Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandwich 1 Weymouth 1

Not your typical Weymouth team. They may not make the tournament at this rate. There were more coaches on Weymouth bench than players. They gave up a soft goal and can’t put the ball in the net. The players look like they don’t even want to be there.

All the hype about “returning academy players” was much to do about nothing. They didn’t play at the academy so there back to HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not your typical Weymouth team. They may not make the tournament at this rate.
      Same post every year. Every year they make the tournament. They don’t win but they make it.

Comment

Winless Weymouth......if they can’t beat Sandwich they are in trouble.

Comment

Winless Weymouth......if they can’t beat Sandwich they are in trouble.
          As bad and embarrassing result this was for Weymouth. This happens every year especially the last two years and they’ve reached the D1 South Semifinals before losing to Needham 3-2 after being up 2-0 and then losing to Needham on PKs.

So they are 0-1-3 so far. 3pts in 4 games. They have 14 games left and need 15pts.

Play Milton Twice
          Play Braintree Twice
          Play WH
          Play BR

That’s 6 wins right there which gets them 15 points which means they would only need 3 points from games against

Walpole
          Needham x2
          BC High
          Newton North
          Natick
          Framingham
          Wellesley

So it’s a no brainer that they make the tournament it just depends where they’ll be seeded

Comment

As bad and embarrassing result this was for Weymouth. This happens every year especially the last two years and they’ve reached the D1 South Semifinals before losing to Needham 3-2 after being up 2-0 and then losing to Needham on PKs.

So they are 0-1-3 so far. 3pts in 4 games. They have 14 games left and need 15pts.

Play Milton Twice
            Play Braintree Twice
            Play WH
            Play BR

That’s 6 wins right there which gets them 15 points which means they would only need 3 points from games against

Walpole
            Needham x2
            BC High
            Newton North
            Natick
            Framingham
            Wellesley

So it’s a no brainer that they make the tournament it just depends where they’ll be seeded
            They definitely miss the tourney this year.

Comment

They definitely miss the tourney this year.
              Making the MIAA tournament is not really difficult. Need to get to 0.500 for overall W-L-T record. Some teams make it with even less than 0.500 if there are still spots open.

Comment

tourney

You my friend have zero clue about how tournaments go. Squads qualify a number of ways- 500 winning, 2nd in league of 5 or more regardless of record, and the Sullivan rule which also allows teams to enter if under 500. There are NO free spots given out.

Making the MIAA tournament is not really difficult. Need to get to 0.500 for overall W-L-T record. Some teams make it with even less than 0.500 if there are still spots open.

Comment

You my friend have zero clue about how tournaments go. Squads qualify a number of ways- 500 winning, 2nd in league of 5 or more regardless of record, and the Sullivan rule which also allows teams to enter if under 500. There are NO free spots given out.
                  So finishing 0.500 gets you in the tournament? Sounds like more than a just a zero clue.

Comment

Seems like there's a bunch of ways to make the tournament. So I'm not sure why you said there's no free spots given out? Looks like some teams are pretty much a lock for the tournament even before the season starts.

Comment

If

If I was speaking I would do it slower so you could understand me, lol.My response was they don't just add teams....there are NO free spots regardless of what you think about the qualification process.

Seems like there's a bunch of ways to make the tournament. So I'm not sure why you said there's no free spots given out? Looks like some teams are pretty much a lock for the tournament even before the season starts.

Comment

Sandwich 1 Weymouth 1

Not your typical Weymouth team. They may not make the tournament at this rate. There were more coaches on Weymouth bench than players. They gave up a soft goal and can’t put the ball in the net. The players look like they don’t even want to be there.

All the hype about “returning academy players” was much to do about nothing. They didn’t play at the academy so there back to HS.
                        Weymouth wins it all next year.

Comment

Where to discuss the full league?

Hmm, I was looking for the Bay State League forum, but apparently this is just the Weymouth forum...

Comment

Hmm, I was looking for the Bay State League forum, but apparently this is just the Weymouth forum...
                            Weymouth people are losing their minds because they see where this season is headed.

Comment

Weymouth people are losing their minds because they see where this season is headed.
                              Which is going where? Usual slow start and lack of goals before a mid season run to about a 5-10 seed in the tournament and likely reaching at least the South Semifnals

Comment

Which is going where? Usual slow start and lack of goals before a mid season run to about a 5-10 seed in the tournament and likely reaching at least the South Semifnals
                                I thought this was supposed to be the Golden Age in Weymouth. What happened? Backing into the tournament at best? Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Braintree will beat them twice. That will be the nail in the coffin.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X