• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hahahahahahahahah-now who’s making **** up. Hahahahaha what a joke
    Look it up, it's black and white.

Comment

Look it up, it's black and white.
      Your program is crap-you know it-we know it-parents who drank the kilo aid for years now know it.

Comment

Your program is crap-you know it-we know it-parents who drank the kilo aid for years now know it.
        It's not my program or my kids but let's at least be honest. Enjoy whatever magical program you're at and be done with it. Although the fact that you took the time to go on line and write a post about a program that you call crap is absolute proof that you know its not crap and in fact, it's more likely that it's a program you are concerned will beat wherever your kid is. Normal people who have a life don't waste time posting about crap programs. If they did, this website would be so jammed up it would shut down. Instead, people post about the few relevant programs on the island.

Comment

or talk about the fact that you need to use Tommy Lipps as a training company. We left because the trainer was substandard, conversations with the board went nowhere and neither with Tommy..... Had to go outside to get appropriate training... they why was I paying all this money to a Town Team???
          so we moved to a program where the training was more organized and professional... and it is a shame because for years we were flag wavers for the Smithtown program when other defected at younger ages.....

The board is bloated with guys who do not want to do anything more than the minimum.... they could be a great town team, I mean great with the talent pool...… they are unfortunately not trying to move the program forward, they are still stuck in the 1990's and think it is ok....

Comment

or talk about the fact that you need to use Tommy Lipps as a training company. We left because the trainer was substandard, conversations with the board went nowhere and neither with Tommy..... Had to go outside to get appropriate training... they why was I paying all this money to a Town Team???
            so we moved to a program where the training was more organized and professional... and it is a shame because for years we were flag wavers for the Smithtown program when other defected at younger ages.....

The board is bloated with guys who do not want to do anything more than the minimum.... they could be a great town team, I mean great with the talent pool...… they are unfortunately not trying to move the program forward, they are still stuck in the 1990's and think it is ok....
            Training at Smithtown is below average-I just recently took my daughter to another club and trainer. From my daughters mouth “I’ve learned more in two weeks than all my years at Smithtown”.

Comment

Smithtown is a mixed bag. The A/B teams get full time trainers that are generally pretty good while the C/D teams are largely parent coached. Then there are the numerous extra camps that for the most part were pretty good when my daughter attended a few of them.

Of course I'm basing that on my experience from about 5 years ago so things could have changed since then. I know that Lips over at Sachem has been an utter disaster.

Comment

What great club did you go to after Smithtown? Every club on long island has both good and bad trainers. No club, and I mean no club, has good trainers top to bottom

Comment

Training at Smithtown is below average-I just recently took my daughter to another club and trainer. From my daughters mouth “I’ve learned more in two weeks than all my years at Smithtown”.
                  wow my son said the same thing about doing a pre-season camp... we moved from Smithtown to Stonybrook. He is doing their preseason camp this week and when I asked him how he liked it and how did it compare to the preseason camps he did with Smithtown. He said it was much more technical and focused, he said at Smithtown(lipps pre season camp) the drills were rushed and he said dumbed down so everyone could do them.... from the mouth of a 13 year old.....

Comment

wow my son said the same thing about doing a pre-season camp... we moved from Smithtown to Stonybrook. He is doing their preseason camp this week and when I asked him how he liked it and how did it compare to the preseason camps he did with Smithtown. He said it was much more technical and focused, he said at Smithtown(lipps pre season camp) the drills were rushed and he said dumbed down so everyone could do them.... from the mouth of a 13 year old.....
                    Parents expected to pay and attend Smithtown (Lips) camp whether they want to or not. Every year it's the same but now seems it is more about the money than the quality of product.

Comment

Parents expected to pay and attend Smithtown (Lips) camp whether they want to or not. Every year it's the same but now seems it is more about the money than the quality of product.
                      All lips cares about is the money that is it.

Comment

All lips cares about is the money that is it.
                        Doesn't this statement describe every single club on long island? You practically need to mortgage your home to pay for SUSA and Fury. Then SUSA has 4 teams in each age group, you think they give a crap about the C and D teams? Of course not, it's solely about the money. And as long as we, long island soccer parents, keep paying it, they'll keep pushing the envelope to suck every last penny out of us. Stop peddling your agenda against one club, they're all the same, and if you think otherwise, you're a fool.

Comment

Doesn't this statement describe every single club on long island? You practically need to mortgage your home to pay for SUSA and Fury. Then SUSA has 4 teams in each age group, you think they give a crap about the C and D teams? Of course not, it's solely about the money. And as long as we, long island soccer parents, keep paying it, they'll keep pushing the envelope to suck every last penny out of us. Stop peddling your agenda against one club, they're all the same, and if you think otherwise, you're a fool.
                          So true

Comment

Well obviously people are putting up with it !

Comment

Well obviously people are putting up with it !
                              If my daughter didn’t go to all of the crap lipps camps she was benched in the summer tournaments-they make you go to the horrible camps instead of training in summer so Tommy can make his money and pay his trainers crap at the camps. This is a fact as many of his trainers say it

Comment

If my daughter didn’t go to all of the crap lipps camps she was benched in the summer tournaments-they make you go to the horrible camps instead of training in summer so Tommy can make his money and pay his trainers crap at the camps. This is a fact as many of his trainers say it
                                But this is every club in every sport. Smithtown is no different than any other club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X