Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    First,
    There is no conspiracy theory. Just read the facts. The schedule is there to look at.
    Second,
    There is nothing about CU's coach being scared and rearranging schedules that would damage her future relationships with teammates.
    So for them to play together you must be bringing your daughter to GPS cause mine is never going to CU. At least while they have a guy in charge that patronized politics, lies to recruit, and hides from competition. Must be tough to keep the lies and promises straight that were made to players last year. I feel sorry for the new recruits. Word of advice, try to find out what promises were made to the others before you jump ship to CU.
    Don't worry. Many left the younger team. We are getting smarter.

Comment

Let me get this straight. Someone from CU 03 comes on here and brags about their results being better than GPS at Surf. A non-ecnl team wins Surf Cup by beating both ecnl and non-ecnl teams. GPS beats said team in the final game to qualify for USYS nationals. Now Surf Cup doesn't matter and all the teams in USYS are 4th tier? I love ecnl circular logic.
      More circular logic:
      They won a consolation game today without there being a qualifying tournament and call it the "national finals", yet the team that won their group and beat them by 5 last weekend in a regional tournament wasn't in these "national finals". Did that other team get into the "intergalactic finals"? They were just too good for planet earth.

Comment

CU ECNL loses to top teams but will settle with the sub par Ecnl teams they play. Just look at their schedule....

They lose to

thorns 05

Eastside 04

GPS 03

Wash t 02

Salmon creek 00

Their 01 team is pretty good but if you ask them they'll tell you they are best in the world.
        None of this happened.

Comment

First,
          There is no conspiracy theory. Just read the facts. The schedule is there to look at.
          Second,
          There is nothing about CU's coach being scared and rearranging schedules that would damage her future relationships with teammates.
          So for them to play together you must be bringing your daughter to GPS cause mine is never going to CU. At least while they have a guy in charge that patronized politics, lies to recruit, and hides from competition. Must be tough to keep the lies and promises straight that were made to players last year. I feel sorry for the new recruits. Word of advice, try to find out what promises were made to the others before you jump ship to CU.
          You are so sad. My kid isn’t even an 03. And when I said your kid might end up playing with CU players I didn’t mean because one kid would jump to the other team. There’s high school and even college play. One of your teams might fold. I know that’s hard for you to fathom right now but the odds of your GPS team still being a powerhouse at u19 are very slim. You may get tired of your coach and go to a completely different team like Thorns. Meanwhile, a CU player might get tired of her coach and go to the same team as your kid. There are many former rivals on the current Thorns 01/02 team. It happens. And all your bluster over an unproven theory about one game is so ridiculous, so embarrassing, and so laughable that if you do end up sharing a sidelines with a former CU parent or two, you should have the self awareness to be really ashamed. But I bet you won’t.

Comment

Finals? Ha ha. Where's the team that put a 5 spot on CU last weekend?
            Name this "5 spot" team that CU lost to last weekend.

Comment

Name this "5 spot" team that CU lost to last weekend.
              They don’t exist because in true TS fashion someone is repeating a lie often until people believe it. The posted scores for CU’s 03 team are:

3/0 win
              6/1 win
              0/2 loss to Dallas Sting
              2/1 win

As is often the case in pool play, a team can have a bad game and still advance. CU’s 03’s did and ended up 3rd in the nation. Not bad for an Oregon team. How did the Oregon GDA teams do in their version of the national finals? We should all be happy when any Oregon team does well. I hope GPS has some good results at their version of nationals. All this talent in one age group, even though it’s not consolidated, is good for Oregon. So quit being a tool and lying about other clubs.

Comment

Maybe three teams

Comment

My take
                  My daughter has friends on the United 03 team. She played with many of them in ODP or in club. She plays for Gps. She is happy where she is at. She likes her team and coach a lot. It is getting really old hearing some people saying they are from CU putting down Gps and others. Vancouver timbers 02 is not 4th tier, Gps 03is not 4th tier, Salmon creek 00 is not 4th tier just because they are not in the same league as Crossfire or FC or Thorns. Just the facts guy/gal is getting old. Truth guy/gal is getting old. If you are offended by other peoples' success, you need to look in the mirror. The facts or truth will be told in the end when they are proceeding in life as young adults. It might be measured in scholarships, it might not. Whoever you are and wherever you are from, putting down others will not make your kid better. Lay off the GPS hate. They have worked hard and beaten some really good teams. No words on this website will take that away.

Comment

CU’s 03’s did and ended up 3rd in the nation. Not bad for an Oregon team. How did the Oregon GDA teams do in their version of the national finals? We should all be happy when any Oregon team does well. I hope GPS has some good results at their version of nationals. All this talent in one age group, even though it’s not consolidated, is good for Oregon. So quit being a tool and lying about other clubs.
                    CU is 1st in the Nation. A Nation all to themselves.

