• Show
Clear All

Inter Miami player selections

Anyone have the final player rosters

Just a bunch of players who don’t deserve to be there

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Just a bunch of players who don’t deserve to be there
      Listen, I understand that people are disappointed that they didn’t make it, but to say that none of the selected players deserve it either means you’re an ******* who can’t handle rejection or you don’t know soccer

Comment

Congratulations to all who made it! I hope that next year they actually have an “open” tryout. This should be a selection open to all. Not just DA or political relationships.

Comment

Congratulations to all who made it! I hope that next year they actually have an “open” tryout. This should be a selection open to all. Not just DA or political relationships.
          I agree.

Comment

They won’t. They’ve already said they won’t have any type of tryouts next year. They will invite players to come train with the established teams.

Why should it be open to all? And what political relationships are you referring to?

Comment

Try Outs?

To be honest try outs are just going through the motions. First it is a very very limited window of time to view any player let alone 50 to 100 players. There is simply no way to access that way. I sort of agree with the invite players to practice with the team method. That allows coaches to see a player for an extended period of time.

That said it doesn't always work. I know our club got two or three players onto some DA teams through connections. The sad part is that they didn't even send our best players. These kids were like the fourth or fifth best players on the teams. No lie. One kid was legit. But the other two.... meh!

We don't live in a perfect world that is for sure. At the end of the day sadly the only way to continue to rise through the ranks for sure is to be way way better than everyone else so people simply can't ignore you. Because if you are only 10% better than the other kid you won't be on the team unless you are favored.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered-15 View Post
                To be honest try outs are just going through the motions. First it is a very very limited window of time to view any player let alone 50 to 100 players. There is simply no way to access that way. I sort of agree with the invite players to practice with the team method. That allows coaches to see a player for an extended period of time.

That said it doesn't always work. I know our club got two or three players onto some DA teams through connections. The sad part is that they didn't even send our best players. These kids were like the fourth or fifth best players on the teams. No lie. One kid was legit. But the other two.... meh!

We don't live in a perfect world that is for sure. At the end of the day sadly the only way to continue to rise through the ranks for sure is to be way way better than everyone else so people simply can't ignore you. Because if you are only 10% better than the other kid you won't be on the team unless you are favored.
                I 100% agree. Imagine how many great players throughout the state though have not even been looked at. It should not just be DA players. We don’t live near a D.A. so we play FSPL Premier and our son has been very challenged. But no way ha e they seen everyone. Seems like a majority Weston gig with a handful of other D.A. players.

Comment

I 100% agree. Imagine how many great players throughout the state though have not even been looked at. It should not just be DA players. We don’t live near a D.A. so we play FSPL Premier and our son has been very challenged. But no way ha e they seen everyone. Seems like a majority Weston gig with a handful of other D.A. players.
                  Hi, my kid is not currently in DA and he made the team. I don’t believe it’s exclusive to that. I’m sure it depends on the age though. However, they have said that they’ve been scouting since August. If your kid has played and played well in all the major cups and tournaments, they would have reached out to his coach to have him come and try out.

Comment

first they didn't scout anything they didn't have the staff in place to do that
                    second the teams are mostly made of weston kids that played together, you think there just going to toss a bunch of messi out there with no chemistry
                    last they invited DOCs to send there top players over to fill in available spots

On a go fwrd basis they may invite kids over to train with the team to see how they might intergrate. I dont expect that for a least a year. Basically your OUT!! that goes for my kid as well who plays DA but no invite wasn't recomended, why? maybe the club wanted to keep him maybe he wasnt good enough, maybe they didnt like us, god only knows, but we are OUT!! and so are you!

ANd yes there were massive political pressures going on, do you think it was pure? There scrambling to put this thing together with limited staff and no fields. They need to win out of the gates if not these guys doing the selections are in big trouble, so they have to put the teams together with kids who have played together, they did it at every age level.

Comment

second the teams are mostly made of weston kids that played together, you think there just going to toss a bunch of messi out there with no chemistry
                      last they invited DOCs to send there top players over to fill in available spots

On a go fwrd basis they may invite kids over to train with the team to see how they might intergrate. I dont expect that for a least a year. Basically your OUT!! that goes for my kid as well who plays DA but no invite wasn't recomended, why? maybe the club wanted to keep him maybe he wasnt good enough, maybe they didnt like us, god only knows, but we are OUT!! and so are you!

ANd yes there were massive political pressures going on, do you think it was pure? There scrambling to put this thing together with limited staff and no fields. They need to win out of the gates if not these guys doing the selections are in big trouble, so they have to put the teams together with kids who have played together, they did it at every age level.

Spot on! Also you have 1 year to prove yourself because in another year from now MLS DAs will only play each other, and you will never see those kids again on a local basis except from the stands.

Comment

This is a great post. I agree 100 percent. This is how it was done

Comment

This is a great post. I agree 100 percent. This is how it was done
                          Stop whining and get to work.

Comment

Once this wheel starts spinning it will be harder to get in , well deserved for the boys who made it, many players outside DA looked lost, so to think there are many messis out there who didn't get a shot is bs. Good luck to those who made it, and those who didn't continue to work hard .

Comment

You Inter clowns are a F U C K I N G J O K E. You're taking kids that looked silly against my kid ... you saw the "tryouts"...you saw who's who. Go F U C K yourselves!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X