Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CrossFire Oregon

What has been the advantage of CrossFire Oregon?

Is there a relationship with CrossFire in Seattle? I have not seen a benefit. Seattle has a boys DA, girls DA, ECNL. Oregon has a merged ECNL with THUSC.

Does the franchise fee Oregon pays help fund the fully funded girls DA up North ?

What a bad deal this is. CrossFire on the outside looking in.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What has been the advantage of CrossFire Oregon?

Is there a relationship with CrossFire in Seattle? I have not seen a benefit. Seattle has a boys DA, girls DA, ECNL. Oregon has a merged ECNL with THUSC.

Does the franchise fee Oregon pays help fund the fully funded girls DA up North ?

What a bad deal this is. CrossFire on the outside looking in.
    Oregon Crossfire paid $250,000 and got absolutely nothing in return, not even a tee shirt .

Comment

Oregon Crossfire paid $250,000 and got absolutely nothing in return, not even a tee shirt .
      Not good. What do Timbers Alliance teams get from Timbers? How much does Oysa make off letting Timbers run the leagues and cups?

Comment

That is absord 250k ! It is almost laughable!

Beats me how much the Timbers make running leagues and cups. At least they are making money and not giving away 250k ! CrossFire should try running a league or two and make back that money.

The alliance clubs must get something they are building multi million dollar complex’s for the Kids

Wow 250k has to be the worst business deal EVER. It is irresponsible that what that is. Who even makes that kind of blunder?

Comment

That is absord 250k ! It is almost laughable!

Beats me how much the Timbers make running leagues and cups. At least they are making money and not giving away 250k ! CrossFire should try running a league or two and make back that money.

The alliance clubs must get something they are building multi million dollar complex’s for the Kids

Wow 250k has to be the worst business deal EVER. It is irresponsible that what that is. Who even makes that kind of blunder?
          You got totally trolled.

It is $5K, but I don't think Crossfire Oregon gets much out of it anymore. It was originally meant to help get ECNL.

Comment

No way 5K to buy a franchise. I wonder if this a public record. Would love to see the contract. I don't buy the ECNL bit either since they partnered with THUSC.

Comment

You got totally trolled.

It is $5K, but I don't think Crossfire Oregon gets much out of it anymore. It was originally meant to help get ECNL.
              I can tell you that from what I have experienced over the last few years as a XFire parent there is zero interaction with XFire Premier up in Washington.

I don't really care though to be honest. It's not like they try to sell the club based on that affiliation from what I can tell.

Comment

I can tell you that from what I have experienced over the last few years as a XFire parent there is zero interaction with XFire Premier up in Washington.

I don't really care though to be honest. It's not like they try to sell the club based on that affiliation from what I can tell.
                Sorry, then why are the branded Crossfire across the front of their shirts and listed as XF in all of their game listings? Either they have a huge identity crisis or they value the name. I say the former based on your response.

Comment

Sorry, then why are the branded Crossfire across the front of their shirts and listed as XF in all of their game listings? Either they have a huge identity crisis or they value the name. I say the former based on your response.
                  Here’s the deal. I don’t care. My DD plays for an alliance club. I didn’t spend a dime for Crossfire to buy the rights to their name. As a parent of an OYSA player, I do however underwrite a mediocre thorns academy through my increased player card and league fees.

Crossfire can do whatever they want as long as they don’t make me help pay for it. What the alliance did - scamming clubs into joining an alliance where we see absolute no benefits for the alliance patch our kids wear, scamming clubs into encouraging players to participate in a mediocre ODP program (“You go to regional camp! YOU go to regional camp! EVERYBODY goes to regional camp!”) that turned into a yearlong high pressure sales pitch for thorns academy, and scamming clubs into paying higher fees to underwrite the subsidized thorns academy so they can fly thousands of miles to get trounced in one game - that’s a classic example of predatory unethical business practices. We remain part of a TA club purely due to geography but make no mistake - we know exactly what it is.

Comment

Don’t care what you say, frankly. My point is simply that I haven’t witnessed the club openly promoting themselves based on the teams from up north. I guess you could compare / contrast that to Timbers affiliated clubs who do try to leverage their relationship even though no tangible benefits ever reach the actual players on the field.

