X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow 😳 the lies..

Average is 25% tops. With many in the 10-20% range. You have 1-3 in the entire state that get more then 50% but it's tuition not room and board.

FYI they don't give out full rides..

Do you even know what you are talking about?
    I know Onyx had at least 3 players had 75% or greater athletic money and another 5 that had 50%+ athletic money. Most money came to those who commuted early

Comment

Way too much nonsensical talk about what percentage this, or what percentage that; all the while missing the point. The point? Your DD was good enough to be recruited. Good enough to commit to a college. Good enough to play at the next level, whatever that maybe. Far more players never get there.

Enough.
      Exactly. Of all the stupid tangents on the stupid threads on this chat board, this might be the stupidest.

Comment

I don't think it's stupid at all. It makes a big difference if the top 20 are getting an average of 50%+ athletic scholarships or only 15%+. If it is on the lower end of the scale for even our best, then no need to spend all the time & money doing ECNL or GDA when they could get the same results playing on a local travel team. There is a misconception that if a great Oregon player goes all in on soccer, she's getting close to a full ride at a good D1 school. In reality, that's the SoCal youth national team type of player.

If your dd has the time & money to spare, then go for it but there is no reason to argue about whether ECNL or GDA or GPS or whatever is the best. In the big picture, they are all mediocre here.

Comment

I don't think it's stupid at all. It makes a big difference if the top 20 are getting an average of 50%+ athletic scholarships or only 15%+. If it is on the lower end of the scale for even our best, then no need to spend all the time & money doing ECNL or GDA when they could get the same results playing on a local travel team. There is a misconception that if a great Oregon player goes all in on soccer, she's getting close to a full ride at a good D1 school. In reality, that's the SoCal youth national team type of player.

If your dd has the time & money to spare, then go for it but there is no reason to argue about whether ECNL or GDA or GPS or whatever is the best. In the big picture, they are all mediocre here.
          I'm the one who said all this chatter is nonsensical. All of this chatter is stupid. If it's Not your daughter why should you give aS@$t how much aid/scholarship money a player gets? If it's my daughter why should I give a s@$t what YOU or anyone else thinks she gets or what a schools is giving her??

It's NUNYA..... It's nunya business! Get a life people. Your own life.

Comment

I know Onyx had at least 3 players had 75% or greater athletic money and another 5 that had 50%+ athletic money. Most money came to those who commuted early

Not according to the NCAA. Liar alert.

Unless that was sarcasm, then we are ROTFl. Well played.

Comment

I'm the one who said all this chatter is nonsensical. All of this chatter is stupid. If it's Not your daughter why should you give aS@$t how much aid/scholarship money a player gets? If it's my daughter why should I give a s@$t what YOU or anyone else thinks she gets or what a schools is giving her??

Full RIde Athletic aid in college sports is in the public eye daily....

On the other hand these Oregon girls who annually get very little athletic aid documented are beneath the Radar of discussion topic. Jus Too little aid. You have nothing to worry about its a nominal award.

Unless they become all Pac 12 as a walk on then they will be discussed.

Remember Squad members are simply squad members. But they are needed to fill up rosters and cost schools little if any athletic dollars.

Comment

No one cares how much your or any particular player got. People want to have a realistic idea of what, on average, their own daughters will get. Knowing that your daughters are only going to get 10-25%of athletic aid as a top 20 player in the state, puts it into perspective & you can plan better financially. The issue arises because clubs want you to drink the Kool Aid and the parents of the graduates want to brag that their little Suzie is off to play in college but don't want to say she only got books or 10% or whatever. Everyone pretends they got a full ride and the fallacy continues. Agree that no one should care about individual players and exactly what they did or didn't get - but that's not the question. The question was what's the general average for the top 20 girls.

Comment

No one cares how much your or any particular player got. People want to have a realistic idea of what, on average, their own daughters will get. Knowing that your daughters are only going to get 10-25%of athletic aid as a top 20 player in the state, puts it into perspective & you can plan better financially. The issue arises because clubs want you to drink the Kool Aid and the parents of the graduates want to brag that their little Suzie is off to play in college but don't want to say she only got books or 10% or whatever. Everyone pretends they got a full ride and the fallacy continues. Agree that no one should care about individual players and exactly what they did or didn't get - but that's not the question. The question was what's the general average for the top 20 girls.
                  OREGON STATS
                  Ratio: spend 10k for club soccer 1 yr. = avg athletic aid year per year in college $0 to $1000

Comment

I'm the OP you responded to:

If people want a realistic idea then it's incumbent on them to do their own research and have very detailed and honest conversations. The information is there if you want to find it. My DD is just beginning this process. I can tell you we wil not rely on info from this site or from general conversations with other parents.

We will be doing our own homework. We will seek the information ourselves, from the sources themselves. And so what if little Suzie brags about going off to school to play at the next level? It's an accomplishment worth bragging about! The details of Suzies financial package is of no business to anyone else because it may work for them. It may not work for you and your situation, but that's life. If your DD is better she may get more, if she not, she may get less; that's how life works.

I don't rely on our club for any information, or Kool aid, as you put it. Any information has to be vetted. I can agree, only fools would do that.

Comment

OREGON STATS
                      Ratio: spend 10k for club soccer 1 yr. = avg athletic aid year per year in college $0 to $1000
                      Ahh, the $10K/year guy. Do you have a cite for your info? Or did you just pull that out of your...head?

Comment

OREGON STATS
                        That is crazy if someone would spend that much for soccer. I am glad our ECNL team spent about $5,500 freshman year, $7,000 sophomore and junior year, and spent about $4,000. Got 21 kids with offers, more than $2,000,000 in athletic/merit aid.

How much athletic aid, I mean how much merit aid did the Thorns get?

Comment

That is crazy if someone would spend that much for soccer. I am glad our ECNL team spent about $5,500 freshman year, $7,000 sophomore and junior year, and spent about $4,000. Got 21 kids with offers, more than $2,000,000 in athletic/merit aid.

How much athletic aid, I mean how much merit aid did the Thorns get?

This year each player gets about $10,000 for being part of the thorns Academy ..jus sayin

Comment

This year each player gets about $10,000 for being part of the thorns Academy ..jus sayin
                            Better be careful bragging about that. If it's true, there goes her NCAA eligibility.

Comment

Not true, no one is getting 10k this year. Maybe between 5k-6k.

Comment

Typical Athletic D1 scholarships in PAC 12 and other major conferences
                                Elite (1-2 per team) 100% with book paid for and other perks
                                Tier 1: (2-4 per team) 50 - 75% with books paid for and other perks
                                Tier 2: (5-10 per team) 25-50% with books paid for and other perks
                                Tier 3: (10-20 per team) 10 - 25% with books paid for and other perks
                                Walk on : Other perks

Even with zero scholarship there are perks like free food and a sense of community. Players should not be playing ECNL or academy for the hope of a scholarship alone. They should be playing because they love the game. Anyone that plays soccer in college gets the athlete experience which can be fun. Depending on the situation it can also be frustrating, stressful and deflating.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X