Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Love your twisted logic. Next you’ll say EDP North Atlantic isn’t real and is just a few teams that joined the South Atlantic and so on. And what’s so unusual about clubs committing different teams to different leagues? Happens all the time.
    I think you missed the poster's point. If it's not really a separate New England EDP, and really just joining EDP North Atlantic, that means teams will be traveling much further than they currently are in the NEP.

Comment

I think you missed the poster's point. If it's not really a separate New England EDP, and really just joining EDP North Atlantic, that means teams will be traveling much further than they currently are in the NEP.
      Please tell me which of the clubs they’ve announced that are currently in NEP? Most of these are NSL. Seems some posters have a vested interest in making it sound like the NEP is falling apart when this EDP announcement is all NSL.

And they are announcing 9 clubs joining, which is more than a lot of leagues have already. Not much need to travel when you have 8 competitors within a couple hours drive.

Comment

Love your twisted logic. Next you’ll say EDP North Atlantic isn’t real and is just a few teams that joined the South Atlantic and so on. And what’s so unusual about clubs committing different teams to different leagues? Happens all the time.
        Time to give up. Any team in NEP that is good enough can get into the NPL division, since it's no longer restricted to certain clubs. It would be a rare case for a team in a smaller club to be so good that it consistently crushes all the NPL teams in it's division and needs to travel down to CT & NY for better competition. Such a team can always move up an age bracket in NEP for better competition, but I would bet in most cases the top players on such a team will end up migrating to DA/ECNL, leaving the remainder of the team with good competitive matches in NEP Premiership or NPL.

Comment

Sorry to hear your kid did not make an NEP team.

Comment

No, my point is these new england teams will not be playing/travelling in the new england area, there will be a lot of travelling to NY and CT, so it's not the 'EDP New England' league they originally envisioned.

And no issue with different teams in different leagues, but our of the clubs mentioned in the press release, if there is only one 2002 Boys Team, that team will be exclusively travelling to CT/NY for games.

I would really like there to be a New England regional EDP league, but the approach is all wrong.

Comment

No, my point is these new england teams will not be playing/travelling in the new england area, there will be a lot of travelling to NY and CT, so it's not the 'EDP New England' league they originally envisioned.

And no issue with different teams in different leagues, but our of the clubs mentioned in the press release, if there is only one 2002 Boys Team, that team will be exclusively travelling to CT/NY for games.

I would really like there to be a New England regional EDP league, but the approach is all wrong.
              They announced 9 clubs in New England. That seems like enough local competition to start with for the region. And technically, some parts of CT and NY are considered “New England” are as close a drive as MA is to VT or ME depending on where you live.

Comment

They announced 9 clubs in New England. That seems like enough local competition to start with for the region. And technically, some parts of CT and NY are considered “New England” are as close a drive as MA is to VT or ME depending on where you live.
                Ummmm... CT is actually part of New England. Maybe we need to spend less time on soccer and more time on geography...

Comment

Ummmm... CT is actually part of New England. Maybe we need to spend less time on soccer and more time on geography...
                  " .... will join clubs from Connecticut and New York starting in the Fall of 2019:" .... I think reading comprehension may not be your strongest suit.

Comment

" .... will join clubs from Connecticut and New York starting in the Fall of 2019:" .... I think reading comprehension may not be your strongest suit.
                    "some parts of CT and NY are considered “New England”

Comment

"some parts of CT and NY are considered “New England”

EDP creating a lower their tier league with no pathway??? Stay in NJ.

Comment

Sorry to hear your kid did not make an NEP team.
                        Yours is still a sheeple stuck in Nep, because they will never make it to a higher level da or ecnl. Nep is nothing to brag about.

Comment

9 clubs in New England, but how many teams? I know some of those clubs are only entering one or two teams. If they don't happen to be the same gender/age bracket as the other 8 clubs, then they are irrelevant for travel.

Comment

Clubs in MA have participated in EDP before: Valeo, Abbey Villa, Blazers...

There wasn't any sort of exodus from other leagues then and there won't be now.

Comment

Dragons, AKA Juve, ripped it up at the NESC this weekend! Watch out, we are coming for you!!

Comment

Dragons, AKA Juve, ripped it up at the NESC this weekend! Watch out, we are coming for you!!
                                LOL They are a joke and just stole another GPS coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X