defense is so tight. Coaches encourage creativity in this area, which may seem like selfish play, but they are playing the odds of losing the ball while passing vs. losing the ball while dribbling.
              Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Comment

Losing the ball, through holding it too long , not having head up and giving passes with no strength and awful first touches can lead up to more losses than wins for sure .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X