I am just a parent, not a coach or DOC, so what do I know. But I can say to me there is no value gained from the affiliation and it was in no way a criteria we used in deciding where to play.

Troll on peeps

Comment

Here’s the deal. I don’t care. My DD plays for an alliance club. I didn’t spend a dime for Crossfire to buy the rights to their name. As a parent of an OYSA player, I do however underwrite a mediocre thorns academy through my increased player card and league fees.
                      Obviously, you know nothing about the Timbers' finances. OYSA card fees don't go to the Timbers at all. League fees do, but are being used to pay for the stadium expansion. Beer sales from sections 107, 108, and 109 pay for the Thorns Academy.

(On a more serious note--money is fungible. Claiming that revenue stream A goes entirely to expense item B is ridiculous).

Crossfire can do whatever they want as long as they don’t make me help pay for it. What the alliance did - scamming clubs into joining an alliance where we see absolute no benefits for the alliance patch our kids wear, scamming clubs into encouraging players to participate in a mediocre ODP program (“You go to regional camp! YOU go to regional camp! EVERYBODY goes to regional camp!”) that turned into a yearlong high pressure sales pitch for thorns academy, and scamming clubs into paying higher fees to underwrite the subsidized thorns academy so they can fly thousands of miles to get trounced in one game - that’s a classic example of predatory unethical business practices. We remain part of a TA club purely due to geography but make no mistake - we know exactly what it is.
                      Scamming? Cry me a river.

For some reason, nobody complains much about the Timbers running their boys' and men's academies, or T2--all of which are expense items on the team's ledger. But run a girls' academy, one that enjoys far less of a subsidy than any of the programs for male players--and HOW DARE THEY spend a dime on something that might devalue my DD's club team!!!

I feel a bit sorry for you if you're stuck in Salem or Eugene, and the only alternative to the local Timbers' affiliate is either a rec-level club, or one where the coaching is offered mainly in a language your DD doesn't speak. But if your club's management and/or DoC determines that doing business with Peregrine is good for the club and its members, by playing for that club you are implicitly accepting their judgment on this matter; or at least declaring that it's not important enough for you to take your business elsewhere. Which makes your whining on this subject about as important and useful as the whimpering of a leg-humping chihuahua.

Of course, you're probably actually an ECNL coach or overzealous ECNL parent; nobody else really cares about this garbage.

Comment

No way 5K to buy a franchise. I wonder if this a public record. Would love to see the contract. I don't buy the ECNL bit either since they partnered with THUSC.
                        You should go ask somebody then. They didn't buy a franchise. I guess the story sounds better if you make something up like $250K.

They partnered with THUSC to get more players. The initial ECNL was given to Crossfire Oregon and FC Portland.

Comment

If Crossfire Oregon paid $250k then they are absolute morons and anyone making decisions in that club should fired.

Comment

The player card goes to USYS not the Timbers. The league fees are concerning. The Timbers have raised the fees and I am sure the money does go to the boys and girls DA. Even with that it doesn't cover the cost to run the DA's. I haven't seen the high pressure for the boys or girls academy, in fact it has been the opposite. Clubs don't want to loose players. There is no scam for team joining the alliance, teams can join but operate independent.

Bottom line no club has to belong to Timbers or Thorns leagues. Your club is making the decision it is best to play in the league in that environment. Believe it or not there are other options.

Comment

The player card goes to USYS not the Timbers. The league fees are concerning. The Timbers have raised the fees and I am sure the money does go to the boys and girls DA. Even with that it doesn't cover the cost to run the DA's. I haven't seen the high pressure for the boys or girls academy, in fact it has been the opposite. Clubs don't want to loose players. There is no scam for team joining the alliance, teams can join but operate independent.

Bottom line no club has to belong to Timbers or Thorns leagues. Your club is making the decision it is best to play in the league in that environment. Believe it or not there are other options.

Believe or not there's a contract that was signed and the patch will remain on all kits for more years to come . The snake oil salesman (Peregrine) came around and lots of clubs signed the dotted line and they use the loop hole in the system to make money off of non-profit . Well thought out

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X