What's this nonsense of being 3rd!!!!

Before the best clubs all over the nation left the US Club league (ecnl) for the DA, CU & FC were lucky to not be down 5 goals prior to halftime in any matchup in a us club (ecnl) showcase or 'league' game.

This isn't rocket science folks.

Reality is USYS hampionships Series is as strong if not stronger than the current iteration of the US Club league comically labeled events, (North America, Champions, Super Duper...)when you consider the standard of the top 50 from each league. Sadly both of these leagues are miles below the DA.

USYS National Championship is a much more established and competitive competition based on sheer volume of teams competing for the title, it's all comers. US Club has it's own Nationals which have become a joke, which are not to be confused with the offshoot US Club (ecnl) post season jamborees that consist of small pools of teams who have been playing for nothing all year. They US Club (ecnl) want so desperately to convince anyone willing to listen they are here to market the girls to college coaches (which has lost all it's flavor now the DA has taken over the landscape and created a separate tier).

The only achievement CU can claim without argument is they are stronger head to head vs another neighborhood club FC P, in the end it's like saying HS Soccer- JV2, JV & Varsity at Southridge is better than Tigard HS.

Which is really impressive.

It's a first, for sure!

Comment

My take
                      My daughter has friends on the United 03 team. She played with many of them in ODP or in club. She plays for Gps. She is happy where she is at. She likes her team and coach a lot. It is getting really old hearing some people saying they are from CU putting down Gps and others. Vancouver timbers 02 is not 4th tier, Gps 03is not 4th tier, Salmon creek 00 is not 4th tier just because they are not in the same league as Crossfire or FC or Thorns. Just the facts guy/gal is getting old. Truth guy/gal is getting old. If you are offended by other peoples' success, you need to look in the mirror. The facts or truth will be told in the end when they are proceeding in life as young adults. It might be measured in scholarships, it might not. Whoever you are and wherever you are from, putting down others will not make your kid better. Lay off the GPS hate. They have worked hard and beaten some really good teams. No words on this website will take that away.
                      Thank you for a level headed post! The over the top negative posts are trolls, I think. Trying to stir the pot and pretend to be from Cu or gps or gda. It’s like one or two crazy people. I think most people are happy for the successes of Oregon teams like gps & Cu 03, ***c 02, Etc. Good luck to all the Oregon girls playing soccer. Yours will go far with sane parents!

Comment

CU is 1st in the Nation. A Nation all to themselves.

What's this nonsense of being 3rd!!!!

Before the best clubs all over the nation left the US Club league (ecnl) for the DA, CU & FC were lucky to not be down 5 goals prior to halftime in any matchup in a us club (ecnl) showcase or 'league' game.

This isn't rocket science folks.

Reality is USYS hampionships Series is as strong if not stronger than the current iteration of the US Club league comically labeled events, (North America, Champions, Super Duper...)when you consider the standard of the top 50 from each league. Sadly both of these leagues are miles below the DA.

USYS National Championship is a much more established and competitive competition based on sheer volume of teams competing for the title, it's all comers. US Club has it's own Nationals which have become a joke, which are not to be confused with the offshoot US Club (ecnl) post season jamborees that consist of small pools of teams who have been playing for nothing all year. They US Club (ecnl) want so desperately to convince anyone willing to listen they are here to market the girls to college coaches (which has lost all it's flavor now the DA has taken over the landscape and created a separate tier).

The only achievement CU can claim without argument is they are stronger head to head vs another neighborhood club FC P, in the end it's like saying HS Soccer- JV2, JV & Varsity at Southridge is better than Tigard HS.

Which is really impressive.

It's a first, for sure!
                        Click this link
                        https://mycujoo.tv/video/ecnl?id=21749

Roughly 10 parents/family cheering on kids from each team (20 total)

0 College Coaches

Barren fields for girls to chase errant balls.

Guess what 'event' this was.

Truth stranger than fiction.

Comment

Did thorns ever get a full roster?
                          Probably have by now. They don’t seem too proud, which is a good thing in my humble opinion.

Comment

Probably have by now. They don’t seem too proud, which is a good thing in my humble opinion.
                            They shouldn’t be worried about what people might think. It’s just soccer for goodness sakes.

Comment

They shouldn’t be worried about what people might think. It’s just soccer for goodness sakes.
                              I think the list should be kept confidential. No need to get ridiculed on here.

Comment

Other thread indicate that four girls called in today. Thank goodness.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X