Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No college coach in the PAC 12 has ever congratulated a kid for making a crossfire united or FC pdx club team. Unless of course they weren't recruiting them and they knew that playing for any club team was an accomplishment and in that case they were just being polite Thanks for the laugh.
    Dead Center.

Comment

No college coach in the PAC 12 has ever congratulated a kid for making a crossfire united or FC pdx club team. Unless of course they weren't recruiting them and they knew that playing for any club team was an accomplishment and in that case they were just being polite Thanks for the laugh.
      Polite? Okay. Then not sure why they ask for game times/fields and waste their time showing up at the games they say they will be at. Must bug you and that is pretty dang comical to me. We are still very early in the process.

Comment

Polite? Okay. Then not sure why they ask for game times/fields and waste their time showing up at the games they say they will be at. Must bug you and that is pretty dang comical to me. We are still very early in the process.
        Actually, it's not really that comical to me. I really don't give a f***. But just to clarify a little more, the email was after we were already in contact with them and they were glad she switched to ecnl to give them more opportunities to see her. We announced the switch. I guess they were VERY polite in listing the events they'd be at and even more polite to ask for times/locations so they could watch (and followed up the the week prior for any changes that might have happened). They have showed up and the back and forth continues. Just so nice of them. Jesus

Is your DD or anyone on her team in contact with a pac12 school? Which club?

Comment

Actually, it's not really that comical to me. I really don't give a f***. But just to clarify a little more, the email was after we were already in contact with them and they were glad she switched to ecnl to give them more opportunities to see her. We announced the switch. I guess they were VERY polite in listing the events they'd be at and even more polite to ask for times/locations so they could watch (and followed up the the week prior for any changes that might have happened). They have showed up and the back and forth continues. Just so nice of them. Jesus

indeed, clackamas, which is a potential feeder to OSU

Comment

Fake.

'We' were in contact.

Student athletes contact schools/coaches, when they elect to reply schools/coaches contact the student athlete, not 'We'.

Also, one soccer match will feature up to 35+ girls not just 1 girl.

Sorry, for you delusion.

Comment

Fake.

'We' were in contact.

Student athletes contact schools/coaches, when they elect to reply schools/coaches contact the student athlete, not 'We'.

Also, one soccer match will feature up to 35+ girls not just 1 girl.

Sorry, for you delusion.
              **** off. I'm not stupid in that there are 35 girls in one game they watch. By "we", I mean our family, yet they do technically reply to ONE email address if you want to get into ridiculous technicalities, ya douche bag.

Comment

**** off. I'm not stupid in that there are 35 girls in one game they watch. By "we", I mean our family, yet they do technically reply to ONE email address if you want to get into ridiculous technicalities, ya douche bag.
                'We' believe you.

Comment

indeed, clackamas, which is a potential feeder to OSU
                  Nice try to get people to bash clackamas.

Comment

Everything you just described is illegal contact and a NCAA violation. So you're either full of crap or you are grossly exaggerating the communication. Which Pac12 team is risking sanctions to correspond with you like this?

Comment

Everything you just described is illegal contact and a NCAA violation. So you're either full of crap or you are grossly exaggerating the communication. Which Pac12 team is risking sanctions to correspond with you like this?
                      Well not everything was described so the joke is on you.

You are so smart though! You should open an Oregon soccer recruiting firm so you can get paid for your recruiting for dummies expertise!. I bet you could make a killing and you could do all your advertising here.

Comment

Yes coaches technically cannot reach out to players until junior year. They can, however, read emails FROM players and accept phone calls FROM players. They also can communicate via club coaches if need be (tell Grace I'll be in my office from 2 to 4 on Tuesday. we can talk then). They also can send out general camp invites - many emails will say we can't "talk to you" right not but come to our camp. Here are the details about the camp.

How do you think all these kids commit before junior year? Brain wave communication?

Comment

Not the poster, but none of that is illegal or an NCAA violation if they go thru the club coach, HS coach or team Manager they can communicate whenever and however. Junior year and beyond they can chat directly to the player

Comment

lol you really don't know how this works does it? Read last two posts

Comment

lol you really don't know how this works does it? Read last two posts
                              Yes I am sure the Pac12 coach is emailing her current coach "so happy you switched to ECNL so we can watch you more . . . "

Don't be stupid here folks. I know how the communication works, I had a 15 year old with a D1 verbal.

Comment

Yes I am sure the Pac12 coach is emailing her current coach "so happy you switched to ECNL so we can watch you more . . . "

Don't be stupid here folks. I know how the communication works, I had a 15 year old with a D1 verbal.
                                Prior post was in regards to illegal contact; nothing to do with encouraging players to move.

Different poster but I do know a player who was "strongly encouraged" to move by the college coach she had committed to. She was the best player on a decent team in a weak league. Needless to say she struggled initially but did improve a great deal - mostly speed of play. Coaches from top programs want players in the most competitive leagues they can play in (assuming a player can move and the ECNL club and coach is good, which isn't always the case).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X