Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A good coach is a good coach regardless of gender. Girls families should be asking the club why they nearly always get the weaker coaches while the boys' teams get the better ones.
    There are less girls coaches. Ask most coaches and they will have a strong preference in what gender they coach.

Comment

There are less girls coaches. Ask most coaches and they will have a strong preference in what gender they coach.
      There's preferences and then there's what their boss(es) tell them to coach. ultimately it's FSA's call who coaches where and absolutely the boys have far more than the girls. No one wants to coach losing teams either, so another strike against the girls teams

Comment

There's preferences and then there's what their boss(es) tell them to coach. ultimately it's FSA's call who coaches where and absolutely the boys have far more than the girls. No one wants to coach losing teams either, so another strike against the girls teams
        I don't disagree but in the end, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them coach.

Comment

Isn’t the boys ECNL league second in line after DA? For the girls it’s the opposite?

Comment

Great to have the same retarded 3 people with an axe to grind against FSA constantly post.

Comment

Great to have the same retarded 3 people with an axe to grind against FSA constantly post.
              Yes those 3 were rejected at some point. Still bitter.

Comment

Isn’t the boys ECNL league second in line after DA? For the girls it’s the opposite?
                In CT and really the NE ECNL is the leader. Nationally it's a closer call still TBD. For boys it's BDA by a long shot. But, if you have a CT boy that doesn't want DA then ECNL at FSA is a very good option. Main problem I hear from parents in boys ECNL is the travel is crazy. Playing with a solid club that does EDP is another option. At FSA, for the most part, the girls ECNL teams are weak, the boys teams very strong

Comment

In CT and really the NE ECNL is the leader. Nationally it's a closer call still TBD. For boys it's BDA by a long shot. But, if you have a CT boy that doesn't want DA then ECNL at FSA is a very good option. Main problem I hear from parents in boys ECNL is the travel is crazy. Playing with a solid club that does EDP is another option. At FSA, for the most part, the girls ECNL teams are weak, the boys teams very strong
                  How is the travel “crazy” in ECNL compared to BDA? Looking at schedules for both leagues, I don’t really see a difference.

Comment

How is the travel “crazy” in ECNL compared to BDA? Looking at schedules for both leagues, I don’t really see a difference.
                    DA is definitely worse. Traveling to VA or Montreal for 1 game.

Comment

By crazy I meant what they used to do before when they were in EDP. Both ECNL and DA have absurd travel so pick your poison when it comes to that element. Some do prefer ECNL's system of paring games so when you travel you knock out two in a weekend.

Comment

Some coaches will refuse to coach girls soccer when offered girls teams and go else where if not given what they want, you can’t blame any club for not having enough girls coaches as it tends to falll a little short at all clubs compared to the boys, obviously some are better than others. CFC clearly better than FSA on the girls side but I do think it’s unfair to say that FSA doesn’t have any good girls coaches, there is a number of dedicated coaches who truly enjoy working on the girls side and in terms of talent you only get what turns up to tryouts, yes the coach is there to improve but you won’t see the kind of improvement to turn 7-0 losses into wins this early into the season.

Comment

Some coaches will refuse to coach girls soccer when offered girls teams and go else where if not given what they want, you can’t blame any club for not having enough girls coaches as it tends to falll a little short at all clubs compared to the boys, obviously some are better than others. CFC clearly better than FSA on the girls side but I do think it’s unfair to say that FSA doesn’t have any good girls coaches, there is a number of dedicated coaches who truly enjoy working on the girls side and in terms of talent you only get what turns up to tryouts, yes the coach is there to improve but you won’t see the kind of improvement to turn 7-0 losses into wins this early into the season.
                          CC, AD, and MD are excellent girls coaches.

Comment

How about giving opportunities to female coaches? All these clubs have predominantly men coaching girls teams. A little diversity would help.

Comment

How about giving opportunities to female coaches? All these clubs have predominantly men coaching girls teams. A little diversity would help.
                              Where will they get them? The reality is there aren't a lot of female coaches, let alone any that are any good. It's primarily a male dominated career and a female coach who is any good will have many opportunities

Comment

Haha ok name me 3 good girls coaches at FSA other than your usual 3 of MD AC and CC.

Bet you can’t

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X