Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so is everyone's team fully rostered at this point? when are the clubs required to submit their rosters for the approaching season?
    No, there are teams that are still looking. Clubs that had big ideas and made big promises are realizing the talent pool on LI is way too diluted. They’re scrambling.

Comment

No, there are teams that are still looking. Clubs that had big ideas and made big promises are realizing the talent pool on LI is way too diluted. They’re scrambling.
      A lot of teams are scrambling. Take a look at Albertsons teams. Seems every roster is short on the girls side for GDA or EDP. They are going to have some real issues.

Comment

A lot of teams are scrambling. Take a look at Albertsons teams. Seems every roster is short on the girls side for GDA or EDP. They are going to have some real issues.
        tell us how you know about this club in particular? are you a parent of a player there?

Comment

There is no difference between NYCSL and EDP you can adjust rosters right befire gametime as quick as you can print it out and drive to field.

Downside to LIJSL try adding a player to roster and getting a player pass in less than three days unheard of....no worries they will mail it to you or you can come pick it up in 2 or 3 days in ronkonkoma...same process last twenty years...
          Yes and no. With NYCSL you are still supposed to have an "approved" roster before going into your first game and that some times takes a few days to get. However, like EDP, you can add any players from the club with a pass literally minutes before the game starts.

Comment

tell us how you know about this club in particular? are you a parent of a player there?
            Well, for one, the clubs like Long Island SC Academy that are still running paid ad's searching for players have to be short or they wouldn't be spending the money.

SUSA girls NPL for the same reason. Once they got into Northeast NPL they had a whole new set of teams to build that they didn't have and have been advertising like crazy in an attempt to get them.

Comment

Also some teams who have chosen to do State Cups want to get rosters fleshed out so they can have the players available to play in those games. If you miss cut off then players won't be eligible for the entire year.

Comment

Well, for one, the clubs like Long Island SC Academy that are still running paid ad's searching for players have to be short or they wouldn't be spending the money.

SUSA girls NPL for the same reason. Once they got into Northeast NPL they had a whole new set of teams to build that they didn't have and have been advertising like crazy in an attempt to get them.
                Tip for soccer clubs. Ads would be much more effective if they were backed up by solid information likes costs and exactly what is being purchased. This means total costs including all fees and gear and details into what travel will be required to play on the team. Who is the coach and what is their philosophy particularly regarding playing time which is a very big issue on every kid soccer team forever and always. when and where are practices, how large is the roster, etc. Poor communication and incomplete information is not a good way to attract players.

Comment

I know many parents on those teams. My daughter was asked to join. Soccer is my daughters thrid favorite sport, so we are content where we are.

Comment

Yes and no. With NYCSL you are still supposed to have an "approved" roster before going into your first game and that some times takes a few days to get. However, like EDP, you can add any players from the club with a pass literally minutes before the game starts.
                    You can add a player anytime to your NPL approved roster
                    On,y NY Cup rosters are frozen

Comment

Valencia Cf Ny academy can use few more players in U7,U8 and U9 or 10 this is from what i saw and heard.. I might be wrong hate to gjve bad info but hate to see kids not have team. Phone number is on their site.

Comment

Tip for soccer clubs. Ads would be much more effective if they were backed up by solid information likes costs and exactly what is being purchased. This means total costs including all fees and gear and details into what travel will be required to play on the team. Who is the coach and what is their philosophy particularly regarding playing time which is a very big issue on every kid soccer team forever and always. when and where are practices, how large is the roster, etc. Poor communication and incomplete information is not a good way to attract players.
                        Club owners aren't exactly MBAs. They're ex soccer players pretending to be business men. With talent dilution and fewer kids playing, clubs that treat customers right can win the day. The days of slapping together teams and cashing checks are ending. Some clubs won't survive the coming consolidation

Comment

Does anyone know if susa actually has enough players to field 2 npl teams? I know a player (not mine) still looking for a team.

Comment

Is your team fully rostered??

Club owners aren't exactly MBAs. They're ex soccer players pretending to be business men. With talent dilution and fewer kids playing, clubs that treat customers right can win the day. The days of slapping together teams and cashing checks are ending. Some clubs won't survive the coming consolidation

Everyone needs to keep in mind when watching all these great trainers....the reason they are there training your brat kid...is they were not good enough to play for there national teams.

"those who can't do.....teach" is the old saying :)

Comment

Oh stop... Or they just still have a passion for the game !!!!!! I know that's why i still train and just love being out on the field.

Comment

Is your team fully rostered??

Oh stop... Or they just still have a passion for the game !!!!!! I know that's why i still train and just love being out on the field.
                                Of course, we are all olympic hopefulls right? I know I am, will always be. :)

BTW Passion and and making money are completely different topics (if you are passionate about something, you do it for free). Capiesh?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X