Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Odds are against you but you might make it to the top,play Professional for MLS & make a whopping $30.000 a year.
    That would be really bad, considering the league minimum is double that. Anyway, the players trying to make it pros aren’t comparing salaries of different professions. They’re singularly focused on making it to the next level. Just like someone trying to make it in Special Forces aren’t doing it for a great salary, they’re doing it because it’s their passion and dedication. I’ve always thought it funny when someone says so & so decided not to go pro so they could make more being a lawyer or whatever. Actually, they didn’t decide that, they just chose a more achievable degree/job, because the decision about being a pro player (or rather NOT being a pro) was already made for them.

Comment

That would be really bad, considering the league minimum is double that. Anyway, the players trying to make it pros aren’t comparing salaries of different professions. They’re singularly focused on making it to the next level. Just like someone trying to make it in Special Forces aren’t doing it for a great salary, they’re doing it because it’s their passion and dedication. I’ve always thought it funny when someone says so & so decided not to go pro so they could make more being a lawyer or whatever. Actually, they didn’t decide that, they just chose a more achievable degree/job, because the decision about being a pro player (or rather NOT being a pro) was already made for them.
      Just cos your stupid doesn't mean everyone else is.That's by far the biggest load of bull#hit I've ever read.

Comment

Just cos your stupid doesn't mean everyone else is.That's by far the biggest load of bull#hit I've ever read.
        Right. Says the guy playing shortstop on his weeknight softball team claiming “I could have made it to the majors, because I was a 2-year sub on my high school team, but I really wanted to pursue my Cisco networking certificate so I could work my way up to IT manager.

Comment

You have to be Trolling ,Unless you've been Brainwashed which is very common with the Snowflakes now days.

Comment

You have to be Trolling ,Unless you've been Brainwashed which is very common with the Snowflakes now days.
            I don’t know what the snowflake comment means, but it’s probably the same as the guy who tries to convince himself that working in his cubicle with a suit & tie 9-5 everyday is better than playing pro soccer. He tells everyone he could have went to Europe & played in the Premier league. In reality, he was a sub left back for his high school team, but they won the Conference and went to every home game in college when he didn’t have to fill in as GK on the intramural team. Plus, he watches his kid’s practice a lot.

Comment

FL youth soccer is very good. Big state, but talent is not spread out IMO. The level of talent in boys soccer from Miami to Palm Beach is very good on a national level. This is not to say that boys soccer isn't good in Tampa or Jacksonville, because it is, but the potential in SFL is strong. I just don't think coaching matches talent level of the players.
              The coaching is terrible the kids are talented but are not taught how to play the game.

Comment

Untrue - the discussion really boils down to why Florida isn't keeping pace with many other areas of the country.

The professional soccer players are coming from somewhere but it's certainly not Florida. If this is true (it is), what are the florida clubs doing to improve? The system is VERY broken in Florida
                The Florida players can’t slot in because they have no game awareness, they think dribbling the ball is faster than passing. It’s all about individual flare here, play the game man!!

Comment

I don’t know what the snowflake comment means, but it’s probably the same as the guy who tries to convince himself that working in his cubicle with a suit & tie 9-5 everyday is better than playing pro soccer. He tells everyone he could have went to Europe & played in the Premier league. In reality, he was a sub left back for his high school team, but they won the Conference and went to every home game in college when he didn’t have to fill in as GK on the intramural team. Plus, he watches his kid’s practice a lot.
                  I'm surprised you have the sense to breath in air,oh that's right the body naturally does it for you.Retard.

Comment

The coaching is terrible the kids are talented but are not taught how to play the game.
                    True dat!

Comment

Robin Fraser, Mark Barnett, Chopper Edwards, Henry Gutierrez, Alex Sanchez, Fabian Oliviera, Diego Walsh, Luchi Gonzalez, Orlando Bueso, Brian Japp, Gus Gomez, Jodi Weill, MarK Wolff, Mike Adeyemi, Martin Nunez, Alejandro Melean, Richard Perdomo, John Pulido, Eric Vasquez, Albert Munoz, and Luis Carlos Perea. I am sure I am leaving players off, but these are all players from Miami.

Comment

I'm surprised you have the sense to breath in air,oh that's right the body naturally does it for you.Retard.
                        Must have found the 50 pound overweight guy that can pretty much only breath now. Carrying his chair, umbrella, and hat to the fields is considered his workout for the weekend.

Comment

Zac MacMath
                          Ben Sweat
                          Jeff Attinella
                          Jeff Cunningham (Citrus County!)
                          Mark Chung
                          Kyle Clinton
                          Winston DuBose
                          Eddie Johnson
                          Darnell King
                          Dax McCarty
                          Bruce Savage
                          David Winner
                          Graham Zusi

Instead of getting so upset with your so-called life, maybe this could be brought back to the topic of the post. The abbreviated list above includes really good players all developed in FL. Some of these are legends in the US game. Maybe FL is in a low for the current crop from FL: only 8 current MLS players from FL, and only a couple working their way through the NT set-up, but blaming everyone else, including the coaches, will miss a whole generation of players. If you don’t like the coaching, talk to the player about finding a better coach. If you can recognize the problems with development and style of play, then you should go coach. It STILL comes down to the player to get better. Maybe if they spent more time getting touches on the ball instead of trying to be Fortnight champion we’d see more FL players at the next level.

Comment

Zac MacMath
                            Ben Sweat
                            Jeff Attinella
                            Jeff Cunningham (Citrus County!)
                            Mark Chung
                            Kyle Clinton
                            Winston DuBose
                            Eddie Johnson
                            Darnell King
                            Dax McCarty
                            Bruce Savage
                            David Winner
                            Graham Zusi

Instead of getting so upset with your so-called life, maybe this could be brought back to the topic of the post. The abbreviated list above includes really good players all developed in FL. Some of these are legends in the US game. Maybe FL is in a low for the current crop from FL: only 8 current MLS players from FL, and only a couple working their way through the NT set-up, but blaming everyone else, including the coaches, will miss a whole generation of players. If you don’t like the coaching, talk to the player about finding a better coach. If you can recognize the problems with development and style of play, then you should go coach. It STILL comes down to the player to get better. Maybe if they spent more time getting touches on the ball instead of trying to be Fortnight champion we’d see more FL players at the next level.
                            Florida Fire has a player in Chicago.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X