Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYCSL didn't get hit too hard by EDP move.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree and can't keep track of all these new leagues and which is best etc.
    Just enjoy watching your child play.. Before you know it they will be hanging up the cleats.
    At this point I just need to know where the game is and what time to be there. There's no need to get in a tizzy about anything else because 1) it doesn't matter 2) next year it just changes again anyway.

Find the best club and training for your kid and don't worry about the league

Comment

EDP is a big commitment for a LI Family. The extensive travel was too taxing on my family. Unfortunately getting off LI is a challenge with all the traffic. So if you don't want to spend hours in the car, play NPL. The talent is very similar but travel is a little less!

Comment

EDP is a big commitment for a LI Family. The extensive travel was too taxing on my family. Unfortunately getting off LI is a challenge with all the traffic. So if you don't want to spend hours in the car, play NPL. The talent is very similar but travel is a little less!
        EDP is making an effort in Premier 3 and lower to all be "local" competition. However, Premier 1/2 might have you driving to the Canadian border.

Comment

That's kind of an odd statement considering the primary feature of NPL is having you play the same exact teams year in and year out.
          oh i am not in love with npl, its just that is where the club plays and it is the best option in our geographic area. I just think if all of the leagues combined we could have better competition with much less extensive travel

Comment

oh i am not in love with npl, its just that is where the club plays and it is the best option in our geographic area. I just think if all of the leagues combined we could have better competition with much less extensive travel
            Realistically, it looks lime EDP Premier 1 & 2 will travel same as NPL if they follow the conference model they have.

Comment

Realistically, it looks lime EDP Premier 1 & 2 will travel same as NPL if they follow the conference model they have.
              You are potentially traveling much further north in EDP, but I don't think any clubs from far north actually signed up so it is only a theoretical problem.

Comment

You are potentially traveling much further north in EDP, but I don't think any clubs from far north actually signed up so it is only a theoretical problem.
                NPL gas NY Elite Albany.....so if EDP has nobody rhat far North a plus already

Comment

EDP North Atlantic has Syracuse ... ugh.

Comment

I know. Ridiculous all this travel fora league that is maybe 3rd/4th best. So stupid.

Comment

Yea that sucks but compated to NPL still less travel if you are a LI team.
                      Npl should be NJPL most teams across the bridges.....SUCKS....
                      There is SUSA and Brentwood abd the boys Surf teams are likeky Westchester based....
                      EDP looking like a more travel friendly and competitive option...

Comment

I know. Ridiculous all this travel fora league that is maybe 3rd/4th best. So stupid.

Too bad US Soccer does not have the balls to issue an edict as follows

Only teams playing in DA can have the word Academy in their name/marketing materials
                        Create standardized tiers naming conventions

Academy DA

Travel Elite or Premier (whatever name)
                        Travel D1 & D2
                        Rec D3-D5

Travel and Rec. has promotion and relegation - one sanctioning body

Comment

That club is an hour north of Albany you don’t know that till you go!!!

Comment

That club is an hour north of Albany you don’t know that till you go!!!
                            Half hour.

Comment

Syracuse is much further than Albany. Have fun with that one.

Comment

Half hour.
                                Agreed 20-30 min. Depending on the fields. My son played npl last 4 years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X