Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The GPS team lost to NEFC (which is basically NEFC's DA team). GPS top players weren't at the game...this time of year they travel to the GPS National Team. I don't have a kid on the team.
    Funniest post of the year.

Comment

Just checking in to see how this GPS team that is "Basically their DA team" faired in state cup? Surely they've won the National Title at this point
      There’s a reason none of those boys are on a DA team, or were cut from one. I’m not saying they don’t play DA in their parents’ mind, I’m just saying they don’t actually play DA.

The Revs or Bolts U15 DA teams would smoke this GPS team.

Comment

There’s a reason none of those boys are on a DA team, or were cut from one. I’m not saying they don’t play DA in their parents’ mind, I’m just saying they don’t actually play DA.

The Revs or Bolts U15 DA teams would smoke this GPS team.
        Never said they are equal to a DA team. But I said in comparison it is their DA for GPS because it is their highest level. Never said they would beat a DA team...but they did beat ECNL teams.

Comment

MA Club State Cup finals aren’t until June 1st, but amongst the finalists by far NEFC has the most teams for boys and SSS has the most teams for girls. Second would be Bolts for boys and GPS for girls. Stars has no boys or girls finalists other than U-19 girls. When you see clubs consistently send teams to the finals at each age group, it tells you a lot about the quality of their program.

Comment

MA Club State Cup finals aren’t until June 1st, but amongst the finalists by far NEFC has the most teams for boys and SSS has the most teams for girls. Second would be Bolts for boys and GPS for girls. Stars has no boys or girls finalists other than U-19 girls. When you see clubs consistently send teams to the finals at each age group, it tells you a lot about the quality of their program.
            NEP State Cup Girls
            NEFC teams still playing 4 / 1 team won already= 5
            SSS teams still playing playing 4
            GPS teams still playing 2
            Stars teams won 1

NEP State Cup Boys
            NEFC teams still playing 4
            Bolts teams still playing 3
            GPS has 1 team playing and 1 that has won=2
            Aztec has 1 team still playing and 1 that has won=2
            Liverpool teams still playing 1

Comment

Not really.... you have to look at how many teams a club actually enters. DA teams can't participate and most ECNL teams do not enter due to scheduling issues. One of the few Stars ECNL teams that entered had to forfeit because they were playing league games in Maryland on the day of the state cup game and GPS wouldn't reschedule. I think 4 Stars girls teams actually played games... 2 ended up playing each other in the finals. NEFC entered 12 or 13 girls teams...

Comment

Not really.... you have to look at how many teams a club actually enters. DA teams can't participate and most ECNL teams do not enter due to scheduling issues. One of the few Stars ECNL teams that entered had to forfeit because they were playing league games in Maryland on the day of the state cup game and GPS wouldn't reschedule. I think 4 Stars girls teams actually played games... 2 ended up playing each other in the finals. NEFC entered 12 or 13 girls teams...
                I don’t understand this logic. Are you justifying not showing up as an excuse for not winning? How many teams does Stars have? There must be 10 for each age group. So they sign up a total of 4 teams out of 80 or so teams that have and then hide behind their ECNL teams were unavailable?

Comment

I don’t understand this logic. Are you justifying not showing up as an excuse for not winning? How many teams does Stars have? There must be 10 for each age group. So they sign up a total of 4 teams out of 80 or so teams that have and then hide behind their ECNL teams were unavailable?
                  Their NPL teams did USYS State Cup. Easier to beat NSL and Travel Teams.

Comment

...”When you see clubs consistently send teams to the finals at each age group, it tells you a lot about the quality of their program.” True dat.

Comment

Girls State Cup Finals
                      NEFC NPL
                      SSS AP NPL

U14
                      SSS AP NPL
                      GPS Red Elite NPL

U15
                      SSS AP NPL
                      NEFC West Elite

U16
                      NEFC West Elite
                      SSS AP NPL

U17
                      NEFC NS
                      GPS Red Elite NPL

U18
                      SSS AP NPL - 2
                      NEFC NS - 3

U19
                      Stars NPL - 0
                      Stars ECNL Composite East - 3

Heard from a friend of mine who plays for NEFC NS that SSS had their best 01 players to include their keeper play for the 02 team. These players are 02 but play up on the 01 team to help the 02 age group to win state cup but backfired and lost both the U17 and U18 games to NEFC NS.

Comment

Not sure if I agree with that sentence. It tells you they were able to win games to get there. How did they win due to a few players or team effort. Some of SSS AP NPL teams are only good because of a couple of players that are head and shoulders above their age group. You take a few off like the previous poster said for the U17/U18 age group and they are not as good of a team. Also most of the teams now in State Cup are clubs second or even third teams. If NEFC, Stars and yes even Scorpions put their top teams in these anymore at the older ages they would beat all of SSS AP teams except the 03 team. So just like everything in the world you need to look at in what are the conditions for your comments.

Comment

NEFC NPL 03 has a shot SSS lost to Bayside and tied Seacoast.

Comment

Not sure if I agree with that sentence. It tells you they were able to win games to get there. How did they win due to a few players or team effort. Some of SSS AP NPL teams are only good because of a couple of players that are head and shoulders above their age group. You take a few off like the previous poster said for the U17/U18 age group and they are not as good of a team. Also most of the teams now in State Cup are clubs second or even third teams. If NEFC, Stars and yes even Scorpions put their top teams in these anymore at the older ages they would beat all of SSS AP teams except the 03 team. So just like everything in the world you need to look at in what are the conditions for your comments.
                            Maybe, not sure in all ages though, what this does show is which club has the most depth, some of the teams listed are the clubs top team

Comment

Girls State Cup Finals
                              NEFC NPL
                              SSS AP NPL

U14
                              SSS AP NPL
                              GPS Red Elite NPL

U15
                              SSS AP NPL
                              NEFC West Elite

U16
                              NEFC West Elite
                              SSS AP NPL

U17
                              NEFC NS
                              GPS Red Elite NPL

U18
                              SSS AP NPL - 2
                              NEFC NS - 3

U19
                              Stars NPL - 0
                              Stars ECNL Composite East - 3

Heard from a friend of mine who plays for NEFC NS that SSS had their best 01 players to include their keeper play for the 02 team. These players are 02 but play up on the 01 team to help the 02 age group to win state cup but backfired and lost both the U17 and U18 games to NEFC NS.
                              Did the NEFC teams bring in some ringers? Heard there might of been a da player on the roster from another club.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X