•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce Arena Stew

Wow, what a mess.

That was a shockingly bad performance.

I think it would be hard to find a coach in any sport at any level that looks as unhealthy as Bruce Arena. If a man can't spend a minimum effort to take care of himself, how much effort will he put into anything else? And in sport where conditioning is so vital, how could a player take anything this guy says seriously?

Maybe there was a day when Arena was the appropriate man for this job. But the fact that he has the job now, 1 year before the next World Cup, just reeks of complete disarray within US soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I think it would be hard to find a coach in any sport at any level that looks as unhealthy as Bruce Arena. If a man can't spend a minimum effort to take care of himself, how much effort will he put into anything else? And in sport where conditioning is so vital, how could a player take anything this guy says seriously?

Maybe there was a day when Arena was the appropriate man for this job. But the fact that he has the job now, 1 year before the next World Cup, just reeks of complete disarray within US soccer.
      The people who run ECNL should take over US Soccer

Comment

Our modern sedentary lifestyle combined with an American diet is a recipe for poor health. But you don't need to have good health to be good at teaching and leading. At least I don't think so. US Mens Soccer was bad long before he arrived.

Comment

The people who run ECNL should take over US Soccer
          This is hilarious! That's the last thing we need. A platform for wealthy white kids which has no coaching license requirements and no curriculum running US Soccer. LMAO

Comment

This is hilarious! That's the last thing we need. A platform for wealthy white kids which has no coaching license requirements and no curriculum running US Soccer. LMAO
            US Soccer had done an awful job on the men's side. Now spreading their stink to girls side.

Comment

That would actually be an improvement then.

Comment

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups beef broth
                4 large carrots
                1 onion, chopped
                1 potato, cubed
                1 parsnip
                1 rutebega
                1 overweight men's soccer coach
                1/2 tsp salt
                1/2 tsp pepper
                1 pinch of paprika
                Oil
                1/4 cup flour or cornstarch
                1 spring parsley

1) Chop up Bruce into bite-sized piece. Place in skillet along with oil and brown in medium heat. Add onion.
                2) Place mixture in pressure cooker. Add salt, pepper, remaining vegetables, broth, starch and paprika. Pressure-cook for 30 minutes.
                3) Serve hot and season to taste.

Comment

You must admit when US SOCCER ignored the Women's team, it was a better product on the field. Maybe Anson Dorrance should take over the whole thing...

Comment

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups beef broth
                    4 large carrots
                    1 onion, chopped
                    1 potato, cubed
                    1 parsnip
                    1 rutebega
                    1 overweight men's soccer coach
                    1/2 tsp salt
                    1/2 tsp pepper
                    1 pinch of paprika
                    Oil
                    1/4 cup flour or cornstarch
                    1 spring parsley

1) Chop up Bruce into bite-sized piece. Place in skillet along with oil and brown in medium heat. Add onion.
                    2) Place mixture in pressure cooker. Add salt, pepper, remaining vegetables, broth, starch and paprika. Pressure-cook for 30 minutes.
                    3) Serve hot and season to taste.

Well you could get all fancy about it or you could just fire up the hot tub and dump a bunch of Miller Lite in with the water. Get it real hot and have him lower his hind quarters in and let it steep for 30 mins. Then, you got a nice sweaty meaty stew on a budget.

Comment

You must admit when US SOCCER ignored the Women's team, it was a better product on the field. Maybe Anson Dorrance should take over the whole thing...
                      Sorry but you folks are clueless. US women used to thrive because the rest of the world paid no attention to their women's teams. We have always been average soccer wise but had superior athletes. Now that the rest of the world is putting more effort into their women's teams, we are being passed on the skill side by more and more teams which translates into losses. Hope you enjoyed the ride. But it's over.

Comment

Anyone see Jamaica vs. Curacao? Fun game...and I would bet both teams would easily beat us. Jamaica would crush us. I thought we had a chance to do something in this contrived tournament. But Arena and co. are so inept that I don't know if we will get one win.

Comment

Anyone see Jamaica vs. Curacao? Fun game...and I would bet both teams would easily beat us. Jamaica would crush us. I thought we had a chance to do something in this contrived tournament. But Arena and co. are so inept that I don't know if we will get one win.
                          Agreed, but hopefully people are also acknowledging that this Gold Cup roster is not the first team.

Comment

Too many +1s to mention!

Yea, Bruce looks just terrible.

Love the Anson reference.

GREAT Recipe!

Xclnt take on American women just simply being ahead of the rest of the world....now they're catching up.

Too bad the haters/trolls got the better of Gulati's and USMNT soft underbelly only to retread Arena....a known commodity.

My take on the entire US soccer situation, and it's purely anecdotal, is that the kids are being over coached at a young age......especially by guys who have no business doing so. My biggest issue is that there is ZERO creativity among the players. We're trying to control a game like Coaches do in BB, Football, and BB. They can win the ball and push forward, but have serious problems controlling or knowing what to do with the ball. It's almost like they need to lose the ball and the counter to create any space or know what to do then. Which I guess is a system, only I they don't look they know it's a system, which is why I'm skeptical of that.

What the US will need is a Beckenbauer, who can lead US Soccer out of the dark ages. Maybe Pulisic is that player....hopefully.

Until then, it's be an ugly mess and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Too many +1s to mention!

Yea, Bruce looks just terrible.

Love the Anson reference.

GREAT Recipe!

Xclnt take on American women just simply being ahead of the rest of the world....now they're catching up.

Too bad the haters/trolls got the better of Gulati's and USMNT soft underbelly only to retread Arena....a known commodity.

My take on the entire US soccer situation, and it's purely anecdotal, is that the kids are being over coached at a young age......especially by guys who have no business doing so. My biggest issue is that there is ZERO creativity among the players. We're trying to control a game like Coaches do in BB, Football, and BB. They can win the ball and push forward, but have serious problems controlling or knowing what to do with the ball. It's almost like they need to lose the ball and the counter to create any space or know what to do then. Which I guess is a system, only I they don't look they know it's a system, which is why I'm skeptical of that.

What the US will need is a Beckenbauer, who can lead US Soccer out of the dark ages. Maybe Pulisic is that player....hopefully.

Until then, it's be an ugly mess and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
                              We just need more Americans with dual citizenship that can train & develop outside of the US, like Pulisic did.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X