Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I didn't express any opinions. These are all facts. Research them if you don't believe me but don't ask someone else to do your homework if you don't like the answers. You don't like FC Portland because it represents power. Prestige. Elitism. Whatever the adjective. You're the same guy that roots against LeBron James or the New England Patriots because of their "arrogance" or whatever euphemism you want to use to downgrade the best. Tearing down something greater than you or what you do doesn't make you or what you do better. It makes you a jealous person whom we all snicker at.
    zero facts.

You are the guy that says they are the best when in all reality they are known liars and have some pretty awful history. There isn't a single club in Oregon that is trust less then Fcp.

Prestige? Elite? Who lied to you?

Where have you been the last 15 years.

Comment

Like where we sit thank you very much + we seem to be working well with other clubs. Best to you and your kids.

Comment

zero facts.

You are the guy that says they are the best when in all reality they are known liars and have some pretty awful history. There isn't a single club in Oregon that is trust less then Fcp.

Prestige? Elite? Who lied to you?

Where have you been the last 15 years.
        A little bit over dramatic?

Comment

I didn't express any opinions. These are all facts. Research them if you don't believe me but don't ask someone else to do your homework if you don't like the answers. You don't like FC Portland because it represents power. Prestige. Elitism. Whatever the adjective. You're the same guy that roots against LeBron James or the New England Patriots because of their "arrogance" or whatever euphemism you want to use to downgrade the best. Tearing down something greater than you or what you do doesn't make you or what you do better. It makes you a jealous person whom we all snicker at.
          Stop looking in your mirror and admiring yourself like an old supermodel. The other clubs have caught and are passing you. Time to put the arrogance back in its drawer and get back to work.

Comment

Stop looking in your mirror and admiring yourself like an old supermodel. The other clubs have caught and are passing you. Time to put the arrogance back in its drawer and get back to work.
            So what club in Oregon has surpassed FC Portland?

FC Portland is not as great as they used to be. There is more competition now than in the good old days, but I can't think of a club that has surpassed FC Portland.

There are pockets of teams that may be better than FC Portland. On the whole, FC Portland is equal if not better than any club in Oregon.

Comment

So what club in Oregon has surpassed FC Portland?

FC Portland is not as great as they used to be. There is more competition now than in the good old days, but I can't think of a club that has surpassed FC Portland.

There are pockets of teams that may be better than FC Portland. On the whole, FC Portland is equal if not better than any club in Oregon.
              Often when these things happen via arrogance it's to late to fix when properly diagnosed. I am referring to girls side not boys. How many players did you all lose this year? How many did you gain? Things are changing for you now.

Comment

Often when these things happen via arrogance it's to late to fix when properly diagnosed. I am referring to girls side not boys. How many players did you all lose this year? How many did you gain? Things are changing for you now.
                Funny, I don't really think FC is arrogant. They have faced a fierce competitor in Westside for years now; Crossfire/THUSC; emergence of the Timbers' academies and influence over youth soccer. You ask them and they will say that those are tough competitors.

Will say there is a fair amount of pride in the legacy of Clive and that the club does not wear the Timbers patch. I could see how folks see that as arrogance, but I don't.

Comment

Funny, I don't really think FC is arrogant. They have faced a fierce competitor in Westside for years now; Crossfire/THUSC; emergence of the Timbers' academies and influence over youth soccer. You ask them and they will say that those are tough competitors.

Will say there is a fair amount of pride in the legacy of Clive and that the club does not wear the Timbers patch. I could see how folks see that as arrogance, but I don't.
                  Clive was great. The people there now are not Clive. I assume he would have been shocked and dismayed on the idea that the club is forced feeding this national league on people.

They really don't seem focused on development anymore. Their older coaches are notorious for not giving two shakes and simply sell snake oil to recruit.

Comment

Clive was great. The people there now are not Clive. I assume he would have been shocked and dismayed on the idea that the club is forced feeding this national league on people.

They really don't seem focused on development anymore. Their older coaches are notorious for not giving two shakes and simply sell snake oil to recruit.
                    No different than any other club in Oregon.

Comment

No different than any other club in Oregon.
                      Incorrect. Coaches like LS and GS are out dated and they aren't even invested. But what they do have is a great used car dialogue to make up for it.

Comment

I don't know what Clive would say about national leagues - honestly we all have to change with the times.

As for development at the younger ages - their 06 and 05 boys and girls were all good. Their 04 DA program was one of the most improved from fall to spring.

Comment

I don't know what Clive would say about national leagues - honestly we all have to change with the times.

As for development at the younger ages - their 06 and 05 boys and girls were all good. Their 04 DA program was one of the most improved from fall to spring.
                          Who honestly knows but I can tell you that many would say it would be completely counter productive to what he represented.

But that's why you have the people making money off his name while selling a league that already failed at that club.

Comment

Who honestly knows but I can tell you that many would say it would be completely counter productive to what he represented.

But that's why you have the people making money off his name while selling a league that already failed at that club.
                            Making money off of the name of Clive? While FC's coaching salaries are market competitive, DOC comp has never been market-leading: more like Westside than PCU in that regard (plus they are part-time so for the 2 DOCs pretty conservative overhead).

Never will understand the amount of energy spent on the board attacking ECNL.

Comment

I don't think he'd be dismayed by anything. The club is run very professionally and in fact his wife remains involved on most of the larger decisions within the club in keeping with the spirit of her late husbands wishes. Thanks for your concern though.

Comment

Incorrect. Coaches like LS and GS are out dated and they aren't even invested. But what they do have is a great used car dialogue to make up for it.
                                LS hasn't been involved in the program for well over a year now and GS's leadership and influence within the club in general beyond his specific U14 team and UP recruits is very, very small. Maybe you should pay attention if you are going to post such nonsense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X